User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ Socionics Subtypes?

I found this...

Questions & Answers

on Socionics.com and immediately felt it was extremely true in what I've seen in differences amongst INFJs. Does anyone know anything else about this? I haven't found any other info on it anywhere, nor have I found much info on subtypes for other types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, first of all... you should be aware that INFJ =/= INFj. Socionic functions don't even mean the same thing as MBTI functions at this point, despite being similar due to having common Jungian roots.

Secondly, if you're referring to Socionic INFj's (EII) specifically, then I would agree. This does tend to show a common difference I've noticed between them. But MBTI INFJs are not necessarily EIIs, although they can be. INFPs, and possibly other types, could also be EIIs.

MBTI
    INFJ

The functions are opposite for the types between Socionics and MBTI, but the essential characteristics of the type are relatively the same overall (i.e. type profiles). But disregarding MBTI and Socionics differences, I find breaking down INFJ (or any type) into subtypes really intriguing. Eh part of the problem is the link didn't work right... I'll edit the post to fix it. The link lists character trait/lifestyle type differences between what are noted as two different subtypes for INFJ (Fi in Socionics or Ne in Socionics). Fi subtypes are more quiet, while Ne subtypes are more outgoing, etc, etc.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I agree there are two subtypes. One is much more restrained and ascetic, similar to INTj and the other is more outwardly friendly and fun-loving. But the way socionics names them, the first would be the Fi subtype and the second would be the Ne subtype. It seems it should be the reverse, but I have yet to find out why they named them that way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Behavioral traits for both socionics INFp and MBTI INFP, for example, are the same. And I think Jung would consider the stereotypical behavior of an INFP to be more related to his Ni concept than Fi.

This socionics site is far more in depth and accurate.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, first of all... you should be aware that INFJ =/= INFj. Socionic functions don't even mean the same thing as MBTI functions at this point, despite being similar due to having common Jungian roots.

Secondly, if you're referring to Socionic INFj's (EII) specifically, then I would agree. This does tend to show a common difference I've noticed between them. But MBTI INFJs are not necessarily EIIs, although they can be. INFPs, and possibly other types, could also be EIIs.
    Sorry I don't have a ton of experience with Socionics (know most of the Socionics.com subpages off-hand, but haven't read into it a ton outside of that). EII subtypes is what it seems to be (I poked around Google results for socionics subtypes) :redface: thanks ...
    Category:Subtype descriptions - Wikisocion

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I agree there are two subtypes. One is much more restrained and ascetic, similar to INTj and the other is more outwardly friendly and fun-loving. But the way socionics names them, the first would be the Fi subtype and the second would be the Ne subtype. It seems it should be the reverse, but I have yet to find out why they named them that way.
    Agreed... you'd think an F subtype would be the more outgoing and the N the more innerly-focused. But, I'm guessing maybe because Ne is extroverted, that's why the Ne subtype is more outgoing/friendly/fun-loving/whatever and Fi is more introverted, that's why the frail appearance and quiet demeanor?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Behavioral traits for both socionics INFp and MBTI INFP, for example, are the same. And I think Jung would consider the stereotypical behavior of an INFP to be more related to his Ni concept than Fi.

This socionics site is far more in depth and accurate.
    Agreed that behavioral traits seem to match in both Socionics and MBTI for each type (despite the functional differences). I guess it's all just different interpretations of Jung's original concept, but with the same-ish basic outcome. I do like that socionics has sub-divided types into subtypes, because I have noticed that there seem to be different types within the types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Agreed. Ni according to Jung is the dreamer, wanderer type which theoretically corresponds more with INFP than INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdujour View Post
    Agreed... you'd think an F subtype would be the more outgoing and the N the more innerly-focused. But, I'm guessing maybe because Ne is extroverted, that's why the Ne subtype is more outgoing/friendly/fun-loving/whatever and Fi is more introverted, that's why the frail appearance and quiet demeanor?
    Hmmm...good thinking, that is probably what they were referring to; E vs. I. It just seems, based on my observations of the subtypes, that the "Ne" subtype actually has stronger F and the "Fi" subtype has stronger N.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Agreed. Ni according to Jung is the dreamer, wanderer type which theoretically corresponds more with INFP than INFJ.

Hmmm...good thinking, that is probably what they were referring to; E vs. I. It just seems, based on my observations of the subtypes, that the "Ne" subtype actually has stronger F and the "Fi" subtype has stronger N.
    Agreed.