First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post

I don't claim to be a socionics expert but I'll take a stab at it.
    Thanks

Regarding this statement, it does sound gamma, particularly gamma NT.
    Yeah, though to me the particular statement sounds more Te/Se than Ni, though sure, that's there too.

(Or, it could also be enneagram, right?)

Maintaining relationships = Fi, something gamma values. Helping to achieve goals through motivation/encouragement = Se.

I'm not sure about the caring about looks part of it. I've seen members of other quadras say this too.
    Yeah that's what I meant, I didn't see it as particularly gamma

I suppose it depends on the motivation behind it. Do you want to look a certain way in order to achieve some sort of goal or make some sort of impact on the external world? Or do you do it more for personal or aesthetic reasons? I'd say the former sounds more gamma and Se valuing. The latter, less so and more Si valuing.
    Mainly for the impact just like the statement put it, it's about standing out, looking good/better than many others, making an impact in these ways & I like to express my individuality. It's hard to explain how I decide that something - a piece of clothing or hair style, etc - fits me in a special way but when I hit on something good, I sure like the feeling that it's just for me. Sure I also like the aesthetic appeal. What exactly did you mean by "personal" and "aesthetic reasons" though, in a Si sense?

I don't think it's quite that simple. I don't know you well enough to pick a quadra for you but I think you have to go by more than just a couple of test questions. Really understand the functions and which ones you value in yourself and seek out in other people.
    Well okay sure, I just really liked those statements I do realize that it can be something else, not socionics quadra values and that it's more complex than that anyway.

Yes, that does sound rather alpha. In spite of being in the alpha quadra, I couldn't agree with that. I'm like you, I take life way too seriously. I think that statement tends to be more true of alpha irrationals SEI or ILE than rational types, especially LII, who tend to be the most serious of the alphas.
    In what way do you take life seriously? By that I mainly meant that I tend to be really involved in stuff. E.g. if I want something then I want something, I don't go around saying "ah nevermind" instead. Did you mean this or something else?

Now this is where we differ. I do care about comfort, particularly a comfortable atmosphere, which correlates to Si valuing. I do care about friends and family but I have to say I don't enjoy much the actual taking care of others part of it. I do it more out of sense of obligation or it's the right thing to do. I mostly just want my independence and be able to do as I please.
    I relate to some of what you said: independence and doing as I please; also when I take care of a close friend or family member, the process itself is pretty boring, right. It's just my decision to do it anyway. Mostly because it makes them happy or because I decide the relationship itself is worth it, but I definitely can think of better ways to help someone or to contribute to the relationship :P

That thing about "comfortable atmosphere", we do differ there, true.

I don't know you well enough to pick a quadra for you (...) I don't know your type but you're probably in an Se valuing quadra and the not valuing comfort much would confirm that.
    Thanks again! Btw about you not knowing me well enough.. I did make a thread on my socionics type, there I discussed these things in a much deeper way (the thread about beta vs gamma )

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Hi ENFP

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Beta. There isn't even a question on this matter. I do relate to some elements of gamma too, but ultimately beta wins by a lot. I'm too loud, group oriented, directive, and have a tendancy to slip into an "us vs. them" mentality that I need to keep watch on to not be beta.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Stansmith

Yeah, Gamma/Delta. Although I don't see myself as a humanitarian, and I think I seek Ni and Te in others moreso than I do Si or Ne.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Hi ENFP
    was that meant for me?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    What exactly did you mean by "personal" and "aesthetic reasons" though, in a Si sense?
    I meant you choose it because it looks good to you and it makes you feel good. You're not concerned about the impact it makes on others.

In what way do you take life seriously? By that I mainly meant that I tend to be really involved in stuff. E.g. if I want something then I want something, I don't go around saying "ah nevermind" instead. Did you mean this or something else?
    I interpreted it as, you only get one shot at life so make the most of it. Know yourself and what you want or don't want. Go for it, don't just wait for things to come to you. Make a meaningful contribution to society so that when you die, you'll be remembered in a good way.

That thing about "comfortable atmosphere", we do differ there, true.
    I have a hard time understanding why someone wouldn't want a 'comfortable' atmosphere. But I guess that's why there's different quadra values, right?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I meant you choose it because it looks good to you and it makes you feel good. You're not concerned about the impact it makes on others.
    OK for me it's both.

I interpreted it as, you only get one shot at life so make the most of it. Know yourself and what you want or don't want. Go for it, don't just wait for things to come to you. Make a meaningful contribution to society so that when you die, you'll be remembered in a good way.
    Yeah that's not what I meant but this is actually good too.

I have a hard time understanding why someone wouldn't want a 'comfortable' atmosphere. But I guess that's why there's different quadra values, right?
    It's just that I don't pay attention to how comfortable it is. I don't really care, my attention simply goes elsewhere, automatically.

I think it's also that caring about comfort too much would "kill" me. Too much relaxing is boring, too low energy, I need to be ready for external goals instead.

So yeah, my tendencies are just not compatible with that "comfy" mindset. I have to say socionics really describes this Se vs Si thing so well. Even if it's nowhere near the original Jungian stuff :P

Does this help in understanding?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

was that meant for me?
    Yes, does it suite you?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Yes, does it suite you?
    ENFp type? Where do you see that about me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

ENFp type? Where do you see that about me?
    Looking at things differently, adding possibilities.