User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like socionics for the spin it puts on relationships. It explains well in terms of the functions how you interact with others and why someone is or isn't compatible with you. Socionics also talks about quadras. People in your quadra value similar functions and tend to be easier to get along with. Socionics seems to go more in depth with MBTI regading types. There are various subtype theories floating around in socionics, something I haven't seen with MBTI. Socionics puts more emphasis on visual identification of someone's type. I have mixed feelings about VI, I don't think it should solely be used as a typing method but I do think that certain types are more inclined to give certain facial expressions or body movements, which can be a clue.

Both theories use functions and explain the role of each one in the personality structure. Their approaches are different, not sure which one I like better, but I will say I fit INTP nicely in MBTI and INTj/LII in socionics.

MBTI on the other hand is far more widely known as a theory. It's far easier to find people to discuss MBTI than socionics. MBTI is more accessible and easier to grasp. Alot of socionics is in Russian and when its translated to English, the translation is often poor. It's harder to find good, reliable socionics tests.

I'm also active on the socionics forum, the16types.info/vbulletin I enjoy the forum and the discussions the arise there. But since there's not a whole lot of literature out there (at least the stuff that's translated in English), there's alot more speculation and conjecture. Alot of the stuff I read on that forum is quite abstract and hard to grasp without any good, specific examples. There isn't even always a good general consensus on what some of the basic terms even really mean, which adds to the confusion.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't understand Socionics.

And I wish someone would provide a key to unlocking it's mysteries.

I read "Socionics Demystified" by Spencer Stern.

--Still mystified.

Socionics reminds me of Hyper-Calvinism: You either get it or you don't. Making it accessible to ordinary people would only dilute it's purity. :rolli:

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    socionics fail even at type functions -> its crap
    I would have to agree with you on this one. MBTI is alot better, and easier to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    "Delta NF" explains me better than "INFJ or ENFP." Fi and Ne fit me well under Socionics, as does a huge abhorrence for what's considered to be Se under that system.
    Yeah, I like the Se descriptions better. It explains what I abhor about Se as well.

In my experience, and from my perspective, certain Socionics stuff such as the hidden agenda (a minor facet) and type relationships (a major facet) are bollocks.
    That's pretty much true. Looking for the hidden agenda doesn't really matter, but it should be there for the individual. Assuming the theory holds, then when someone is typed correctly, the hidden agenda function is supposed to be an uncontrollable and strong influence that can't really be ignored, but not really aware of, unless seen how they compare to everyone else's function, I think. I have an Si hidden agenda. It manifests as being somewhat sensitive to my environment, in that I have a hard time tuning out noise and movement and get more easily over-stressed and preferring a comfortable setting to work in, almost as a necessity to be productive.

I'm not really sure how they gauge the type relationships. It seems like sometimes they are there, and sometimes they are not. It might require that the two types being considered have to have had some kind of long history together and be somewhat close for it to have its theoretical relevance. This is assuming though that neither type has preemptively systematic understanding of the other to manipulate or make the relationship more easy-going and comfortable.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I read "Socionics Demystified" by Spencer Stern.

--Still mystified.
    This is not a good book he describes everything from his perspective (especially apparent in intertype relations) and uses MBTI definitions of functions (apparent with Si and others)

Did you read his interactions with IEE? He described how befuddled they were with him and how he could dominate them :rolli:

Good books? Dunno. In English, wikisocion.org is probably the best bet.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Good books? Dunno. In English, wikisocion.org is probably the best bet.
    Understanding the People Around You: An Introduction to Socionics (Filatova) is good for beginners but is missing the nuances that more advanced users of socionics look for. It is overall, far better than Socionics Demystified.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... I did the socionics test, and liked how it was built, but the socionics description of me seemed to pull some of the stuff from thin air, and when I read it assume how my body looks like I left.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Yeah, I like the Se descriptions better. It explains what I abhor about Se as well.
    Yeah... On the other hand, one should not project it on to MBTI. Many ISFPs and ISTPs are Si in socionics.. And many Socionics SLEs aren't even ESTPs. They're a mix of MBTI types. In MBTI, a lot of types who impose their wills on to people and don't know what effect their having on others are Te. In Socionics, that behavior is Se. This chart goes to show how confusing it is.. even INTJs could be Socionics SLE.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Socionics seems inconsistent, and there is just alot of unnecessary bs in the system as well. Not a fan.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I think for analyzing other people: ie you can't read their thoughts... Then oh keirsey is legitamite. At least his system fully admits and predicates on outward actions.

Mbti, functions and socion rely on analyzing motives and thoughts so much hat they are only useful for self analysis. I like functional analysis within a traditional mbti
    framework for self analysis.

For self improvement I think he most useful has been seein enneagram as the bad side of urself to overcome, and then te mbti type is the actual self to actualize.... Works for me!