User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why is this truth? I don't see how there can be truth in this situation. What makes his any more correct?

It's like a movie adaptation. Why complain if the adaptation can stand on its own as a decent movie, even if it's failed to mimic its namesake?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's like a movie adaptation. Why complain if the adaptation can stand on its own as a decent movie, even if it's failed to mimic its namesake?
    It confuses people because it doesn't completely make sense. See: This thread, and a thousand like it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It confuses people because it doesn't completely make sense. See: This thread, and a thousand like it.
    Sometimes, art is confounding.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Sometimes, art is confounding.
    Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled!

MBTI
    ENFJ

To tell a student that they need more support for their thesis of an analysis of art is all well and good. To tell them that their analysis is wrong because it doesn't match yours is not only bad form, but incorrect, professor.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

To tell a student that they need more support for their thesis of an analysis of art is all well and good. To tell them that their analysis is wrong because it doesn't match yours is not only bad form, but incorrect, professor.
    This "everyone's special" mindset is not useful if after results.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know that, but whatever you call the types, they still have a function order. And they correlate with MBTI types (The types match, not the function orders)
    No, they don't, AFAIK. Where did you get this notion?

She created the designation.

You're too narrowly defining the Jungian concept. He calls perceiving irrational, but that doesn't fully define it.
    Are you asserting that J/P in MBTI are equivalent to rationality/irrationality in Jungian terms? You seem to be behaving as if they are equivalent.
    You're saying that Introverted Sensing, as described by Jung, is a more appropriate dominant function for ISxPs than ISxJs, which is exactly what I said.
    No, no, no... I said that it is for SOCIONIC SxIs, which are called ISxps. Not for MBTI ISxPs. You can't possibly think they're same type? Geez.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, they don't. Where did you get this notion?
    Have you read descriptions of all the types in both systems? They obviously correlate. Such that ISTJ is equivalent to ISTj.

Are you asserting that J/P in MBTI are equivalent to rationality/irrationality in Jungian terms? You seem to be behaving as if they are equivalent.
    TBH, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. One possible answer: Judging and Perceiving always carry the same definitions. Practically speaking of course, if you discuss say, the difference between ISTP and ISTJ, more will be discussed than simply the difference between J and P.

No, no, no... I said that it is for SOCIONIC SxIs, which are called ISxps. Not for MBTI ISxPs. You can't possibly think they're same type? Geez.
    Oh. YES, I do. That's our problem. Check this out.

Sensory Logical Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logical Sensory Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You simply cannot tell me the descriptions and titles don't match ISTp with ISTP, and ISTj with ISTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay, pretend there are no such things as cognitive processes, only four-letter code.

Now, would ISFP then correlate with ISFp?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Have you read descriptions of all the types in both systems? They obviously correlate. Such that ISTJ is equivalent to ISTj.

TBH, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. One possible answer: Judging and Perceiving always carry the same definitions. Practically speaking of course, if you discuss say, the difference between ISTP and ISTJ, more will be discussed than simply the difference between J and P.

Oh. YES, I do. That's our problem. Check this out.

Sensory Logical Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logical Sensory Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You simply cannot tell me the descriptions and titles don't match ISTp with ISTP, and ISTj with ISTJ.
    Okay, the descriptions do kind of match, although they don't match perfectly. Personally, I think Socionics a bit more accurate than MBTI in terms of relevance to Jung's original theory (even though they both have problems), but I stick with MBTI for two reasons:

1. Most people here can't understand Socionics (or Jung, for that matter) because they don't want to take the time to learn it, and thus lazily correlate it with MBTI constructs if you talk about it.

2. A lot of the literature on Socionics is in Russian, thus I have to rely on interpretations.

I actually knew Socionics before I ever came to this forum, and gave up on it because no one else "got it."

I think that MBTI descriptions tend to be rather inaccurate, actually.