User Tag List

First 12345 Last

deleted

I also wanted to use this opportunity to publicly screw MBTI. Screw you MBTI!

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    well, i think you are right about the physical characteristics, from what i've read and correlated with types i know. BUT. it is WAY off when it comes to its relationship methodology!! it says i (infj) and intj would make good 'business partners' but not an effective relationship.....however, i'm in a pretty-damn-fabulous 21 year relationship with an intj. also, it says my duality partner would be....um, esfp i think, but the thought of esfp just totally TURNS ME OFF, no offense esfps.....my hair sylist is one and i love her, but not to be in a relationship with. just don't get that. friendship, yeah. but i KNOW i like NT men. or even ST men.

so, i find mbti better for relationship matching.
    It's because you don't accurately type people. You can't assume they're the MBTI type. They are two different theories.

Socionics is atleast e-lemons times more accurate in relations than MBTI.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I also wanted to use this opportunity to publicly screw MBTI. Screw you MBTI!
    Pictures or it didn't happen. And watch out for the paper cuts.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    It's because you don't accurately type people. You can't assume they're the MBTI type. They are two different theories.
    guess i'm missing something then. do you have a better link for socionics typing besides socionics.com and wiki?

and i do know i like nt men, so if it tells me on their little grid that i do best with esfp, how does that jive?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen. And watch out for the paper cuts.
    No, I'm just really flexible.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    guess i'm missing something then. do you have a better link for socionics typing besides socionics.com and wiki?

and i do know i like nt men, so if it tells me on their little grid that i do best with esfp, how does that jive?
    Try reading all of wikisocion first. Then google socionics and descriminate between all those websites. I'm getting some books in a few days, so maybe I'll post some information to your questions when that happens.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    That's an interesting observation. I was wondering how we use our dominant and auxiliary functions differently.

My ESTP brother is more about brute strength whereas I am the endurance athlete. He has little interest in the activities I do, and I have little interest in adopting his goals of gaining muscle mass and the type of strength he desires.

I wonder if the difference is this: ESTP uses sensing to affect his environment, whereas ISTP uses his sensing to interact with his environment. I guess the answer to that is obvious, as that's the definition of extroversion vs. introversion.

Example for me: When swimming I use my sensing to feel the drag of the water. It allows me to adjust my body position, if necessary, for more efficient movement through the water. When I was running barefoot yesterday, I found that I use my feet as immediate sensory feedback, to sense what was directly beneath me on the ground, feeling debris or changes in elevation, allowing me to adjust shock absorbance with my knees, adjust my cadence, or change direction if needed.
    I see what your saying, I have an extremely good sense of balance. When wrestling in a pool I can go against 2 people and usually come out ahead. Size and strength dont matter. I know how to turn and twist and use leverage to my advantage to over come strength and size. I can run down a hill full of boulders with them moving as I step on them and not miss a beat.

When it comes to bodybuilding I go for functional strength, prefer dumbells because it takes more control. In martial arts I was not about hurting the other person, but about speed and control. I could go full speed and just tap the other person. My cousin is learning not to block because all the power is there at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i would say Si is a creative approach to body movement. it seeks an experience through witch it can see through completely. it designs the happening. Se is comfortable with affecting and reacting (interacting), not assuming conscious control over an unconscious partner-element. the product (design) of this interaction is surprising to Se (but it may be able to predict it, from experience)
    I assume this was a response to my post, but I was confused by it at first. Now I think I understand why you are discussing Si...because this is a thread about Socionics and that theory says I operate on Te-Si.

However, looking at how my ESTP brother and I operate, I don't think that Socionics is correct.

The way we think and sense is the same, only our goals are different in a small sense. In my observation of him, I know that Se is his main goal, it's his dominant function, and Ti supports it. Ti is my main goal, my dominant function, and I use Se to support it.

MBTI
    STP

I have a preference over MBTI in functions, but thats because I have based my theory using MBTI as a jumping point.

The one thing I noticed is that my subconcious is alot like ENFP outside. When talking to my mom we are very similiar. If you break it down by groups we are just opposite. The thing is they can better control the dynamics where I better understand them after the fact. I am working on controlling the dynamics, but Im not anywhere as good as an ENFP. Take below and break it down into groups of 2 and notice that we are really opposite. Since one function does nothing, we must have atleast 2. I may be off, but who knows.

ISTP - Ti Se Ni Fe Te Si Ne Fi
    ENFP - Ne Fi Te Si Ni Fe Ti Se