First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    I'd say that Jung is a an LII-INTj in Socionics. Because we mention all 8 IM elements, he can lead with Ti but still have strong Ni. He just won't value it. He's very much an Intuitive type though, very much in the abstract world and nowhere near as volitional as an LSI-ISTj.
    This is actually one example where Socionics almost makes more sense than MBTI ;p

Almost, um, because those NiTi and TiNi people often seem to think they value both these functions in Socionics. LII clearly wouldn't. It's either some confusion about the meaning of what a valued function is or Socionics fails to model these people accurately enough

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    This is actually one example where Socionics almost makes more sense than MBTI ;p

Almost, um, because those NiTi and TiNi people often seem to think they value both these functions in Socionics. LII clearly wouldn't. It's either some confusion about the meaning of what a valued function is or Socionics fails to model these people accurately enough
    Basically, when Ni is that strong, you're going to see a lot of it in a person. For instance, I use a lot of Te but I don't value it in the slightest. I don't use it for its own sake. However, if it isn't valued, that person will not deliberately focus on Ni for its own sake, instead abusing it to serve Ti. Indeed Jung did things for the sake of Ti... attempting to classify and clarify things to a theoretical order. If you look at ILIs they actually use strong Ti to take apart systems and cast doubt on theory.

If you look at quotes he made, you'll see this clear Ti focus:

Carl Jung - "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Basically, when Ni is that strong, you're going to see a lot of it in a person. For instance, I use a lot of Te but I don't value it in the slightest. I don't use it for its own sake. However, if it isn't valued, that person will not deliberately focus on Ni for its own sake, instead abusing it to serve Ti. Indeed Jung did things for the sake of Ti... attempting to classify and clarify things to a theoretical order. If you look at ILIs they actually use strong Ti to take apart systems and cast doubt on theory.

If you look at quotes he made, you'll see this clear Ti focus:

Carl Jung - "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
    Ah, well, I see what you mean. Btw I relate to ILI's use of Ti here :o At least on the surface Because I like to do that stuff with taking apart ideas a lot to criticize them. But I enjoyed some of Jung's writings because I liked the way he was writing about his theory. Can't say if that was the Ni or the Ti that I liked I also really like the quote that you quoted from him here. His more esoteric stuff I wasn't really willing to read, though. Would you still classify those as Ti?

It would be interesting to see if those NiTi/TiNi people can all relate to abusing one of these two for the purposes of the other.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Ah, well, I see what you mean. Btw I relate to ILI's use of Ti here :o At least on the surface Because I like to do that stuff with taking apart ideas a lot to criticize them. But I enjoyed some of Jung's writings because I liked the way he was writing about his theory. Can't say if that was the Ni or the Ti that I liked I also really like the quote that you quoted from him here. His more esoteric stuff I wasn't really willing to read, though. Would you still classify those as Ti?

It would be interesting to see if those NiTi/TiNi people can all relate to abusing one of these two for the purposes of the other.

Jung's main approach to things was Ti. When it comes to Ni, it's not necessarily about being esoteric so much as understanding the flow of events from the past through to the future. I think Jung's main purpose was to classify to categorise something very very abstract.

It would be interesting!

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Jung's main approach to things was Ti. When it comes to Ni, it's not necessarily about being esoteric so much as understanding the flow of events from the past through to the future. I think Jung's main purpose was to classify to categorise something very very abstract.
    I see. So, I'll say this, I didn't read those more esoteric books of his, but if you did, can you tell me if he's still doing this sort of categorising in them?

It would be interesting!
    Well, how about you go around, find some of these people and test them. :P

Btw that PhD you talked about, when are you going to get there?

MBTI
    INFJ

This is merely conjecture but from what I gather you can only tell what a person is used to feeling via lines that form on the face a time passes. It may be fair to say that Introverts (Or NF's)tend to have hooded lids due to excessive daydreaming/thinking. but beyond that I can't really say what emotions certain types are prone to, which makes the theory... fluffy, at best. :|
    I offer understanding, help and basic human decency, in exchange all I ask is to be accepted.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

I see. So, I'll say this, I didn't read those more esoteric books of his, but if you did, can you tell me if he's still doing this sort of categorising in them?
    I haven't read up on the archetypes properly.

Btw that PhD you talked about, when are you going to get there?
    Not for a few years.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Not for a few years.
    Well good luck anyway when you do get there

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Not for a few years.
    Well good luck anyway when you do get there

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Such confusion has arisen from this function talk that even an intellectual such as Carl Jung is considered by some - an ISTP, as if he were some motorcycle mechanic or something.
    Jung was not a motorcycle mechanic, he was a people mechanic. Lock an ISTP up with motorcycles and he will master them. Lock one up with people and you get the same result.

INTP: pure theory, ISTP: applied theory. Guess which one more frequently makes useful contributions to society?

<3