User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Not sure about you, but people tend to have a love-hate relationship towards me.
    Same here actually which is quite odd.
    I really like cats and food.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Same here actually which is quite odd.
    Likewise. SX ftw?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Likewise. SX ftw?
    Well, Aleda is so first.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Likewise. SX ftw?
    I'm so first but I'm often mistaken for an sx/so.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I don't agree with the connection either necessarily but I see the point they're saying. I think the word "group" is a poor choice of wording. Community is better.
    It really isn't though. Unless you automatically see someone with a particular interest as affiliated with a community of people with that same interest.

Do you really see yourself and would you describe yourself in terms of kinship with cat lovers everywhere? If so, then yeah, I can buy the aristocratic/democratic divide. Even so, it's ludicrous to say that anyone who describes a person in terms of their interests is "aristocratic." That's just a matter of trying to convey relevant information.

If you're trying to describe a rabid football fan, you're going to call him a rabid football fan (or variations thereof) whether you're alpha or delta or whatever. People shouldn't overdiagnose differences based on theory where none exist.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    It really isn't though. Unless you automatically see someone with a particular interest as affiliated with a community of people with that same interest.

Do you really see yourself and would you describe yourself in terms of kinship with cat lovers everywhere? If so, then yeah, I can buy the aristocratic/democratic divide. Even so, it's ludicrous to say that anyone who describes a person in terms of their interests is "aristocratic." That's just a matter of trying to convey relevant information.

If you're trying to describe a rabid football fan, you're going to call him a rabid football fan (or variations thereof) whether you're alpha or delta or whatever. People shouldn't overdiagnose differences based on theory where none exist.
    It's not so much kinship... in the sense of the word. More as a way to define whether someone is outside or inside. I mean, I still see I got more in common with people who like cats than people who hate cates or people who feel indiferent towards cats. It becomes really noticeable when studying actual group dynamics because aristocratic groups are not as open in such a sense compared to democratic groups where aristocratic groups form in clusters based on a common trait they all got in common. For example, one of my delta friendship circles is formed around that we all like the same kind of music. Without this unity the group would not... be the same kind of group or fall apart even. It's kind of what glues it together.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)
    IEE (ENFp): 88% as likely as EII.
    IEI (INFp): 86% as likely as EII.
    ILE (ENTp): 74% as likely as EII.

Oooh I'm a Delta. But there are a lot of Beta elements that I really identify with.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I've long been interested in but rarely properly studied the quadra.

Okay, so I'm clearly Delta Quadra, which supports my typing as IEE (ENFp)-Fi. I think the quadra make sense and are applicable, as they simply follow from the overlaps that occur between types which share elements of how they're looking at the world. It's interesting now that I understand it to look at the people in my life and how it relates. I know a Beta, for instance, who is very Ni-heavy, and she seems to share some things in common with Gamma Quadra as well, which is interesting. My brother is so Beta, and I find this description really gets to the heart of some of the things I like best about him and also some of the things that have bothered and confused me most about interacting with him. I seem to have a lot of Alphas in my life, and I feel like I've gotten quite comfortable with interacting on Alpha terms, even though it's not my native style.
    Your spoiler is so great. I'm reading really closely comparing ENFj and ESFp/Beta and Gamma, and I'm very certain of SEE/Gamma now (not that I wasn't before, but people kept calling me ENFj so I had to find out why, because they do appear to have similarities on the surface)...and I am so Gamma it's not even funny. For example, the power-play dynamic in romance, viewing Betas as effective (or ethically focused,in my words) but too ideological or two-faced/concerned with social status, and viewing Deltas as nice and creative but mostly way too forgiving of the undeserving. I also have such a problem with relating feeling to appropriate occasions that I've made people very upset on holidays or at parties.

I also read this other interesting thing about Aristocratics versus Democratics, and apparently Democratics see people as pushy or invading their space, and this is pretty much the epic tale of my childhood battle with my step-monster, and also my war with my ex-of-six-years'-mother. She was the mother-in-law from hell in my mind, always harping about spots on the sink and unmade beds and sweeping her floor 87 times a day whilst hoarding 467 roles of toilet paper.

Apparently Betas are more likely to commit acts of extremism, I read another description that basically made them sound most likely to be cult members, witch burners, and terrorists.

And I'm very wary of that kind of thing, I call it the downside of Fe (to put it mildly) and it's one of the reasons why I've sought a more centrist view of politics, despite my own hard-line ethical judgments, my fear of this sort of extremist behavior has driven me in a more long-term view (Ni) of having a more realistic (Se) view of other people's ideologies and why they think or feel that way, and collecting facts in an attempt to support ethics (using Te to support preferred Fi).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Ah, I see, well SEE seems to make sense for you, I had not thought about it before tbh.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Marmotini

Tbh, I found it weird to think of you as anything but a gamma. I get that people saw you as beta though, due to the intensity you sometimes bring to battle. But your style of interaction is...more rough around the edges and slapping people in the face with what you believe to be true, than it is persuading people to join your cause.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”