User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Socionics quadras - How one behavioral group experiences another.

So, how do you as a [insert quadra] experience the other quadras in comparison to your own? Do you think the quadras make sense? And how useful are they?

I found that it made it a lot easier to narrow down my own type by looking at the quadras. When I did, I could easily eliminate Gamma and Alpha, and could take a closer look at Delta and Beta. I quickly realised that the intensity associated with Beta was something that MBTI never explained about my character. However, I still felt that especially the group behavior was foreign to me, relating more to Delta there.

When I took a socionics test , it gave me EII, a delta result, but a close second was a beta IEI. The type profiles, along with the quadra information made it a lot easier to pinpoint my type.

As I'm looking at socionics further, I find that starting from the quadras, it becomes easier to identify which people are which socionics types. And I start seeing things in my relationship with them that I hadnt considered before. So to me, so far, it has been quite a valuable bit of information, though I haven't finished testdriving it yet
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

There's some really good information here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...15-Four-Quadra
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I've long been interested in but rarely properly studied the quadra.

Okay, so I'm clearly Delta Quadra, which supports my typing as IEE (ENFp)-Fi. I think the quadra make sense and are applicable, as they simply follow from the overlaps that occur between types which share elements of how they're looking at the world. It's interesting now that I understand it to look at the people in my life and how it relates. I know a Beta, for instance, who is very Ni-heavy, and she seems to share some things in common with Gamma Quadra as well, which is interesting. My brother is so Beta, and I find this description really gets to the heart of some of the things I like best about him and also some of the things that have bothered and confused me most about interacting with him. I seem to have a lot of Alphas in my life, and I feel like I've gotten quite comfortable with interacting on Alpha terms, even though it's not my native style.
    Last edited by skylights; 03-20-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks for posting this. I never heard of socionics before coming to this site. It's very new to me and still a little muddled. See, on MBTI I test as an INFJ or INTJ, I've scored both ways. However, on enneagram I score as a 5w4, but on the socionics I scored as ILI; so I'm thinking they don't correspond 1:1 with MBTI. But I'm very open to hearing other people discuss it. That may be the best way to learn about it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love Betas. Especially the dramatic/campy/fabulous EIEs and IEIs <3

LSIs are okay to work with, if a little rigid. I've worked with 2 other SLEs and it was a miracle it didn't turn into a fight.

Edit: I love the link that @SuchIrony posted, because of the correlations between quadras and classical elements.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

I'm probably Beta, but... To hell with socionics. And all the quadras. Including Betas. Last thing I need is a group identity.

I could be SLI too (Delta).

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm probably Beta, but... To hell with socionics. And all the quadras. Including Betas. Last thing I need is a group identity.

Fe inferior projection there, buddy.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

Are you making purposeful irony about betas?

(probably I guess, in that case )
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Are you making purposeful irony about betas?

(probably I guess, in that case )
    Not really. I'm kind of in limbo, I think. At one time, I would have easily identified with Beta. But I just want to chill now, like a Delta.

Another way of looking at quadras is in terms of "age groups"..

Alphas are like children.. with all of the "wonder" and curiousity that children have (as well as the freshman mistakes and spastic behavior).

Betas are teens. With all the rebellion, desire for change, and energy (to either destroy or ignite).

Gammas are like adults. Finding a secure place for yourself in the world, or making a lasting mark, and holding on tight to what you control.

Deltas are like the elderly. Grown past being competitive, generally more accepting of differences in people, but resistant to change and revolution (especially the aggressive Beta variety). Where Alpha Ne is curious and inventive in the scientific sense, Delta Ne is more like.. "Wait..OK. So we have all this stuff. How we do make sense of it as a whole?" What it means in humanistic terms maybe.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Beta: Alphas tend to regard Beta types as "cool" and fun, although "fun" with a bit of an edge, and too often inclined to be a bit bossy; in social situations Alphas usually resign the lead to Betas on the basis that Betas "care more." At work, Alphas are inclined to regard Beta types as too single-minded and rigid.
    Gamma: Alphas tend to regard Gamma types warily, as stand-offish and emotionally cold or even hostile, especially in work situations, as well as inclined to play favorites with those they know better or are attracted to. Alphas tend to see Gamma types as too harsh in their words and generally unimaginative, boring, and too worried about the future, as well as having a mean streak of unforgivingness and vindictiveness.
    Delta: Alphas tend to regard Delta types as kindly and creative, but a bit too serious in their ideals and principles and too demanding of the same from others.
    Tho I like to add that those views are not engraved in stone. One of the aspects of prolly all people, is the fact to keep an open-ended mind, to research and to build on that research. Meaning: we get to know over time how others tick differently and try to adapt on that, respect it or go out of their way.

My perception of the quadras is best expressed in how I perceive them regarding thinking: Betas are the ones I get along with best but they are often too focused on social aspects for my taste. Tho this is a thing I can get along with. Gammas are very type-related: some have the ability to push through and live their perspective, those I like to support team up with and I try to be responsible too as best as I can. Some tho are bossy, aggressive and more inclined on harming people which harmed them. Those I tend to ignore. Deltas are a mystery to me. They often appear like a sect: when talking to each others Delta seem to have a common denominator, which I never managed to grasp. I have a very high morale myself that helps me to get along with most Deltas; still I like to judge thinks logically and that at times can mean that you have to judge a friend. Tho in regards with friends I tend to go with the pro-friend decision and to disregard the logical decision, still at times I frist have to think about it. This questioning of a Delta friendship often suffices to destroy the friendship, they are like sect leaders you either have to follow or not.

Regarding how people perform in life, I look up the most to Deltas. Still all three quadras instill a lot of feelings in me, good or bad, but most often bad. The easiest way for me are still alphas. If I could, I'd surround myself by them, needing nobody else (tho only for a time probably).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]