First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    No, I realize that people identify with groups and categorizing things and people to different extents ... I'm just saying that using it as a test to type people when they're already thinking about something as group-based as socionics isn't very reliable.

I mean, if this were taken too literally, then anyone who was ever interested in typing anyone or attaching a socionics label to them would be an aristocrat. I don't know. Maybe I'm chasing something illusory here.

I think you're right about the taking things too literally bit. xD

And I see what you're getting at overall, but it's not really a black-and-white one-or-the-other thing. I think these occur in people in varying degrees, really. Plus the dichotomies are just supplemental to the functions, since they are the result of certain functions interacting with one another. Or at least that's how they are explained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quadra archetypes bust out like fireworks indoors once you ramp up the voltage. Collectively, Gammas really do strike me as the "anything goes" bunch (it's fun to see and engage with rogue INFj delivering their pitches) which can make an INFp-Ni feel out of place though the "aristocratic" label comes alive at Beta parties- feels comparably reigned-in and selective- INTjs tend to move in isolated packs rather than jell with either.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No, I realize that people identify with groups and categorizing things and people to different extents ... I'm just saying that using it as a test to type people when they're already thinking about something as group-based as socionics isn't very reliable.

I mean, if this were taken too literally, then anyone who was ever interested in typing anyone or attaching a socionics label to them would be an aristocrat. I don't know. Maybe I'm chasing something illusory here.

I get what you are saying but this is why you need to study your behavior in a wider context. I'm for example clearly aristocratic. If you'd ask me how I would describe a person it would be based on that person's interests that in a way, puts them in groups. For example, if I were to describe myself I'd say "loves metal music, mindfuck movies and cats" which relates back to "groups" in the sense that I identify myself with interests that I share with people in a general sense so if you share my interests you're "in", otherwise out. I don't think I'd say stuff like "she's in the football team" though. I guess that's more like beta aristocracy. I would however say, "she likes football."

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I get what you are saying but this is why you need to study your behavior in a wider context. I'm for example clearly aristocratic. If you'd ask me how I would describe a person it would be based on that person's interests that in a way, puts them in groups. For example, if I were to describe myself I'd say "loves metal music, mindfuck movies and cats" which relates back to "groups" in the sense that I identify myself with interests that I share with people in a general sense so if you share my interests you're "in", otherwise out. I don't think I'd say stuff like "she's in the football team" though. I guess that's more like beta aristocracy. I would however say, "she likes football."
    This seems like an exceedingly tenuous explanation to me. Interests =/= group affiliations.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This seems like an exceedingly tenuous explanation to me. Interests =/= group affiliations.
    I don't agree with the connection either necessarily but I see the point they're saying. I think the word "group" is a poor choice of wording. Community is better.

Everybody loves Deltas, right?
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Everybody loves Deltas, right?
    They do?

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    They do?
    They should.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Everybody farts

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    They should.
    Not sure about you, but people tend to have a love-hate relationship towards me.