User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    Yeah, you were correct in your thinking, but it was just a typo, sorry just trying to point it out for people who are unaware of the differences as much as you or I.

    Just out of curiosity, who do you find fits the bill more? ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP?
    The ENFP. It gave me the most rational explanation as to why it fit my type. In experience, I don't know.
    This is the explanation that I found makes sense the most http://personalitypage.com/partners.html
    INTJ's dominant function of Introverted Intuition is best matched with a partner whose personality is dominated by Extraverted Intuition.

  2. #32
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Lol a lot of introverts stay their type, and there are some where J and P switch, and some people are just different. It's a different system, it should be treated that way. I know 3 INFPs pretty well on this site, two are IEI, one is EII, the differences are apparent within them, so yeah, it's not a definite switch.

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Who is "they" and why do they say this?

    Because that's completely ridiculous.

    If you're that determined to miss the point that many times in a row, I'm not sure I can help you. Good luck.
    What you say about keeping J and P is pretty subjective as to what someone will want... neither of you are correct. I personally want a J.

    He wasn't missing the point, he thought you were missing the point. Who cares, being right won't accomplish a damn thing for anyone.

    It's also of my opinion that the socionics relationships are dead on accurate, you just have to actually read into it and not just read the on the surface description of it. You have to understand exactly why, and when you get to the root of this you can see consistencies, it's based on how the functions within people interact and clash. It works for me, if it doesn't work for you, fine.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    We are not saying these are definite, we are talking within the confines of the personality system and what they recommend. Of course everyone is different and looking for different things.


    If you are really close on the P/J scale maybe you want a different one. If you are really extreme maybe you want the same, or a different. There are so many combinations it is endless, but if we don't abstract a bit of info for the sake of easy communication we will be typing for hours.

  4. #34
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    You should come out as the same type in either system. The descriptions in socionics just flesh out/add dimension what mbti's already said.

    I also don't understand why some users here flip out whenever it's brought up.

    thinking of you

  5. #35
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I also don't understand why some users here flip out whenever it's brought up.
    I've noticed that people unconsciously attach MBTI type to their personal identity, and when anything wants to change that or challenge it's accuracy (in this context meaning they flip out over socionics perhaps being more accurate), then they flip out or get very aggressive over it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Well the reason for the flip is because the function order for introverts is different in Socionics. This is not true with extroverts.


    The idea is that since we live in an Extrovert Bias world (75% of people are extroverts) that many introverts have overdeveloped secondary functions due to the fact these secondary functions are extroverted, and naturally get more practice than Extroverts secondary functions (extroverts can frequently have overdeveloped primary functions). This along with the personal nature of introversion can cause some introverts to feel MBTI didn't quite work. Socionics changed things around a bit, and as such, some introverts type differently.

  7. #37
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    Well the reason for the flip is because the function order for introverts is different in Socionics. This is not true with extroverts.
    Uh, that isn't the reason. Lol. Some people just relate to one or the other... there are EII and IEI INFPs, LII and ILI INTPs etc. It's all a matter of what works for you. But what we've all been saying thus far is that even though the functions are different it still explains the type well, so it's not an auto swap.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #38
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Uh, that isn't the reason. Lol. Some people just relate to one or the other... there are EII and IEI INFPs, LII and ILI INTPs etc. It's all a matter of what works for you. But what we've all been saying thus far is that even though the functions are different it still explains the type well, so it's not an auto swap.
    Each of our socionics condos comes with a two-car garage, ya know.

    thinking of you

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Uh, that isn't the reason. Lol. Some people just relate to one or the other... there are EII and IEI INFPs, LII and ILI INTPs etc. It's all a matter of what works for you. But what we've all been saying thus far is that even though the functions are different it still explains the type well, so it's not an auto swap.


    No what I mean is YOU won't flip, but the INTJ or INTP will. When we talk about these personality types I am assuming we are referring to them within their system. What I mean is a MBTI INTJ CAN be a Socionics INTP OR INTJ.

    However

    The order is reversed from MBTI to Socionics. This doesn't mean you are flipped, it just helps introverts find where they fit most comfortably if they don't like one or the other.

    There is no such thing as an auto swap, you pick what you feel fits best, it is a personal decision. But when you talk WITHIN the framework of the personality system, then it swaps. When you compare ISFP MBTI (Introverted Feeling, Extroverted Sensing) to Socionics ISFP (Introverted Sensing, Extroverted Feeling) you have a swap. It doesn't mean the person who reads it is swapped. You gotta read both and decide.

    As an ISFP do you think you use Introverted feeling more? If yes, then in Socionics you are ISFJ. If you say "No I use Introverted Sensing more" then you are a ISFP in Socionics, and perhaps MBTI doesn't explain you as well. Or maybe both fit and you are somewhere in between. I am not trying to box people in, quite the opposite, this can liberate your mind because it gives other ways to think about the issue.

  10. #40
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Functions are defined differently in Socionics. Therefore, the differences of function orders in those two separate systems don't matter.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-24-2017, 08:17 AM
  2. Thinking of doing Astrology readings for MBTI enthusiasts
    By Eluded_One in forum Other Personality Systems
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 06:51 PM
  3. Book List - Good Books to Read on MBTI, Socionics, Ennegram, Crossovers, Other
    By TopherRed in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 10:47 AM
  4. Superlatives for MBTI types
    By alcea rosea in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 05:32 PM
  5. Collective Nouns for MBTI Types
    By JivinJeffJones in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO