User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I challenge anyone to tell me how big my triceps are using socionics. And no cop outs!
    First we have to know how to measure triceps and which head we are talking about. Do we add them all together and find total length? I can tie it all together, but its useless if I dont know how to measure them.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Agreed. The dual for INFj is actually ESTj. Which I don't understand. I've never had a great relationship with an ESTj. I can agree with the other quadra members (ENFp and ISTp) being good picks, but not ESTj.
    Just for the record, you don't have to bash socionics just like that. Duality takes time to develop compared to the other positive relations, sometimes a few years, and then the relationship becomes intensely healthier. So that you have trouble with ESTjs depend on both ends, if you're willing to see through at first, and the other end, the other big issue is a question of maturity, which can actually be the downplay of the seeking functions, yours would be Te and Si. It happens when you just can't seem to relate to people except for on an ego or identical basis, and that means you need to open up. However from my experience, the opening up comes naturally to duals, I say eventually. Lastly of course I'm sure you're sure about your type in the first place. Successful duality relations happen a lot more than any other, without the two knowing about the theory (people here probably wouldn't think so because they study MBTI.) Of course that's what the theory says, but that's what others and I have observed, even with INFj and ESTj. All of this is easily disputable, but it's a very dynamic theory and I can say the relations will take some time to get the hang of. Good things to come.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Just for the record, you don't have to bash socionics just like that. Duality takes time to develop compared to the other positive relations, sometimes a few years, and then the relationship becomes intensely healthier. So that you have trouble with ESTjs depend on both ends, if you're willing to see through at first, and the other end, the other big issue is a question of maturity, which can actually be the downplay of the seeking functions, yours would be Te and Si. It happens when you just can't seem to relate to people except for on an ego or identical basis, and that means you need to open up. However from my experience, the opening up comes naturally to duals, I say eventually. Lastly of course I'm sure you're sure about your type in the first place. Successful duality relations happen a lot more than any other, without the two knowing about the theory (people here probably wouldn't think so because they study MBTI.) Of course that's what the theory says, but that's what others and I have observed, even with INFj and ESTj. All of this is easily disputable, but it's a very dynamic theory and I can say the relations will take some time to get the hang of. Good things to come.
    well, i don't see lauren's response (or my previous response) as bashing. indeed, far from it. we were both speaking about our personal experiences with relating, based on identified type.

what is your experience with relating in a str or ltr?

the thing i found difficult to swallow in socionics relationship methodology was more the way it states with certainty how each type relates to another type........for example, for me, calling my successful and deep, loving relationship with an intj as a 'business relationship, not having the complexity to withstand personal relating' (i'm paraphrasing).

i find socionics provides, perhaps, more pieces to the personality puzzle, but all in all i find the relationship ideas promoted by the St Mary's researchers to be most similar to my own human relating, at least regarding ltr. i took this quote off curtis24's (hope you don't mind, curtis) post on the intp forum:

Partner Satisfaction As Measured By the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
    by Nancy S. Marioles, Ph.D.
    St. Mary's University researchers, headed by psychologist Nancy S.Marioles, Ph.D asked 426 married and premarried couples to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator which measures peoples preferences on how they relate to the world. The authors then compared each type with each spouses' marital satisfaction. A person can have four different types that determine how they deal with the world.

One can be either extraverted or introverted. Extraverted people prefer to relate to people in the outer world rather relating to the inner world of ideas which Introverted people prefer. A Sensing person likes to have known facts to make decisions whereas an iNtuitive person prefers to look for possibilities and relationships that aren't apparent to make decisions. Thinking types like to base their judgments on interpersonal analysis and logic, and Feeling types like to base their judgments more on personal values. Finally, Judging types like a planned, decided and orderly way of life compared to Perceiving types who like a flexible, spontaneous way of life.

The couples were monitored over a seven-year period to determine marital behavior and predictors of satisfaction and divorce. The authors examined how many times each person was married, the length of the marriage, changes of marital status and sources of marital satisfaction and irritation.

The couples, said Dr. Marioles, were most satisfied in their marriage if they both could confide in their mate, share outside interests, calmly discuss and exchange ideas. Premarital couples needed to satisy those areas plus be able to plan together, question each other and kiss each other.

The authors found very little evidence that opposites marry. The only exceptions were ESTJ men married to INFP women and ESTP men married to INFJ women. These two types of men, said the authors, were also the two types who had been married the most often. Men who were INFPs, INFJs and INTPs most often married a female with the same psychological type. Women, on the other hand, who were ENFJs and INFJs married men with the same type.

The researchers also found that female feeling types (mostly ESFJs) were married the longest and that female thinking types (mostly INTP) were married the fewest number of years. Perceiving types were more likely to have divorced than judging types. Extraverts tended to be more satisfied with their relationships than Introverts which didn't take into account their length of marriage or how many times they had been married.

"Our research and the overall trend," said Dr. Marioles,"supports the likelihood that people are more likely to be attracted to and marry someone of the same type then they are a person of the opposite type."

Women were dissatisfied with the marriage most often (33 percent) when they were married to a man who was an INTP; 31 percent were dissatisfied when they were married to an INFS; and 22 percent were dissatisfied when they were married to an ISFP. Only 13 percent of the men were dissatisfied when the women were an ENFJ and 12 percent of the men were dissatisficed when the women were an ENFP.
    Marriage And The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Just for the record, you don't have to bash socionics just like that.
    Bashing? Not at all. I find both MBTI and Socionics insightful. I just disagree with ESTj being my "ideal" partner.

Lastly of course I'm sure you're sure about your type in the first place.
    Yes, positive. I'm INFj/EII.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    First we have to know how to measure triceps and which head we are talking about. Do we add them all together and find total length? I can tie it all together, but its useless if I dont know how to measure them.
    Yep, a trained eye is required (to make sense of this drivel :P), no doubt about that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I challenge anyone to tell me how big my triceps are using socionics. And no cop outs!
    Good one! Way to push the bubble!

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Bashing? Not at all. I find both MBTI and Socionics insightful. I just disagree with ESTj being my "ideal" partner.
    But technically you were bashing, even for being so lightly one personal aspect. "Bashing," it's not a bad word, it just needs some attention after the fact. I still stand by what I say in the previous post. I am just hopeful, as it seems like such a powerful connection, those two types, even taken theoretically.

MBTI
    TiSe

Just for the record, you don't have to bash socionics just like that.....
    I don't think too many bash the system, as much as the people presenting it. As been said they are both okay systems with different points of view. I am suspect of a system claiming who will be your better or worse type as much as I am suspect that MBTI can determine your best career.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Good one! Way to push the bubble!
    Your mum pushed the buble !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I dunno if I like that one...or the Keirsey one...or the personality page one...

I do like the SLE description, the male description is also accurate as far as I am concerned:

SLE male and female - Wikisocion
    Interestingly keirsey is my favorite type description for ESTP

But I'd say different ESTPs are going to have different descriptions fit them better, for me the keirsey description fits best