• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics is amazing

Unique

I'd always agreed 100% with the socionics relations section but had never read their type descriptions

Just had a look then and the ESTP description is fantastic!

I know a lot of SPs don't like the personality page or keirsey descriptions if you're one of them then maybe give the socionics one a read...

Really gives a lot of detail about how we interact and they seem to realize that body language is important to the ESTP

₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪

They try to have a guess in the introduction as to what the types physical appearance looks like which is a bit weird :huh: but the rest is all good :headphne:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I actually found this one fascinating about ESTP. It's long and sometimes a bit arduous to get through the translation.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This post has descriptions of all the types and their subtypes.

That is good! :D

"Sensory- logical ekstravert: LEADER

Appearance SLE is very diverse. This type of personality is not always simple for visual diagnostics as type Eie. It is possible to isolate these common features:

Cold, evaluating view, sufficiently tenacious, entire noticing, but with the light haze or the languishing eyes, which imparts to it at times the expression of innocence, romanticism or pensiveness. Smile SLE does not always correspond to the expression of eyes; therefore it can appear stretched. Most frequently it smiles on the specific occasion, but not in order to arrange to itself.

Motions well coordinated, harmonious, although somewhat irregular can be. Gait usually is smooth, is confident, is flexible, "cat". It is noticeable that man cans himself tax, to emphasize the merits of its body. SLE knows how to easily bear its body, even having significant weight. It dresses, as a rule, with the taste, it loves expensive, rare things. Style on each day of business or sport.

If in a good mood - it is weakened and oars. In the poor mood of lip they are compressed, view sullenly. Poses moderately flattened, gestures important-looking, willingly demonstrates force and confidence in itself. It is time it is impatient, with the unexpected drops in the mood: first it is impulsive and cuttings, then it is ironic and affectionate with the notes of intimacy in the voice."

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't it kind of lame how it tries to predict physical appearances for types, though?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Isn't it kind of lame how it tries to predict physical appearances for types, though?
Strongly agree, which I thought made no sense. However I must admit that as a LSI type in that system I personally found the statement "Male ISTjs often wear a moustache. If they do not have one then there probably is a logical reason for it, as in general they all agree that a moustache is a good idea" eerily accurate. I can count on one hand the number of times that I have cut my mustache in the last 25 years.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The physical appearance thing either holds alot of water or non at all.

For instance, I am ESTP, my best friend Jack is ESFP, we are both bodybuilders. My Dad is ESTJ, he has been a weightlifter all his life. Apparently there is some connection here for (male) extroverted sensors. We want to be able to have an immediate effect on our environment. Physical strength and/or a strong stature help a male accomplish this, from my own experience anyway...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That makes sense, because body-building is an aspect of your physical appearance that you can directly manipulate. Another example of this is clothing choice--these things probably have type correlations.

However, socionics also seems to think it can predict things like facial features, which are entirely hereditary and seem totally unrelated to psychological type.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

For instance, I am ESTP, my best friend Jack is ESFP, we are both bodybuilders. My Dad is ESTJ, he has been a weightlifter all his life. Apparently there is some connection here for (male) extroverted sensors. We want to be able to have an immediate effect on our environment. Physical strength and/or a strong stature help a male accomplish this, from my own experience anyway...

Ahem!!
<----

phoenity

That's an interesting observation. I was wondering how we use our dominant and auxiliary functions differently.

My ESTP brother is more about brute strength whereas I am the endurance athlete. He has little interest in the activities I do, and I have little interest in adopting his goals of gaining muscle mass and the type of strength he desires.

I wonder if the difference is this: ESTP uses sensing to affect his environment, whereas ISTP uses his sensing to interact with his environment. I guess the answer to that is obvious, as that's the definition of extroversion vs. introversion.

Example for me: When swimming I use my sensing to feel the drag of the water. It allows me to adjust my body position, if necessary, for more efficient movement through the water. When I was running barefoot yesterday, I found that I use my feet as immediate sensory feedback, to sense what was directly beneath me on the ground, feeling debris or changes in elevation, allowing me to adjust shock absorbance with my knees, adjust my cadence, or change direction if needed.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i would say Si is a creative approach to body movement. it seeks an experience through witch it can see through completely. it designs the happening. Se is comfortable with affecting and reacting (interacting), not assuming conscious control over an unconscious partner-element. the product (design) of this interaction is surprising to Se (but it may be able to predict it, from experience)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
However, socionics also seems to think it can predict things like facial features, which are entirely hereditary and seem totally unrelated to psychological type.

Agreed, how in the hell do they associate mustaches with type? I call BS.

deleted
I just ordered some socionics books the other day. They should be coming in this week.

I've recently joined the 16types forum for socionics. They do a lot of typing and there, but its mainly comprised of Alphas and Betas.

Try looking at socionics.us for some good charts.

If I had to say one good thing about socionics right now, it would be that it doesn't confuse introverted with internal, and extroverted with external.

maliafee

Socionics IS amazing. And the physical descriptions aren't really guesses but fairly accurate (though not always) theories they've put together over many years.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well, i think you are right about the physical characteristics, from what i've read and correlated with types i know. BUT. it is WAY off when it comes to its relationship methodology!! it says i (infj) and intj would make good 'business partners' but not an effective relationship.....however, i'm in a pretty-damn-fabulous 21 year relationship with an intj. also, it says my duality partner would be....um, esfp i think, but the thought of esfp just totally TURNS ME OFF, no offense esfps.....my hair sylist is one and i love her, but not to be in a relationship with. just don't get that. friendship, yeah. but i KNOW i like NT men. or even ST men.

so, i find mbti better for relationship matching.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am getting really good at telling the dominant percievers ESFP ENFP. They are the best when it comes to expressing themselves with body language, facial expressions, etc. I was talking to my grandma the other day and she was explaining to me how you show things with your eyes and not just with your words.