• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics quadras - How one behavioral group experiences another.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see Se valuing or beta either. He seems very 'chill' rather than intense, which I'd associate more with Si/Ne valuing quadras. SLI is a good bet. Or SEI.

Maybe, maybe not. I come off as very intense (sx first, strong connection to 8, possibly and most likely 8-fixed). but I mostly tend to notice Se in whether people irk the hell out of me or not, usually because what I say tends to be distorted in this manner like they didn't see my point. I would need to interact more to get a more proper "vibe" though.
I used to be on that forum. She typed me once as SEE. LOL!

She's ridiculous. That entire forum is ridiculous actually.
I'm not totally sure of my type but I'm leaning towards INTj (LII)

Seems like a rational conclusion based on the little I've seen from you, yes. Democratic yes, Ti I can see, Ne-Si yes, I can see that also, but you lack the social nitpick Fe ego types can have (and tend to be likely to point at me, for example -.-)

Does it matter what my sociotype is? I'll give you a clue: I get along with LSIs and SLEs VERY well, and it's like we speak the same language. One of my best friends is an LSI-Se 6w5 SX/SP. We share similar views on all types of things and we think alike.

Well, it was just a simple question? Yes, the rational conclusion would be that you're a beta NF or similar but I was curious, part because if you read through this thread, you see some people saying "I get along better/I like the attitude better of a different quadra but mine".

As for you beta haters out there... that's the point of Betas! We're supposed to be loud and exuberant -- derogatory raillery, witty banter and sexual euphemisms (among many others) are what we like to talk about. And it's not so much about what we're doing, it's the mood of whole activity. I'm not the one to drink but I'll fuckin drink if the people don't suck and if the people can give me a good time.

It's not about what we're doing, it's about how we're with and how they make us feel, and how we can express ourselves freely with these people.

I can't express my feelings very well. I've been accused of being cold, arrogant and calculative by my peers and coworkers. But with the right people, they bring out the retarded clapping seal in me. Those are the kinds of people I want to be with, the ones that can make Vetani from a paranoid and aloof hermit into a retarded clapping seal.

Because it makes me happy.

Whateer floats your boat. I was simply explaining why I, as a delta with opposite qudra values, do not prefer this kind of socialization.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's up with the beta haters? jesus fuckin christ

I don't hate betas. I just don't tend to get along well with betas for the natural reason that their functions are the entirely opposite of mine. Even when I try to get along something always tends to misfire and I end up becoming frustrated because they intepreted what I did/said a certain way that was not intended and I just go "fuck this".

Addendum:
This thread is an amazingly good example of it.

Addendum 2:
I never said you're not allowed to not express delta hate.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't hate betas. I just don't tend to get along well with betas for the natural reason that their functions are the entirely opposite of mine. Even when I try to get along something always tends to misfire and I end up becoming frustrated because they intepreted what I did/said a certain way that was not intended and I just go "fuck this".

Addendum:
This thread is an amazingly good example of it.

Addendum 2:
I never said you're not allowed to not express delta hate.

*prods the delta* :ninja:

....are deltas playful at all? :D

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*prods the delta* :ninja:

....are deltas playful at all? :D
Unless I go into nerp mode, probably not. And I am not sure you'd think me nerping all over the place would be considered "playful" either since I'm just spewing out random and often sarcastic nonsense.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unless I go into nerp mode, probably not. And I am not sure you'd think me nerping all over the place would be considered "playful" either since I'm just spewing out random and often sarcastic nonsense.

Ohh..sounds entertaining :popc1:

...now, where is that button? :devil: :thinking:

In a way I guess I want to see where things go wrong between deltas and betas, as I find they often shy away from being engaged in this sort of play. Not sure why that is...

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohh..sounds entertaining :popc1:

...now, where is that button? :devil: :thinking:

In a way I guess I want to see where things go wrong between deltas and betas, as I find they often shy away from being engaged in this sort of play. Not sure why that is...

There is no button. It happens once in a blue moon. And yes, when betas try to include me at least (can't speak for other deltas) in their "play", I often don't see the point so I pull out, especially if I don't feel like it which is 99% of the case.

And I'm not sure you really want to know where things go wrong. It just tends to end up with frustration over the amount of misunderstandings on both sides eventually. If you want to find out, I'd suggest to not do it with me because I certainly am in no mood for that.

Yes, that's me being delta-grumpy so take that as an example.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seems like a rational conclusion based on the little I've seen from you, yes. Democratic yes, Ti I can see, Ne-Si yes, I can see that also, but you lack the social nitpick Fe ego types can have (and tend to be likely to point at me, for example -.-)

What do you mean by social nitpick Fe?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you mean by social nitpick Fe?

Well, Fe types can have a tendency to tell others that you shouldn't say such or such thing or be such a such way because it hurts other people or similar. Just an unhealthy Fe display like how Fi types can be the opposite of going against the stream just because.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, Fe types can have a tendency to tell others that you shouldn't say such or such thing or be such a such way because it hurts other people or similar. Just an unhealthy Fe display like how Fi types can be the opposite of going against the stream just because.

I opened a cashbox in our kitchen in which I have to pay 1 Euro everytime I tell my dom Fi girl that what she just has been doing "aint normal" or that "everyone would understand me except for her".

We have grown pretty rich that way :D

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Actually, I can do the Fe thing and I have done it. I have to be pretty provoked but there have been times when people have gotten out of hand with the insults and I have intervened. Hasn't happened that much but it's happened.

Also, there have been times where I have been tempted to intervene but experience or something told me to do so would be fruitless. Maybe it's my knowledge of the people- they are are the types that aren't going to care about hurting others' feelings and thus won't be receptive to feedback. Also intervening could make me a potential target for their verbal barbs.

KDude

Actually, I can do the Fe thing and I have done it. I have to be pretty provoked but there have been times when people have gotten out of hand with the insults and I have intervened. Hasn't happened that much but it's happened.

Also, there have been times where I have been tempted to intervene but experience or something told me to do so would be fruitless. Maybe it's my knowledge of the people- they are are the types that aren't going to care about hurting others' feelings and thus won't be receptive to feedback. Also intervening could make me a potential target for their verbal barbs.

No words. Just kick their ass. That works....sometimes.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No words. Just kick their ass. That works....sometimes.

Remember, you're speaking to someone who's likely Se vulnerable.

Kicking someone's ass isn't exactly in my repertoire of behaviors.

KDude

I think Se PoLR (INj) try to avoid it at all costs, until it's at unmanageable levels. Then they might respond with too much and/or sloppy use of Se. I guess the trick is learning how to manage this better. Then again, Ne is much, much better of thinking of ways around problems too. So it has no need to be direct, most of the time.

When people don't care about hurting others, it's often more a power play than simply "not caring". They can change.. you just have to play the game a little bit. Maybe that's too much to ask though.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I opened a cashbox in our kitchen in which I have to pay 1 Euro everytime I tell my dom Fi girl that what she just has been doing "aint normal" or that "everyone would understand me except for her".

We have grown pretty rich that way :D

LOL, I can relate. Fe ignoring is a bitch that way. I am not very aware of how I make others feel because I'm so focused on what I'm feeling and whatever awareness I have tends to go in one ear and out the other, even when other people tell me pretty much in my face what I'm doing wrong. I usually don't get it anyway. And when you tell me I'm wrong I just get pissed off unless you do it very suggestively like [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] did earlier. It needs to feel like I came to that conclusion. If you force your POV I'll just be stubborn.

Yes. I can also intervene but then I tell people more straight up what I think is wrong more in lines with Te than Fe and it only happens if it irks my Fi values. I also don't tend to take sides but I find that both are equally wrong/stupid and I condemn both openly or what I perceive to be the source of the problem. I don't expect their social values to be changed; I simply expect them to conform to rules that we have that govern social etiquette. There's a subtle difference between the two mindsets. Ultimately Fe types just want people to get along but I don't. I don't care what they think or feel of each other as long they don't disrupt my experience on the forum. We got forum rules to deal with that and if you can't follow them, too bad.

The thread with The Great One arguing with DJ Arendee is a good example. I am not going to say that either one is mean to each other because I think they are equally wrong. Fe types tend to be more likely to pick sides like that in contrast, strangely enough, or in some cases, make both sides reconcile.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Actually, I don't mind violence as a last resort despite being Se PoLR. I think a good slap in the face can sometimes say more than thousand words but most importantly, there comes to a point where a person gets so stuck up in their current "energy level" that simply trying to argue them out of it is not going to work. Then a kind but physical reminder helps to break our focus. It works on dogs, I know it also works on humans. LOL. It doesn't mean I think someone should beat someone else up senselessly though.

I don't think Se PoLR has to only appear as a feeling of being against violence or people who swear (well, if that's true, no wonder people think I'm an ESI and then I'm probably am one). It's more about an inability to process Se information and when delivered to you it just makes you feel very uncomfortable. As a perfect example, I'm a big fan of violent movies and games almost to the point where the bloodier the better (as long as it's stylish), but if someone tells me that a chair has only one point of use (Se + Ni), I'll immediately go, "no, think of all the other possibilities you can use a chair for!".

Also, it should be noted before someone says anything, that while I may think that stylish violence is entertaining on the big screen, it doesn't mean I think violence for the sake of power is ok. But controlled circumstances? Yes, definitely. As long someone is not hurt for real.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Se PoLR (INj) try to avoid it at all costs, until it's at unmanageable levels. Then they might respond with too much and/or sloppy use of Se. I guess the trick is learning how to manage this better. Then again, Ne is much, much better of thinking of ways around problems too. So it has no need to be direct, most of the time.

When people don't care about hurting others, it's often more a power play than simply "not caring". They can change.. you just have to play the game a little bit. Maybe that's too much to ask though.

I have trouble knowing the degree of appropriate Se use. Like you said, I'd much prefer to find ways around problems (Ne) rather than brute force (Se). Yes, it could just be a power play. I often feel powerless to change or influence people. My mindset tends to be, they are who they are, they'll change if and when they'll want to change. I am generally clueless when it comes to trying to 'play the game' with others.

LOL, I can relate. Fe ignoring is a bitch that way. I am not very aware of how I make others feel because I'm so focused on what I'm feeling and whatever awareness I have tends to go in one ear and out the other, even when other people tell me pretty much in my face what I'm doing wrong. I usually don't get it anyway. And when you tell me I'm wrong I just get pissed off unless you do it very suggestively like [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] did earlier. It needs to feel like I came to that conclusion. If you force your POV I'll just be stubborn.

Sometimes my perception of how I think I make others feel doesn't always match the reality. I too am often in my own world of my own feelings. However, if someone tells me I hurt them unintentionally, I will feel bad about it and do whatever I need to in order for them to feel okay again. I hate having the blame placed on me for someone's bad feelings.

Yes. I can also intervene but then I tell people more straight up what I think is wrong more in lines with Te than Fe and it only happens if it irks my Fi values. I also don't tend to take sides but I find that both are equally wrong/stupid and I condemn both openly or what I perceive to be the source of the problem. I don't expect their social values to be changed; I simply expect them to conform to rules that we have that govern social etiquette. There's a subtle difference between the two mindsets. Ultimately Fe types just want people to get along but I don't. I don't care what they think or feel of each other as long they don't disrupt my experience on the forum. We got forum rules to deal with that and if you can't follow them, too bad.

The thread with The Great One arguing with DJ Arendee is a good example. I am not going to say that either one is mean to each other because I think they are equally wrong. Fe types tend to be more likely to pick sides like that in contrast, strangely enough, or in some cases, make both sides reconcile.

I'm kind of in between these two points of view. I'd prefer it if everyone just got along but I know that practically, that isn't going to happen, unless you heavily censor content, which isn't desirable either for a good intellectual discussion. There is always going to be some level of dissonance, so as long as it's not affecting me personally, I'm not too bothered by it. I always have the option to ignore the threads where there's too bickering and the like.

Also, I can be pretty unaware of certain forum drama that happens. Maybe it's just because I don't get involved much and stay detached or I'm just not drawn to the sorts of threads where it's more likely to take place or just made uneasy by too much disharmony. Anyway, a moderator says so and so is banned from the forum. To me, it seems to have come out of the blue but the problem may have been going on quite awhile and I just wasn't aware of it.

Actually, I don't mind violence as a last resort despite being Se PoLR. I think a good slap in the face can sometimes say more than thousand words but most importantly, there comes to a point where a person gets so stuck up in their current "energy level" that simply trying to argue them out of it is not going to work. Then a kind but physical reminder helps to break our focus. It works on dogs, I know it also works on humans. LOL. It doesn't mean I think someone should beat someone else up senselessly though.

I would use violence too as a last resort. If some random stranger were to show up with a gun and demand I give him some money, I just might kick him in the nuts. But it's definitely not my preferred manner of acting. I much prefer to calmly reason things out logically. :)

I don't think Se PoLR has to only appear as a feeling of being against violence or people who swear (well, if that's true, no wonder people think I'm an ESI and then I'm probably am one). It's more about an inability to process Se information and when delivered to you it just makes you feel very uncomfortable. As a perfect example, I'm a big fan of violent movies and games almost to the point where the bloodier the better (as long as it's stylish), but if someone tells me that a chair has only one point of use (Se + Ni), I'll immediately go, "no, think of all the other possibilities you can use a chair for!".

Also, it should be noted before someone says anything, that while I may think that stylish violence is entertaining on the big screen, it doesn't mean I think violence for the sake of power is ok. But controlled circumstances? Yes, definitely. As long someone is not hurt for real.

I like movies with alot of action but not necessarily alot of violence. I don't like violence just for it's own sake. Some movies are bloody and gory just to see how far they can go with it and I don't like that. But if it's violence for the purpose of proving a point and it seems like the best way to get the message across than that's fine.

I can really relate to your chair example. I cringe when I hear people say things like "there is only one use for x."

As far as processing Se information goes, sometimes I have trouble knowing how much force to apply. It's not necessarily anything violence related but can apply to everyday physical objects. For example, I'll be working with some tool or piece of equipment and I pound too hard or not hard enough. I've had times where I've broken objects from unintentionally applying too much pressure or in the wrong spot. I don't know if this is really socionics Se related or not but it reminded me of it. I can be really clumsy with tools and certain physical movements.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes my perception of how I think I make others feel doesn't always match the reality. I too am often in my own world of my own feelings. However, if someone tells me I hurt them unintentionally, I will feel bad about it and do whatever I need to in order for them to feel okay again. I hate having the blame placed on me for someone's bad feelings.

Would you say this is an example of just being weak in Fe? Like usually, I can't get what people truly think or feel for the love of me, but I can very well tell what I am feeling personally. The only way I can guess what people feel is if I can use myself as reference point and compare to something I've experienced that's comparable. Expressing my own feelings however... That's much more complicated. It's like what I feel is always too complex to be expressed in words.
I'm kind of in between these two points of view. I'd prefer it if everyone just got along but I know that practically, that isn't going to happen, unless you heavily censor content, which isn't desirable either for a good intellectual discussion. There is always going to be some level of dissonance, so as long as it's not affecting me personally, I'm not too bothered by it. I always have the option to ignore the threads where there's too bickering and the like.

For me it's more like an issue or a non-issue. Also as you say, I dislike censorship of all kinds and again, I don't care if people get along or not as long as they don't expressively disrupt my forum experience because they can't keep their bickering private.
Also, I can be pretty unaware of certain forum drama that happens. Maybe it's just because I don't get involved much and stay detached or I'm just not drawn to the sorts of threads where it's more likely to take place or just made uneasy by too much disharmony. Anyway, a moderator says so and so is banned from the forum. To me, it seems to have come out of the blue but the problem may have been going on quite awhile and I just wasn't aware of it.

Same. I tend to live in my own little bubble. Mostly if someone is randomly banned unless it's a person whose presence I enjoyed I will most likely not be very concerned though.
I would use violence too as a last resort. If some random stranger were to show up with a gun and demand I give him some money, I just might kick him in the nuts. But it's definitely not my preferred manner of acting. I much prefer to calmly reason things out logically. :)

Definitely. I do prefer non-violent resolutions if possible and I'm a pacifist.
I like movies with alot of action but not necessarily alot of violence. I don't like violence just for it's own sake. Some movies are bloody and gory just to see how far they can go with it and I don't like that. But if it's violence for the purpose of proving a point and it seems like the best way to get the message across than that's fine.

Well, there's a level where I think violence in itself can be pretty tasteful as a form of aesthetic, even when it's excessively gory. The Silent Hill movie has a few moments of these. I wonder if that's not just my 5w4 reacting though, like, as long as you trigger my logical fancy violence can equally fascinate as it can disturb me. Or like the horse scene in The Cell. Like I guess, ultimately it's not so much gore as it is macabre:

As far as processing Se information goes, sometimes I have trouble knowing how much force to apply. It's not necessarily anything violence related but can apply to everyday physical objects. For example, I'll be working with some tool or piece of equipment and I pound too hard or not hard enough. I've had times where I've broken objects from unintentionally applying too much pressure or in the wrong spot. I don't know if this is really socionics Se related or not but it reminded me of it. I can be really clumsy with tools and certain physical movements.

Haha, same! I'm also terribly clumsy and I got poor control of the physical environment in general.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Lmao, Madonna is SLE-Ti and I don't think she seems to care a lot about social norms.

social norms for beta quadra are self-defined coolness which, when not respected, makes the person a loser

Alphas: I feel like I should like alphas. They seem cheerful, creative, and generally well meaning, which are all good things, so I'm not really sure about the reasons behind the disconnect that actually exists. One thing that does rub me the wrong way about alpha NTs is their inclination to turn things that I take seriously into a theme of lighthearted speculation or joking. It's awkward and annoying.

Betas: Betas are colorful and exciting. I often find their style aesthetically pleasing, but their shenanigans and histrionics can get a bit too much for me to take. It's not hard to detach from it though. They are irritating but entertaining. The bulk of my experience with betas has been with IEIs. Some of them are lovely, others I want to punch in the face.

I'm tossing up gamma and delta for myself. There are things I identify with in both quadras and other things that I find uncomfortable to deal with.

Gamma: I admire gamma drive and focus, and I think they're capable of tremendous insight. However, it bothers me when they glorify being cruel and vindictive for no apparent reason other than to make a show of strength. They're hard to get to know because they are so self-contained and have a standoffish "I already have all the friends I need" attitude to new people, and those are both traits that I possess myself, so the initial barrier can be hard to breach. However, things proceed very well after that's been accomplished.

Deltas: Deltas seem like the "salt of the earth" quadra to me. I admire their patience, self-reliance, and humility, but honestly, they kinda make me feel bad about myself, like I'm just not as good a person, or like I'm an un-evolved member of their tribe. However, the same things that trigger feelings of inferiority or guilt can irritate me in other respects, because I frequently perceive them as preachy or boring. I get along very well with some of them but the others kind of blur together for me.