• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Determining Socionics type from MBTI type

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
This article seems to make a lot of sense.

How to convert MBTI® type to Socionics type

basically it says that E types are, in general, the same in both MBTI and socionics.

Introverts are typically confused, so the best way to convert your MBTI type to your socionics type (besides actually doing research) is by figuring out which of T/F or S/N you are more unsure of.

For example an INTP unsure of his T and very sure of his N is most likely to be INTp because INTp is dominant Ni. If another INTP is unsure of his N and sure of his T, then they are most likely an INTj because INTj is Ti dominant.

According to socionics, the second function is situational, so it is not always active, while the dominant is almost always active. This would create the uncertainty in the second function.

Another reason why I look down on MBTI when compared to socionics. After months of analysis I am definitely INTP (dominant T) yet I still questioned T from time to time. How does that make sense?

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i'm cofused as to why anyone should have to claim an X in their four letter description if the theory is strong? well that question could make me IXXX and then i would question my own integrity! this internet typology is not very educational. i'm not against it but there seems to be a lot of misinformation spread around if i only read what is on the web! socionics and mbti, mbti and socionics, why don't you two get married or something?

Kungpowish

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
two
i'm cofused as to why anyone should have to claim an X in their four letter description if the theory is strong? well that question could make me IXXX and then i would question my own integrity! this internet typology is not very educational. i'm not against it but there seems to be a lot of misinformation spread around if i only read what is on the web! socionics and mbti, mbti and socionics, why don't you two get married or something?

I think the x's come from over analyzing details personally. The types give tendencies and traits but that doesn't mean someone will never do anything not described by their type. But some people feel that if they ever act outside their type it means either the typing system is wrong or they aren't the type they thought they were. To solve this problem x is introduced. They don't have to face the potential for flaws in the system and they also don't have to choose between two types. It simplifies things and grants freedom without throwing away the system.

In my opinion everyone has a type but sometimes quirks or traits that fall outside their type's usual boundaries sow confusion and doubt.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
For people who aren't very good at systematic thoughts, here's a very very short test that does basically what is shown in OP:

Socionics Test

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For people who aren't very good at systematic thoughts, here's a very very short test that does basically what is shown in OP:

Socionics Test

I thought that was a good test in your link.

It gave me ENTp and the description on another site fit for that type quite well.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This article seems to make a lot of sense.

How to convert MBTI® type to Socionics type

basically it says that E types are, in general, the same in both MBTI and socionics.

Introverts are typically confused, so the best way to convert your MBTI type to your socionics type (besides actually doing research) is by figuring out which of T/F or S/N you are more unsure of.

For example an INTP unsure of his T and very sure of his N is most likely to be INTp because INTp is dominant Ni. If another INTP is unsure of his N and sure of his T, then they are most likely an INTj because INTj is Ti dominant.

According to socionics, the second function is situational, so it is not always active, while the dominant is almost always active. This would create the uncertainty in the second function.

Another reason why I look down on MBTI when compared to socionics. After months of analysis I am definitely INTP (dominant T) yet I still questioned T from time to time. How does that make sense?

Yeah, I've noticed too that extraverts are usually the same in MBTI and socionics. With introverts, it's about a 50/50 chance that their MBTI and socionics types are the same. If they are not the same, it's usually the J/P that's flipped.

I'm an INTP in MBTI and an INTj in socionics. Both types have dominant Ti and auxilary Ne. Yet, the socionics description of INTj sounds more judging than perceiving (in an MBTI sense). But function wise it is consistent.

Then again, I know some MBTI INTPs who identify more with socionics INTp, maybe because they strongly identify with the Ni function?

I'm actually more sure of the N than I am of the T but I still come up INTj in the socionics system. Some socionics followers use subtypes. Some INTjs are the T subtype, others like me are the N subtype. Also, as functions I identify with TiNe more than NiTe. I still score pretty high on INTp though, and it's possible I could actually be that socionics type.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hmm...this is a very interesting article. According to it, I am a Socionics ISTp, yet I can't say that either ISTj or ISTp fit me better than one another. I identify with much of both.

It's interesting to say that as an INTP, you were unsure of your T preference. A little while back, I had a theory that if you were most certain of S/N or T/F, it was your dominant function. This is actually how I reached the conclusion of ISTJ. I was always sure of my introversion and sensing preference, this means that Si is likely my dominant function. I identify with T slighly more than F, so that makes me ISTJ. I wonder if this is erroneous.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
They will usually both correlate the same for introverts and extroverts. An extrovert is just as likely to be different type than an introvert.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm...this is a very interesting article. According to it, I am a Socionics ISTp, yet I can't say that either ISTj or ISTp fit me better than one another. I identify with much of both.

It's interesting to say that as an INTP, you were unsure of your T preference. A little while back, I had a theory that if you were most certain of S/N or T/F, it was your dominant function. This is actually how I reached the conclusion of ISTJ. I was always sure of my introversion and sensing preference, this means that Si is likely my dominant function. I identify with T slighly more than F, so that makes me ISTJ. I wonder if this is erroneous.

Actually, an introverted dominant tends to be very hard to detect, at least to many people. You are so used to it, and it is internal and like second nature. An extraverted auxiliary is not only more visible from being more outward focused; it is also apart of the "parent" complex, where we tend to reach out to others.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Actually, an introverted dominant tends to be very hard to detect, at least to many people. You are so used to it, and it is internal and like second nature. An extraverted auxiliary is not only more visible from being more outward focused; it is also apart of the "parent" complex, where we tend to reach out to others.

Yes, I've actually heard several other people state this before. I wonder just how common it is for someone to be "blind" to their first function.