User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

No, no. Socionics is more about the social aspects. It's to do with relationships. But I'm not yet fully sure if I can trust it though. You see, according to socionics the ideal partner for an INTJ is an ESFP while in MBTI we can say it's an ENFP. In socionics it says that INTJs and ENFPs have a not so good relationship. And it's also different for all other personality types.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    No, no. Socionics is more about the social aspects. It's to do with relationships. But I'm not yet fully sure if I can trust it though. You see, according to socionics the ideal partner for an INTJ is an ESFP while in MBTI we can say it's an ENFP. In socionics it says that INTJs and ENFPs have a not so good relationship. And it's also different for all other personality types.

First of all in Socionics the ideal partner for INTJ is ESFJ, not ESFP. Also, socionics claims that INTJ/ENFP is good for medium distances, but doesn't say it isn't good.

To my knowledge I think both can be right.

Either different/different/different/same

or different/same/different/different

Example

ENFP

ISTP

or

ENFP

INTJ

That said, many people I know pair up in successful marriages and fit the socionics "duality" relationship. I thought MBTI acknowledged both of the examples I gave (but I could be wrong) but clearly socionics only acknowledges the latter.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

i agree with INTJ123, it sucks

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    First of all in Socionics the ideal partner for INTJ is ESFJ, not ESFP. Also, socionics claims that INTJ/ENFP is good for medium distances, but doesn't say it isn't good.

To my knowledge I think both can be right.

Either different/different/different/same

or different/same/different/different

Example

ENFP

ISTP

or

ENFP

INTJ

That said, many people I know pair up in successful marriages and fit the socionics "duality" relationship. I thought MBTI acknowledged both of the examples I gave (but I could be wrong) but clearly socionics only acknowledges the latter.
    No according to socionics an INTJ can either be an INTj or INTp and in that sense I'm an INTp.

INTj - ENFp = "supervisor" - "supervisee"
    INTp - ENFp = Illusionary relations

None of which are good.

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

Unsure about being T or F -> you are Socionics XXXp
    Unsure about being S or N -> you are Socionics XXXj

Extroverts
    MBTI system Socionics system
    ENFJ --------------------ENFj
    ENTJ --------------------ENTj
    ENFP --------------------ENFp
    ENTP --------------------ENTp
    ESFJ --------------------ESFj
    ESTJ --------------------ESTj
    ESFP --------------------ESFp
    ESTP --------------------ESTp

Introverts
    MBTI system Socionics system
    INFJ --------------------INFx
    INTJ --------------------INTx
    INFP --------------------INFx
    INTP --------------------INTx
    ISFJ --------------------ISFx
    ISTJ --------------------ISTx
    ISFP --------------------ISFx
    ISTP --------------------ISTx
    How to convert MBTI® type to Socionics type

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Yes, "according to Socionics..." allows us to inject all kinds of bullshit, doesn't it?

It's the same shit. Of course their test results will vary a little, but you'll still be missing the point if you don't get that psychological type can't really actually be tested.

So I'm sure some people test INTp in socionics and INTJ in MBTI, and also some people test INTp in socionics and INTP in MBTI--but it doesn't matter, because both systems are the same repackaged concepts with different labels on them (just like Big 5 and all the rest...no matter what the haters say.) Self-report evaluations are only as accurate as you are capable of being honest with yourself about yourself.

Deciding that you're going to use a different system to label your tupperware doesn't actually change the food inside it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ It's not that. It's the fact that the ideal matches are very different to MBTI.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

...you're placing stock in that?

K nevermind, you're right. Find yourself a nice ESFJ and live it up, because you'll obviously never be totally happy with anyone who doesn't fall into that narrow category.

In my own experience, you'll work best with people who share your life attitude about whether internal or external organization is a higher priority. (In MBTI terms, this means someone with the same last letter P/J as you.) But however any given system of typology chooses to assign letters to express this principle is of no importance; the principle itself is there and does not change from system to system.

So the letters assigned to you by these nonsensical "tests" are pretty irrelevant. They're about as "accurate" as taking little online quiz memes to tell you what kind of movies you like--again, only as accurate as you are honest with yourself. That's very important to remember--you should not be choosing life-long mates based on results from such an obviously flawed and incomplete testing system. The only way to truly know someone's type is to get to know that person intimately, and by that point you'll already know if you're compatible with him/her or not, "test results" be damned.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ you say it's all the same. I'm saying, YEA! but socionics is to do with the social aspects of personalities. And I was telling the guy I'm an INTp not INTj so it's the ESFp combination. I'm not sure if I trust socionics in the relationship aspects is what I was saying at first.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ you say it's all the same. I'm saying, YEA! but socionics is to do with the social aspects of personalities. And I was telling the guy I'm an INTp not INTj so it's the ESFp combination. I'm not sure if I trust socionics in the relationship aspects is what I was saying at first.
    Right, it's just that those claims of good/bad relationship pairings are so brutally inaccurate in real life that your question is totally irrelevant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

HAHA, No! How to put it? Socionics comes to a different conclusion on relationship matters than MBTI therefore one must be inaccurate so one is not as trustworthy.