User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENTP

So I was reading up on the LIE type, and it really doesn't describe me much. I read up on the ILE type (which was my second most-likely according to the test), and it really got me spot-on. So, I think I'm going with ILE.

I thought that Socionics wasn't supposed to directly correllate to MBTI though? If so, does it make sense for me to be an ENTP in both MBTI and Socionics? I actually think that the ILE profile on the wiki Costrin posted was a much better description of how I am than most ENTP descriptions I've read.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Hmm, I got EIE, another likely choice is EII. Anyway, the description of EIE had some great descriptors that I really identified with...serious, yet goofy.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

AHA! So I have finally settled once and for all on LII for my type. Now to tie up a few loose ends and I have solved Socionics.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post

I thought that Socionics wasn't supposed to directly correllate to MBTI though? If so, does it make sense for me to be an ENTP in both MBTI and Socionics? I actually think that the ILE profile on the wiki Costrin posted was a much better description of how I am than most ENTP descriptions I've read.
    I read that as well.
    But I got Socionics LIE and MBTI ENTJ.

I prefer my LIE description at Wikisocion.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm a fan of Socionics, but not a fan of the Western hemisphere Socionics community (which is mostly online). Socionics really nails it with regard to intertype relations, which I have found to be very useful . Unfortunately, the Socionics community seems to focus on duality to the exclusion of all the other relationships.

I am EII, happy Delta. I especially like the concept of quadras.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    An ILE in Socionics is Dominant extraverted intuition, Secondary (creative) introverted thinking. This is the same function ordering as an ENTP in MBTI.

But there are a lot of differences between the two typology systems. For one thing, I personally don't think introverted sensing or extraverted sensing are the same in Socionics as they are in MBTI.

I am curious about all of the MBTI INFJs who are identifying themselves as EIIs. You are dominant introverted feelers? The differences between Socionics introverted ethics and MBTI introverted feeling aren't that vast.

All of the INFJs I have known would fit far more in Beta quadra than in Delta quadra. They always seem to value and utilize emotional expressiveness. I am not casting doubt on anyone's self-typing though. For example, my father is an MBTI ISFP and a Socionics ISFp (imo, due to key differences between the way sensing functions operate in MBTI and the way the corresponding information elements are used in Socionics).

garbage

Too bad I wasn't around for this thread

I'm ILE. I'm a much more clear-cut ILE than ENTP.

My SO is my dual (SEI), my boss is my benefactor (LSE), my dad is my identity (ILE), my mother is both my and my dad's conflictor (ESI), a very good longtime friend is kindred (IEE), and another friend of mine eerily fits the beneficiary role (EIE).

My seemingly-argumentative brother is my quasi-identical (LIE). Our debates go around in circles; for example, the fact that I simply prioritize different factors of a given problem seems to be incomprehensible to him.

I could never quite figure out why my last relationship, with my mirror (LII), felt so lacking to me, but it just was; reading that description made a whole lot of sense.

I can definitely see how these and other relationships have played out as they're "supposed" to.