User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The physical appearance thing either holds alot of water or non at all.

For instance, I am ESTP, my best friend Jack is ESFP, we are both bodybuilders. My Dad is ESTJ, he has been a weightlifter all his life. Apparently there is some connection here for (male) extroverted sensors. We want to be able to have an immediate effect on our environment. Physical strength and/or a strong stature help a male accomplish this, from my own experience anyway...
    Ahem!!
    <----

The physical appearance thing either holds alot of water or non at all.

For instance, I am ESTP, my best friend Jack is ESFP, we are both bodybuilders. My Dad is ESTJ, he has been a weightlifter all his life. Apparently there is some connection here for (male) extroverted sensors. We want to be able to have an immediate effect on our environment. Physical strength and/or a strong stature help a male accomplish this, from my own experience anyway...

That's an interesting observation. I was wondering how we use our dominant and auxiliary functions differently.

My ESTP brother is more about brute strength whereas I am the endurance athlete. He has little interest in the activities I do, and I have little interest in adopting his goals of gaining muscle mass and the type of strength he desires.

I wonder if the difference is this: ESTP uses sensing to affect his environment, whereas ISTP uses his sensing to interact with his environment. I guess the answer to that is obvious, as that's the definition of extroversion vs. introversion.

Example for me: When swimming I use my sensing to feel the drag of the water. It allows me to adjust my body position, if necessary, for more efficient movement through the water. When I was running barefoot yesterday, I found that I use my feet as immediate sensory feedback, to sense what was directly beneath me on the ground, feeling debris or changes in elevation, allowing me to adjust shock absorbance with my knees, adjust my cadence, or change direction if needed.

i would say Si is a creative approach to body movement. it seeks an experience through witch it can see through completely. it designs the happening. Se is comfortable with affecting and reacting (interacting), not assuming conscious control over an unconscious partner-element. the product (design) of this interaction is surprising to Se (but it may be able to predict it, from experience)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    However, socionics also seems to think it can predict things like facial features, which are entirely hereditary and seem totally unrelated to psychological type.
    Agreed, how in the hell do they associate mustaches with type? I call BS.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Ahem!!
    <----
    Biaxident, you know you are a closet extroverted sensor, come on, fess up now...

deleted

I just ordered some socionics books the other day. They should be coming in this week.

I've recently joined the 16types forum for socionics. They do a lot of typing and there, but its mainly comprised of Alphas and Betas.

Try looking at socionics.us for some good charts.

If I had to say one good thing about socionics right now, it would be that it doesn't confuse introverted with internal, and extroverted with external.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Biaxident, you know you are a closet extroverted sensor, come on, fess up now...
    Nope, not likely.

Socionics IS amazing. And the physical descriptions aren't really guesses but fairly accurate (though not always) theories they've put together over many years.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

well, i think you are right about the physical characteristics, from what i've read and correlated with types i know. BUT. it is WAY off when it comes to its relationship methodology!! it says i (infj) and intj would make good 'business partners' but not an effective relationship.....however, i'm in a pretty-damn-fabulous 21 year relationship with an intj. also, it says my duality partner would be....um, esfp i think, but the thought of esfp just totally TURNS ME OFF, no offense esfps.....my hair sylist is one and i love her, but not to be in a relationship with. just don't get that. friendship, yeah. but i KNOW i like NT men. or even ST men.

so, i find mbti better for relationship matching.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    STP

I am getting really good at telling the dominant percievers ESFP ENFP. They are the best when it comes to expressing themselves with body language, facial expressions, etc. I was talking to my grandma the other day and she was explaining to me how you show things with your eyes and not just with your words.