User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That's different. But she wanted it to be used for career decision-making. I agree that it doesn't have to lock me into a set of similar professions. It's just a method for helping decide on a general career path that's been blown way out of proportion.
    Fair enough.

That said, I don't think Jung is ISTP either. I could be wrong, but didn't he say himself that he identified with Ni (or whatever the German word for it is) and some Thinking process? I would assume INTJ. I don't think many in Socionics would type him SLI/ISTp either. But there are some intellectuals typed as ISTp sometimes.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Fair enough.

That said, I don't think Jung is ISTP either. I could be wrong, but didn't he say himself that identified with Ni (or whatever the German word for it is) and some Thinking process? I would assume INTJ. I don't think many in Socionics would type him SLI/ISTp either. But there are some intellectuals typed as ISTp sometimes.
    I don't know if he typed himself as Ni, but it would sure help greatly to have a cite to that effect.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I don't know if he typed himself as Ni, but it would sure help greatly to have a cite to that effect.
    I suck with citations. lol. I know that he used two words for Intuition. Einfall and Anfang. Einfall is Ne... I think it was sort of compared to rain pouring down (an external act), while Anfang was the more detached, mystical, introverted Intuition. I thought he identified with Anfang.

Ginkgo

It might make a little sense, but people aren't gimped just because of a type. We're all human beings, first and foremost.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    yay.

Whenever it comes time for these conversations, someone always brings up the OBVIOUS. Unfortunately, we're typing personalities, and in fact, you could say that about typing your pets.

"My pet isn't an ISTJ, my pet is first, and foremost - A DOG."

Well isn't that wonderful. yay.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ok. Now that we've established the fact that we're dealing with humans first and foremost, the topic is really not about humans or their personalities or any other red herrings, but typological nomenclature.

So what if Socionics uses VI. It's more than that, it's a huge complex system. And it is right to call me an INTj and not an INTP.

Ginkgo

yay.

Whenever it comes time for these conversations, someone always brings up the OBVIOUS. Unfortunately, we're typing personalities, and in fact, you could say that about typing your pets.

"My pet isn't an ISTJ, my pet is first, and foremost - A DOG."

Well isn't that wonderful. yay.
    I don't think it's obvious to some what a human being really is.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I don't think it's obvious to some what a human being really is.
    Sometimes it is questionable whether or not a thread on this forum can stay on topic for more than 3 pages.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Fe is another function botched by MBTI.. it always seems to be associated with "groupthink" or status quo morality.

In Socionics, Fe is accomodating, but it's more about visible intensity, expressiveness, effusiveness, and in some cases, theatrics.
    These are all ways Fe may manifest in a person, according to the Jungian description and IMO. The problem is when these systems focus on one or a few ways it manifests & ignores the core thinking behind it, because there are always several ways it can manifest. A mindset which is about affecting the "object" (other people, the emotional atmosphere, etc) & adapting to the object in order to create & promote values is Fe, whether the person is theatrical or polite. It all boils down to externalizing values so as to keep them connected to the object, which is reality for the person.

But when you get to Fi, Socionics loses any resemblance to Jung's definition, because it also paints an outward focus, and it starts sounding like Fe in an introvert (a Fe-aux), not a Fi-dom.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    These are all ways Fe may manifest in a person, according to the Jungian description and IMO. The problem is when these systems focus on one or a few ways it manifests & ignores the core thinking behind it, because there are always several ways it can manifest. A mindset which is about affecting the "object" (other people, the emotional atmosphere, etc) & adapting to the object in order to create & promote values is Fe, whether the person is theatrical or polite. It all boils down to externalizing values so as to keep them connected to the object, which is reality for the person.

But when you get to Fi, Socionics loses any resemblance to Jung's definition, because it also paints an outward focus, and it starts sounding like Fe in an introvert (a Fe-aux), not a Fi-dom.
    That resemblance has already been lost.

Do you mean this Socionics description of the Fi? "Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship."