• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Costrin explores Socionics!

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
LIE

Did I win?

LIE Your result

These types might also be considered
ILE
EIE
IEE

EDIT: Weird how LIE corresponds to ENTJ on MBTI apparently. I'm definitely no ENTJ.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Heh, I'm around 5x as confident of my identity as an LII (INTj) than I am of my identity as an INTP. This is due to my knowledge of how I use my functions, which makes a Socionics typing easier. Socionics looks at the types as the unique interaction of the functions that comprise it, while MBTI looks first at the 4-letter combination that makes up a type. (Of course, there are complementary function theories for MBTI.) I've always looked at typing by functions to be easier than typing my S/N, T/F, etc.

deleted
Actually, I don't think Lauren Ashley is EII, unless she'll admit she gets along well with LSEs. (to who's inquiry that she really knows what the LSE type is all about, nonetheless EII)

Obviously I read about your research of socionics, I was having a discussion with you. Who's to say you weren't just reading some amateur profiles? which you probably have. I think everyone here has done so. I have personally had extended conversations with the people who write those profiles, and they aren't any more certified on the subject than I am. If you knew the purpose of socionics however, you would realize the catching up you need to do.

I'm aware this is an MBTI forum. So the person behind the questioning will typically be right, by default experience.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I don't think Lauren Ashley is EII, unless she'll admit she gets along well with LSEs. (to who's inquiry that she really knows what the LSE type is all about, nonetheless EII)
...since when did you become Grand Master of Socionics? I doubt you can tell a person's personality so clearly online, especially if you've never spoken to them personally. Actually, I'm sure you can't since I am indeed EII. Nice try. Stringent guidelines like always getting along with your dual are one of the reasons why some aren't too fond of Socionics.

Obviously I read about your research of socionics, I was having a discussion with you. Who's to say you weren't just reading some amateur profiles? which you probably have. I think everyone here has done so. I have personally had extended conversations with the people who write those profiles, and they aren't any more certified on the subject than I am.

Who is this addressed to?

deleted
Stringent guidelines like always getting along with your dual are one of the reasons why some aren't too fond of Socionics.

I'd be happy to know if you're not too fond of socionics. After all, it makes sense if you're not. I promise I won't pester you any more if you tell me why you can't dig the system.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I don't care much about Socionics, either way. It's a tool just as MBTI is.

wolfy

awsm
I got
SEE Your result

These types might also be considered
ESE
SEI
SLE

I think I'm SEI.

deleted
I don't care much about Socionics, either way.

That's a good enough reason not to discuss it. To be fair, your simplified subjectivist approach is far more useful to you than some objective approach, seeing as though you can't really dig it.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a good enough reason not to discuss it. To be fair, your simplified subjectivist approach is far more useful to you than some objective approach, seeing as though you can't really dig it.

Look, you're taking this a bit too seriously. I know my type. It is EII. That's pretty much all I stated before you brought my name into this discussion.

But I'm a bit tired of your overzealous "Socionics is completely different from MBTI" preaching, so you can have the last word.

deleted
Look, you're taking this a bit too seriously. I know my type. It is EII. That's pretty much all I stated before you brought my name into this discussion.

I can't really say anything at this point. The evidence you have does not match the evidence utilized by the theory.

But I'm a bit tired of your overzealous "Socionics is completely different from MBTI" preaching, so you can have the last word.

Don't treat me like your passive husband just yet. I know what I do, and it's nothing about socionics being 'completely different.' I perhaps like to remind people of the differences, and when they say something I don't agree with. It's not like I don't let people think for themselves like I just said I'd let you do.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't really say anything at this point. The evidence you have does not match the evidence utilized by the theory.

Hmmm...last question, actually. What evidence do I have? I've never spoken to you about Socionics besides in this thread and one other. You're trying to come across as "le expert," and to be quite honest, it's looking like BS.

deleted
Hmmm...last question, actually. What evidence do I have? I've never spoken to you about Socionics besides in this thread and one other. You're trying to come across as "le expert," and to be quite honest, it's looking like BS.

I don't understand. You're pressing forth your miniscule qualms and I'm trying to make what I can out of them. So far there is no collaboration going on, so why are you interested in questioning me? Maybe I act great in this realm of theory because I expect someone far more interesting and qualified to put me in my place, never the less teach me something. However the perception of my faked "greatness" is something you wish to exploit, because you are afraid others won't catch on? You need a lesson in willpower. (sarcasm, FYI)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
LII in socionics, the more I've read of the system, the more I think it is "better" however that's just a thinking bias, because the structure of the system seems far more complete.

I actually relate more to, and am more accurately described by, the LII type than the MBTI INTP, if that makes any sense.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't understand. You're pressing forth your miniscule qualms and I'm trying to make what I can out of them. So far there is no collaboration going on, so why are you interested in questioning me? Maybe I act great in this realm of theory because I expect someone far more interesting and qualified to put me in my place, never the less teach me something. However the perception of my faked "greatness" is something you wish to exploit, because you are afraid others won't catch on? You need a lesson in willpower. (sarcasm, FYI)

I'm far more interesting and qualified than you and I will certainly put you in your place. And I will teach you something, since you asked so graciously: Lauren is EII and you are an ASS.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Stringent guidelines like always getting along with your dual are one of the reasons why some aren't too fond of Socionics.

It must be stringent, since it's what socionics is based upon (i.e. the idea of duality). All the other assumptions can be easily relaxed, however this one must hold true for your type to be "right". Of course, there's also the possibility that the supposed duals have been typed wrong. I'm not questioning your self-typing, just saying that you gotta get along with your duals (not ALL of them, but most at least).

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It must be stringent, since it's what socionics is based upon (i.e. the idea of duality). All the other assumptions can be easily relaxed, however this one must hold true for your type to be "right". Of course, there's also the possibility that the supposed duals have been typed wrong.
I can work fine with ESTjs/LSEs in any other situation but I can not see myself in a romantic relationship with them.

Also, there is life experience and just individual personality quirks. Type is not the end all, be all.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No I want you to take the cookie and be happy.

Now, is that really what you want? nvm.

Lauren - have you ever tried dating one? You might be pleasantly surprised. My work self is a world of difference away from my relationship self. And ESTJs are surprisingly... sweet.