• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics quadras - How one behavioral group experiences another.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't get socionics at all. I've read so many articles on it but the descriptions are always worded so strangely that it ends up having no meaning to me. I always test as IEI, and it seems likely enough but I also don't understand why I'd be fe/ni instead of fi/ne.

so I guess I'm beta but I can't really get a grip on it.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm delta and I think deltas and betas have trouble getting along.

It's not exactly a new concept. I find that socionics Ne tends to piss me off right off the bat, while Fi goes unnoticed.

(I'm looking at you, delta NFs)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I don't get socionics at all. I've read so many articles on it but the descriptions are always worded so strangely that it ends up having no meaning to me. I always test as IEI, and it seems likely enough but I also don't understand why I'd be fe/ni instead of fi/ne.

so I guess I'm beta but I can't really get a grip on it.

Cuz socionics is a different system and you need to get into the theory of the functions to understand it, much like how you got into the theory of the MBTI functions.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It's not exactly a new concept. I find that socionics Ne tends to piss me off right off the bat, while Fi goes unnoticed.

(I'm looking at you, delta NFs)

ESTps and ENFjs annoy me merely by their personality alone even if they are really good people I have to sort of distance myself. ISTjs are a mixed bag same with INFps. Socionics INFp's are pretty out of touch with reality they are very imaginative and creative.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTps and ENFjs annoy me merely by their personality alone even if they are really good people I have to sort of distance myself. ISTjs are a mixed bag same with INFps. Socionics INFp's are pretty out of touch with reality they are very imaginative and creative.

You will be annoyed by me, then :p

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ's don't have Se in socionics.

Of course they do. It may not be in their ego block (1st 2 functions), but it's there in their super-Id block (5th and 6th functions). And being Beta, they value Se + Ti/Fe + Ni equally, but differ in their strengths.

For EIE, because Se in the 6th function, it means that they are better at using it than Ti, but not as good as an SLE or SEE using Se. This shows itself as being overly brash in their emotional expression.

Source: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EIE

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Beta

KDude

I don't even want to bother correlating the two typologies. There's too much to juggle around. I've tried it. Doesn't work.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm delta and I think deltas and betas have trouble getting along.

Yes, people of opposite quadras tend to have the most trouble getting along. This means deltas should have the most trouble getting along with betas and vice versa.

While alphas will have more trouble with gammas and vice versa.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Of course they do. It may not be in their ego block (1st 2 functions), but it's there in their super-Id block (5th and 6th functions). And being Beta, they value Se + Ti/Fe + Ni equally, but differ in their strengths.

For EIE, because Se in the 6th function, it means that they are better at using it than Ti, but not as good as an SLE or SEE using Se. This shows itself as being overly brash in their emotional expression.

Source: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EIE

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Beta

Well I meant in the first four technically all types use all functions yes.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I meant in the first four technically all types use all functions yes.

But it doesn't work that way like in MBTI. If you read the second link, all quadras value their 1st 2 functions, and the 5th and 6th functions.

For Delta, they value Si + Te/Ne + Fi because these two appear in the ego and super-Id block respectively. I don't know why they structure it that way, but this link might be able to help:

http://socionics.us/theory/model.shtml

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I don't even want to bother correlating the two typologies. There's too much to juggle around. I've tried it. Doesn't work.

Whenever people try to make the comparison on here it always ends up in me trying to come up with a creative way of explaining how I'm not an LSI.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
But it doesn't work that way like in MBTI. If you read the second link, all quadras value their 1st 2 functions, and the 5th and 6th functions.

For Delta, they value Si + Te/Ne + Fi because these two appear in the ego and super-Id block respectively. I don't know why they structure it that way, but this link might be able to help:

http://socionics.us/theory/model.shtml

That makes sense that would also explain the reasoning behind the benefactor and such. My point was that each type is still defined by the first four functions still.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That makes sense that would also explain the reasoning behind the benefactor and such. My point was that each type is still defined by the first four functions still.

I don't think it's defined that way... to me it's a mix of their vulnerable functions (3rd and 4th) and their valued functions (ego and super-Id). Without their valued functions there wouldn't be quadras, and there wouldn't be a discussion on quadra behavior.

Edit: to make my point more clear, I believe that types are extensions of a quadra.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I myself am a Gamma (SEE-Fi).

Alpha- It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't really agree with how they carry themselves. When I'm with an Alpha one on one, it's usually fine. I think that the NT-SF bond is still there, but in a weird way. I find myself criticizing a lot of what they do internally, and fundamentally not understanding why they do a lot of what they do (Alpha NT); or think that the things that they do are a bit pointless, or missing the point (Alpha SF). Some Alpha NTs I know are extremely respectable, good people. One of my good friends is actually an LII. I really can't say anything bad about the guy at all, but I think we have to suppress some of what we normally do, or kind of joke around about it. We play games together, and I'm the guy that gets really, really mad and really aggressive at times and it can kind of irk him, but I tend to joke around about it to soften that. And sometimes I will make some mistakes because I didn't think things through and he'll comment on that, but then again he jokes around about that despite super Ti'ing me.

Beta- Betas are usually the quadra that I have the most issues with. It seems like some betas are dramatic just for the sake of being dramatic, and I don't consider myself too dramatic a person; and my non participation in their "beta-ness" kinda makes me the odd man out sometimes. Beta NFs can come off as being excessively flirty, needy, or teasing. They seem to create this air that they are "Desirable" so that their Beta ST buddies can come in and give them validation. Beta STs can come off as being overtly logical, bossy, and hard-assed for no reason. Betas seem to care a lot about social norms (what the individual sees those as in their heads), and I have issues with this because I don't really have much of a sense of social norms, my socializing is based on the individuals I'm with. Betas can be pretty cool people, but they can be a bit of a handful sometimes with their style. I'd call them pretty "excess" at everything.

Delta- I tend to very much enjoy deltas. They can be very chill and relaxing to be around, and great conversationalists. I enjoy the sharing of values, and the fact that talking about value related stuff isn't really awkward with deltas. Deltas are the kinds of people that I think would be great to live with, they are non pushy and keep to themselves for the most part, but then enjoy socializing sometimes too. The only bad thing I can think of about deltas is that they lack that "edge" that I seek in people. They just aren't the same as Gammas, but I still like them. A lot of my friends are Deltas.

Gammas- Well they are my quadra, so what can I say? Gammas can be just as picky with their own quadra as they are with others. I've known some gammas for a VERY long time before actually opening up to them; and other times we just kind of start talking to each other and figure out that we're similar and things are cool. Since I'm pretty similar to other gammas, everything goes really well as long as the person I'm talking to isn't a jerk. Gamma NTs are a joy, and Gamma SFs are pretty cool, but differing values can really get in the way of my accepting them sometimes.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's up with the beta haters? jesus fuckin christ

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beta- Betas are usually the quadra that I have the most issues with. It seems like some betas are dramatic just for the sake of being dramatic, and I don't consider myself too dramatic a person; and my non participation in their "beta-ness" kinda makes me the odd man out sometimes. Beta NFs can come off as being excessively flirty, needy, or teasing. They seem to create this air that they are "Desirable" so that their Beta ST buddies can come in and give them validation. Beta STs can come off as being overtly logical, bossy, and hard-assed for no reason. Betas seem to care a lot about social norms (what the individual sees those as in their heads), and I have issues with this because I don't really have much of a sense of social norms, my socializing is based on the individuals I'm with. Betas can be pretty cool people, but they can be a bit of a handful sometimes with their style. I'd call them pretty "excess" at everything.

Lmao, Madonna is SLE-Ti and I don't think she seems to care a lot about social norms.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lmao, Madonna is SLE-Ti and I don't think she seems to care a lot about social norms.

I'm sure she could possibly get on her high horse about what's "right" and "wrong" socially, as I said it depends on what the individual sees it as. That just seems to be a Beta trait, seeing these injustices socially and then having the need to fix them themselves.