• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Costrin explores Socionics!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lauren - have you ever tried dating one? You might be pleasantly surprised. My work self is a world of difference away from my relationship self. And ESTJs are surprisingly... sweet.

Such a situation has never arised. However, I've seen ESTJs in relationships and...let's just say that's not what I'd appreciate in a relationship, generally :)

Synthetic Darkness

Change of topic :)

I got ILE

ILE - Intuitive Logical Extratim
"Seeker"

Primary type message:
Searching for the unknown and spreading knowledge.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got IEE, the "psychologist" using the same test as you SD. ILE definitely fits me better than IEE though, I've been realizing more an more that it almost fits me perfectly, just about every single trait. I'm more sure of my enneagram and socionics type than my MBTI type, it might have something to do with Typoc :laugh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I got

IEE (mbti ENFP)
ILE (mbti ENTP)
EIE (mbti ENFJ)
IEI (mbti INFJ)

First Socionics test I ever took. I'm interested in reading the type descriptions to see how much I relate VS mbti.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Change of topic :)

I got ILE

ILE - Intuitive Logical Extratim
"Seeker"

Primary type message:
Searching for the unknown and spreading knowledge.
Well, you're one of those lucky individuals that have the "same" MBTI and Socionics type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LII in socionics, the more I've read of the system, the more I think it is "better" however that's just a thinking bias, because the structure of the system seems far more complete.

I actually relate more to, and am more accurately described by, the LII type than the MBTI INTP, if that makes any sense.

I feel this way precisely. It's just... taking in the theory of socionics as a whole is difficult, and I already have MBTI to use as a tool for people in my life which is accurate and useful.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I tested ILI/INTp

Observer/Critic

Chloe

i got IEE, then ILE, then EIE... SEE. but IEE fits perfectly, much better than mbti's ENFP description.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
So I was reading up on the LIE type, and it really doesn't describe me much. I read up on the ILE type (which was my second most-likely according to the test), and it really got me spot-on. So, I think I'm going with ILE.

I thought that Socionics wasn't supposed to directly correllate to MBTI though? If so, does it make sense for me to be an ENTP in both MBTI and Socionics? I actually think that the ILE profile on the wiki Costrin posted was a much better description of how I am than most ENTP descriptions I've read.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, I got EIE, another likely choice is EII. Anyway, the description of EIE had some great descriptors that I really identified with...serious, yet goofy.:yes:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
AHA! So I have finally settled once and for all on LII for my type. Now to tie up a few loose ends and I have solved Socionics.

Jaguar

I thought that Socionics wasn't supposed to directly correllate to MBTI though? If so, does it make sense for me to be an ENTP in both MBTI and Socionics? I actually think that the ILE profile on the wiki Costrin posted was a much better description of how I am than most ENTP descriptions I've read.

I read that as well.
But I got Socionics LIE and MBTI ENTJ.

I prefer my LIE description at Wikisocion.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a fan of Socionics, but not a fan of the Western hemisphere Socionics community (which is mostly online). Socionics really nails it with regard to intertype relations, which I have found to be very useful . Unfortunately, the Socionics community seems to focus on duality to the exclusion of all the other relationships.

I am EII, happy Delta. I especially like the concept of quadras.

An ILE in Socionics is Dominant extraverted intuition, Secondary (creative) introverted thinking. This is the same function ordering as an ENTP in MBTI.

But there are a lot of differences between the two typology systems. For one thing, I personally don't think introverted sensing or extraverted sensing are the same in Socionics as they are in MBTI.

I am curious about all of the MBTI INFJs who are identifying themselves as EIIs. You are dominant introverted feelers? The differences between Socionics introverted ethics and MBTI introverted feeling aren't that vast.

All of the INFJs I have known would fit far more in Beta quadra than in Delta quadra. They always seem to value and utilize emotional expressiveness. I am not casting doubt on anyone's self-typing though. For example, my father is an MBTI ISFP and a Socionics ISFp (imo, due to key differences between the way sensing functions operate in MBTI and the way the corresponding information elements are used in Socionics).

G

garbage

Too bad I wasn't around for this thread

I'm ILE. I'm a much more clear-cut ILE than ENTP.

My SO is my dual (SEI), my boss is my benefactor (LSE), my dad is my identity (ILE), my mother is both my and my dad's conflictor (ESI), a very good longtime friend is kindred (IEE), and another friend of mine eerily fits the beneficiary role (EIE).

My seemingly-argumentative brother is my quasi-identical (LIE). Our debates go around in circles; for example, the fact that I simply prioritize different factors of a given problem seems to be incomprehensible to him.

I could never quite figure out why my last relationship, with my mirror (LII), felt so lacking to me, but it just was; reading that description made a whole lot of sense.

I can definitely see how these and other relationships have played out as they're "supposed" to.