User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

Also, socionics doesn't like the idea of Introverted-Perceivers leading with a Judging function (T or F), so it labels the types differently. Most INTPs in MBTI come out as INTj in Socionics, but that's not because they act like an MBTI INTJ; it's just labeled differently.

Honestly, I'm not an authority on either, but the externalized behavior-labeling systems don't seem that different.
    You smile at my idea and then you go on talking in propaganda ? You are a kind of smartass aint you ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    try Wikisocion - Socionics Wiki - ????????? ???? they have the ability to make more sense than mbti, but have to also bend in the end to human randomness
    Thanks, so far this is a lot better, but I'll take a better look later.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Socionics was developed completely separate of MBTI, from Jung's theories, in Russia. It was based on observation of married couples, then observation of people in general. The type-relation thing is central to its theory.

Now, the truth is, the types are basically analogous. You don't switch the J/P and that is because Socionics FUNCTIONS themselves mean different things so even though it looks as though if in MBTI you are INFP you would be INFj in Socionics, this is NOT the case. You are an INFp still in Socionics if you're an INFP in MBTI.

Socionics has a lot of validity if you give it a chance, imho.
    Assuming that types are figured out on the same basic level, it doesn't make sense that MBTI INFP is FiNe while socionics INFp is NiFe. Then on top of that ENFP is NeFi while ENFp is also NeFi.

maybe I just have to look into it more?
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx

They're not figured out on the same basic level. The functions are decided differently and have different meanings. But they are fairly analogous. ENTP=ENTp, etc.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You smile at my idea and then you go on talking in propaganda ? You are a kind of smartass aint you ?
    Oh, it wasn't meant that cynically--just an acknowledgement that while this typology stuff is interesting and seems to have (limited) real life implications, it's all ultimately conjectural and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Just saying that I identify with your perception here, and then responding to the initial question with that caveat in mind.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SforzaRS View Post
    Assuming that types are figured out on the same basic level, it doesn't make sense that MBTI INFP is FiNe while socionics INFp is NiFe. Then on top of that ENFP is NeFi while ENFp is also NeFi.

maybe I just have to look into it more?
    Don't do it! It's what they want - they lure you in with the promise of an explanation, then Wham!, it's too late - you're trapped forever.

It should carry a health warning:

"Danger! Your head will explode if you try to make sense of our theory!"
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Oh, it wasn't meant that cynically--just an acknowledgement that while this typology stuff is interesting and seems to have (limited) real life implications, it's all ultimately conjectural and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Just saying that I identify with your perception here, and then responding to the initial question with that caveat in mind.
    Sorry I am drunk. I see things where are noone
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Don't do it! It's what they want - they lure you in with the promise of an explanation, then Wham!, it's too late - you're trapped forever.

It should carry a health warning:

"Danger! Your head will explode if you try to make sense of our theory!"
    it's too late I'm already tearing apart whether I'm INTp or INTj, I tested strong INT, weak p. I read both descriptions and sound a little more INTp (I find it funny that it says many INTps type themselves INTj or INTx).

I'm pretty much accepting INTp... now to figure out how the hell I'm NiTe in socionics..
    I'm F--ed
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

The answer is quite obvious, if not easy: they are both bullshit in the end
    i love your face
    I N V I C T U S

garbage

The worst thing anyone ever did was assign MBTI-like lettering to Socionics types. Way to conflate differing definitions of everything, assholes

That said, here are a few pretty graphics relating the types by correlation:

The table below represents the result of this experiment:

And the next table represents one more result of this experiment. We asked the participants to indicate their own types, and to recognize their own types in these descriptions:

Do these tables represent the real correlation between the socionic types and the Keirsey types? We think they do not. They rather represent characteristic stereotypes of the socionics and the Keirsey typology. To compare these typologies objectively, we will need to test at least several hundreds of persons using both socionic and American methods. But at least we know now for sure that socionics, MBTT and Keirsey, in spite of their common origin from the Jungian typology, are not identical!
    the whole thing is one big anyway