First 34567 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Meh. I don't find it to be that amazing.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Not criticizing, but INTPs are not the best at analyzing based on functional or actually applying knowledge to the real world. Its good to know your weakness as well as strengths.
    I'm not an "INTP."

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    In regards to relationships in general its one big compromise. You cant just look at one aspect of it. Its all about dynamics. Sometimes taking care of one function will pull them out of it and push them into something else. You cant base anything off a static view. You have to figure out what the best compromise is.
    Actually, this theory is based on a static view, though I know where you're coming from. I haven't mentioned one bit of subjective proceeding. I'm not into examining personal things right now, since this is a thread about Socionics. I'd also find it quite off base if I were to submit a personal example to define a theory. Its like saying statistics mean everything, no pun intended.

FigerPuppet

Socionics can go suck a donkey dick. MBTI is far superior.

Because I said so, that's why.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wikisocion is a pretty amazing site. If you actually take the time to read the theory, it all makes sense. In describing the self it seems socionics won me over, since I can relate to their INFj description extremely well, especially with their in depth descriptions of the functions.

Most people I'm guessing just dismiss it due to the socionics official website being ridiculous, while the wiki is good.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Also let it be noted that it said there are two physical appearances ESTPs are likely to have... the "skinny" "mostly business" appearance which is how I would see myself and quite a few famous ESTPs are not body builders ! haha

I am trying to get a bit more healthy though...

Also in regards to the ESTj - INFj duel... I've seen it work... time and time again

I have lots of duel INFp friends and an activity friend ENFj !

deleted

Yeah, relations is the way to go. It even helps in typing people, coming from the other angle. I've done it many times before and have said, "ahh, now I see it. It makes so much more sense this way." Of course now I'm much more familiar with people of the types, and one type usually fosters a variety of people in their visualizations.

And there are subtypes, so far based on ego. So you can either have an E subtype or an I subtype, and subtype means how you access your main function. As an INTp, my possibilities are Ni or Te. There are two definitions for each on wikisocion.

BlackCat, I've pointed out to some people who've commented on my test that they come out extraverted on it, when they're actually introverted (socionics version of introverted), and that's because they're usually of the extraverted subtype. Since you came out ENFp even though you're an INFj might imply that you are INFj-Ne. This is likely.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am definitely an extroverted subtype... it sounds good even though I don't even know what that means. That makes the ENFp result make sense, when I look at the functions of the ENFp vs the INFj.

As for relationships, I've done this in my head since I found out about MBTI, with my own definitions. I defined how it felt to be around certain people, that there was a pattern. I found patterns in how people acted, their thought processes, actually pretty much everything. Then I take that and I compare to how I feel around them and for what reasons, how we get along and for what reasons, etc. Then I can determine their type. I'm almost always accurate too. These feelings get specific with the dichotomies as well, (T/F, E/I etc).

The socionics relationship types helped me make these feelings concrete... and made the process MUCH easier. It's a good tool.

EDIT: Actually regarding relationships I had my own dichotomies I made up in my head for defining how well I'd get along with people. They also worked, but I didn't have anything concrete such as a personality type or relationship type to peg it to.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I am definitely an extroverted subtype... it sounds good even though I don't even know what that means. That makes the ENFp result make sense, when I look at the functions of the ENFp vs the INFj.
    Lol. Here is one definition of both subtypes. I do agree, it can make the process quite concrete. That's why I ordered some books.

Again, I'd always take these definitions with a grain of salt and look for the bigger idea, not the specifics. Although I'm usually quite pleased since socionics has been dead on with a lot of specific pieces of information.

EII subtypes - Wikisocion

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Aw, I had the extroverted subtype thing wrong. ENFj definitely sounds like it for me (I can't relate to INFJs much or at all in MBTI... which explains this).

Let's continue this conversation via PM lemons... I want to know more and you obviously know a good bit.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I also wanted to use this opportunity to publicly screw MBTI. Screw you MBTI!
    I knew this was coming at some point. This is my problem with Socionics followers (which is the same for MBTI followers), move on and stop making some unrealistic comparison that one or the other system is better. They're two separate systems and we will never know if either is following Jung's original theory. Granted based on his theory, it appears that Socionics "gets it" when it comes to introverted types. However enthusiasts need to once and for all stop with the banter of being better than MBTI merely because they started out in Western culture using her four-letter codes. They have reverted to using the 3 letter codes so cut the strings already and become a system in your own right. In the end both have their flaws, but it sounds as though Socionics' is based more on the interpretations. I have suggested for years to Socionics followers stop wasting time on the comparisons and get the descriptions from Russia fully translated. I am ISTP in MBTI and LSI in Socionics. That is where the comparison ends.