User Tag List

123 Last

Default Socionics is amazing

I'd always agreed 100% with the socionics relations section but had never read their type descriptions

Just had a look then and the ESTP description is fantastic!

I know a lot of SPs don't like the personality page or keirsey descriptions if you're one of them then maybe give the socionics one a read...

Really gives a lot of detail about how we interact and they seem to realize that body language is important to the ESTP

₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪

They try to have a guess in the introduction as to what the types physical appearance looks like which is a bit weird but the rest is all good

You'll find this interesting as well:

Sensing logical extrovert - Wikisocion

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This post has descriptions of all the types and their subtypes.
    Under Construction

MBTI
    TiSe

I actually found this one fascinating about ESTP. It's long and sometimes a bit arduous to get through the translation.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Unique wrote:Just had a look then and the ESTP description is fantastic!
    I dunno if I like that one...or the Keirsey one...or the personality page one...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    You'll find this interesting as well:

Sensing logical extrovert - Wikisocion
    I do like the SLE description, the male description is also accurate as far as I am concerned:

SLE male and female - Wikisocion

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    This post has descriptions of all the types and their subtypes.

That is good!

"Sensory- logical ekstravert: LEADER

Appearance SLE is very diverse. This type of personality is not always simple for visual diagnostics as type Eie. It is possible to isolate these common features:

Cold, evaluating view, sufficiently tenacious, entire noticing, but with the light haze or the languishing eyes, which imparts to it at times the expression of innocence, romanticism or pensiveness. Smile SLE does not always correspond to the expression of eyes; therefore it can appear stretched. Most frequently it smiles on the specific occasion, but not in order to arrange to itself.

Motions well coordinated, harmonious, although somewhat irregular can be. Gait usually is smooth, is confident, is flexible, "cat". It is noticeable that man cans himself tax, to emphasize the merits of its body. SLE knows how to easily bear its body, even having significant weight. It dresses, as a rule, with the taste, it loves expensive, rare things. Style on each day of business or sport.

If in a good mood - it is weakened and oars. In the poor mood of lip they are compressed, view sullenly. Poses moderately flattened, gestures important-looking, willingly demonstrates force and confidence in itself. It is time it is impatient, with the unexpected drops in the mood: first it is impulsive and cuttings, then it is ironic and affectionate with the notes of intimacy in the voice."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Isn't it kind of lame how it tries to predict physical appearances for types, though?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Isn't it kind of lame how it tries to predict physical appearances for types, though?
    Strongly agree, which I thought made no sense. However I must admit that as a LSI type in that system I personally found the statement "Male ISTjs often wear a moustache. If they do not have one then there probably is a logical reason for it, as in general they all agree that a moustache is a good idea" eerily accurate. I can count on one hand the number of times that I have cut my mustache in the last 25 years.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

The physical appearance thing either holds alot of water or non at all.

For instance, I am ESTP, my best friend Jack is ESFP, we are both bodybuilders. My Dad is ESTJ, he has been a weightlifter all his life. Apparently there is some connection here for (male) extroverted sensors. We want to be able to have an immediate effect on our environment. Physical strength and/or a strong stature help a male accomplish this, from my own experience anyway...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ That makes sense, because body-building is an aspect of your physical appearance that you can directly manipulate. Another example of this is clothing choice--these things probably have type correlations.

However, socionics also seems to think it can predict things like facial features, which are entirely hereditary and seem totally unrelated to psychological type.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?