User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 54

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    All I can see is your insistence that IJ types work on a closed circuit. Nothing more.
    I've made no reference to that notion, but it's typical that you would see something which isn't there, and nothing which is.

  2. #12
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I've made no reference to that notion, but it's typical that you would see something which isn't there, and nothing which is.
    Because of my goddamned subjective perception.

    Stop bothering me, extrovert.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Because of my goddamned subjective perception.

    Stop bothering me, extrovert.
    It's you who injected yourself into the conversation to attempt to discount my stance. (And failed.)

  4. #14
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's you who injected yourself into the conversation to attempt to discount my stance. (And failed.)
    I don't understand how you can possibly insist that you are objectively correct when you type yourself an introvert.

    We are in the subjective field of whackjob psychology. This subjective field claims that all introverts are inherently subjective first and foremost. This subjectivity makes them either process in a closed loop or process in some whackjobed way that doesn't produce anything sensical when it's taken apart to its component parts. How can we even begin to argue?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't understand how you can possibly insist that you are objectively correct when you type yourself an introvert.

    We are in the subjective field of whackjob psychology. This subjective field claims that all introverts are inherently subjective first and foremost. This subjectivity makes them either process in a closed loop or process in some whackjobed way that doesn't produce anything sensical when it's taken apart to its component parts. How can we even begin to argue?
    To be fair, I do have an edge. I'm smart.

  6. #16
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    To be fair, I do have an edge. I'm smart.
    The arena of subjectivity isn't fair. No edge.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The arena of subjectivity isn't fair. No edge.
    Your argument of subjectivity (the definition you're using) is nonsensical. It would mean that no INTP could ever apply emprical science. Shame no one told Einstein.

  8. #18
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Your argument of subjectivity (the definition you're using) is nonsensical. It would mean that no INTP could ever apply emprical science. Shame no one told Einstein.
    I know. Bloody shame.

    The system makes about as much sense as something tasting purple. You can't say exactly what you mean, but you know it when you taste it. This is why I can't get your argument. It's trying to explain the taste of purple, and it's trying to tell me that that taste is actually red.

    You get what I mean?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #19
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Haphazard vs Jack Flak

    Typical NT love-hate relationship
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I know. Bloody shame.

    The system makes about as much sense as something tasting purple. You can't say exactly what you mean, but you know it when you taste it. This is why I can't get your argument. It's trying to explain the taste of purple, and it's trying to tell me that that taste is actually red.

    You get what I mean?
    I know what you think, and I think it's incorrect. Find an INTJ description which explains how the INTJ uses Ni, and what it actually does is explain "How INTJs think." It's not as if the INTJ is a stranger to intuition, or even "Ni," so it's not extremely difficult to make it a sensible description. It's just not the best description.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI vs socionics j/p
    By Poki in forum Socionics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 06:33 PM
  2. Socionics Online Meetup #2: MBTI vs. Socionics
    By HandiAce in forum Socionics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM
  3. MBTI vs Socionics
    By Amargith in forum Socionics
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM
  4. MBTI vs. Socionics: Which one is better?
    By Idontcare in forum Socionics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
  5. MBTI vs Socionics
    By Urchin in forum Socionics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO