User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    My last question has been buried under troll waste.
    You call telling the truth being a troll? And I thought you were so smart.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I think that threads veer off topic because some believe that those who delve deep into the internal logic lose sight of the overall context, and they seek to reestablish that context. There seems to be more and more of this sentiment going around. I happen to think that's a great thing and for god's sake we really do need more of it, but we can also work to establish which parts of these theories are useful (none! lol! haha hi five! *congratulatory fist bump*) and which are not.

I guess the question would be--if we're going to categorize types anyway, would the lovely fourth dichotomy be better termed as what we extravert or what actually drives us? My first thought is that that the former is more useful for behavior modeling and workforce development and the latter for a more 'scientific,' down-in-the-weeds cognitive approach..
    Doesn't the fourth category describe lifestyle? Isn't that how Myers-Briggs developed it?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

My last question has been buried under troll waste. No matter, I'll just repeat it. @KDude "Which type [like Darwin] thinks about ideas abstractly, and builds a brand new paradigm out of evidence based on experiment and observation?"
    That would be NTP. But all I'm saying is ISTP could build their own theories too, given enough time. Many ISTP cops and other investigators and profilers do exactly this. It's next to impossible to spin one's wheels consistently, without contemplation and building a model from it. Definitely impossible for another introvert at least.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That would be NTP. But all I'm saying is ISTP could build their own theories too, given enough time. Many ISTP cops and other investigators and profilers do exactly this. It's next to impossible to spin one's wheels consistently, without contemplation and building a model from it. Definitely impossible for another introvert at least.
    We're talking about two different kettles of fish. I certainly agree that investigators and such create their own theories. But these are not like Darwin's theory. They are not paradigm shifts.

The INTP is the architect of new scientific paradigms.

We're talking about two different kettles of fish. I certainly agree that investigators and such create their own theories. But these are not like Darwin's theory. They are not paradigm shifts.

The INTP is the architect of new scientific paradigms.
    Fair enough. You can have Darwin, if you want. I was only using him as someone where I could see ISTP being more plausible (than Jung). Jung dealt strictly with symbols and esoteric subjects.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Fair enough. You can have Darwin, if you want. I was only using him as someone where I could see ISTP being more plausible (than Jung). Jung dealt strictly with symbols and esoteric subjects.
    Not true. Jung stated that he observed his patients for 20 years before writing Psychological Types. I believe he said 20 years. The only difference I see is that Jung didn't go gallivanting around the world looking for the evidence needed to support his theory.

Not true. Jung stated that he observed his patients for 20 years before writing Psychological Types. I believe he said 20 years. The only difference I see is that Jung didn't go gallivanting around the world looking for the evidence needed to support his theory.
    I'm not just talking about Psychological Types, but his ideas as a whole. It seemed like he had been working a lot of philosophy out from a more detached point, from an early age. "The years when I was pursuing my inner images were the most important of my life - in them, everything essential was decided. It all began then; the later details were only supplements and clarifications of the material that burst forth from the unconscious, and at first, swamped me. It was the prima materia for a life's work." Memories, Dreams, and Reflections pg 225 (hey look, a citation. I'm getting better at this).

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

As I said, it's beyond the scope of this forum to truly make a case for it. But from what I have gathered, it's very possible that Jung was istp, probably 5. What Jung accomplished in his life and how he went about it, could very well be a result of istp. I would say the same thing about intp.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm not just talking about Psychological Types, but his ideas as a whole. It seemed like he had been working a lot of philosophy out from a more detached point, from an early age. "The years when I was pursuing my inner images were the most important of my life - in them, everything essential was decided. It all began then; the later details were only supplements and clarifications of the material that burst forth from the unconscious, and at first, swamped me. It was the prima materia for a life's work." Memories, Dreams, and Reflections pg 225 (hey look, a citation. I'm getting better at this).
    I was hoping you would mention this. That is an important trait to keep in mind when determining this type. The theory suddenly bursts forth into consciousness from the unconscious mind like an inspiration from heaven. It is not INTP with the Ne function but INTJ with the Ni function.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I was hoping you would mention this. That is an important trait to keep in mind when determining this type. The theory suddenly bursts forth into consciousness from the unconscious mind like an inspiration from heaven. It is not INTP with the Ne function but INTJ with the Ni function.