• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics type descriptions

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone know some good descriptions of Socionics types? Link in pls :)

The wikisocion ones are waaaay long and my attention span doesn't appreciate that.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Be advised, Socionics started in the Russian-speaking world. As a consequence, most Socionics experts write their descriptions in Russian. Socionics in the English-speaking world is mostly limited to the internet, leading most English type descriptions to be written by the average Joe, not necessarily someone truly educated in Socionics.

That being said, while there are some descriptions missing, I find this site to have the most accurate descriptions:
Socionic Types

There's a decent translation of SHORT profiles of the types and their subtypes here:
Full type and subtype descriptions by V. Meged & A. Ovcharov - the16types.info Socionics Forums

As a slight side measure, I've made a table below for the various names of types, their first two (ego) functions, and their respective quadras (quadra being the the most prominent grouping in Socionics):

Alpha Quadra:
ILE - Intuitive Logical Extratim - ENTp (Ne-Ti)
SEI - Sensing Ethical Introtim - ISFp (Si-Fe)
ESE - Ethical Sensing Extratim - ESFj (Fe-Si)
LII - Logical Intuitive Introtim - INTj (Ti-Ne)

Beta Quadra:
IEI - Intuitive Ethical Introtim - INFp (Ni-Fe)
SLE - Sensing Logical Entrotim - ISTj (Se-Ti)
EIE - Ethical Intuitive Extratim - ENFj (Fe-Ni)
LSI - Logical Sensing Introtim - ISTj (Ti-Se)

Gamma Quadra:
ILI - Intuitive Logical Introtim - INTp (Ni-Te)
SEE - Sensing Ethical Extratim - ESFp (Se-Fi)
ESI - Ethical Sensing Introtim - ISFj (Fi-Se)
LIE - Logical Intuitive Extratim - ENTJ (Te-Ni)

Delta Quadra:
IEE - Intuitive Ethical Extratim - ENFp (Ne-Fi)
SLI - Sensing Logical Introtim - ISTp (Si-Te)
EII - Ethical Intuitive Introtim - INFj (Fi-Ne)
LSE - Logical Sensing Extratim - ESTj (Te-Si)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the second link!

Thought I might share this bit:

"Intuitive subtype appears by the calm, tactful, sluggish, uncertain of itself person. It seems torn from the reality, inert and little fitted out to the life. But this impression is erroneous, since it possesses the excellent intuition, which helps to it to establish useful connections and to find support in men of weight."

Spot-on. I'm what you would call a fat people magnet.