User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Socionics and physical characteristics

So I was reading the socionics descriptions and it was really cracking me up how they were describing how each type looks physically (i.e. ENFP's are tall, ISFJ's have thick lips, INTP's have large noses etc.). How can they do this? Are they true for the most part?

Hmm, (and Hmm!) I don't look at all like the INTJ description there. I don't have a single severe feature, and I'm certainly not thin or scrawny. I will concede that my normal expression is rather bloodless though. People often think I'm upset when my face is at rest.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    So I was reading the socionics descriptions and it was really cracking me up how they were describing how each type looks physically (i.e. ENFP's are tall, ISFJ's have thick lips, INTP's have large noses etc.). How can they do this? Are they true for the most part?
    I was honestly just thinking about how ENFPs are tall.

I couldn't tell you how accurate they are, they seem too vague to be useful anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ that's funny jack!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ that's funny jack!
    Everybody funny. Now you funny too.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Eye has no large noses.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...my isfj sister is the only one in my family w/o full lips....silliness.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

INTps eyes have a sorrowful look about them as if they are about to be victimised in some way
    Woe no *sad eyes*

INTps often show poor control of their lower jaw, allowing them to hang down.
    Hehe!

INTj males often have a short haircut.
    How unique.

INFps mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their eyes vary from large to small.
    How definitive.

INFjs faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not.
    *sadder eyes*

ISTps have a characteristic springy gait with the knees slightly bent giving them a characteristic surreptitious walk.
    Hehe. Im sooo gonna watch ISTps for this one. Than pay them out.

In moments of passionate conversation ISFps can often swallow air like a fish. When ISFps try to explain things, they can move their eyebrows considerably.
    But Im gonna watch for this one even more. Than seriously pay them out. Waggely eyed fish breathers!

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Phototyping is real, although it depends on something a lot more amorphous than plain physical characteristics that you can isolate. Which basically means that it's unfalsifiable, and therefore unscientific. There are some generalizations and some people who /do/ fit the archetype. And there are many who don't.

Of course, the position of some Socionists is that most people don't really know typology well enough to actually type others in a consistent manner, instead relying on superficial external characteristics and traits rather than looking at real internal dynamics. Read Jung some time. He really gets into it .

If you want to learn, it helps to pay attention to the extreme minutiae of a person's eyes and what kind of "aura" they give off, for lack of a better word.

Needless to say, I've probably gotten a lot of weird looks from people in real life for this practice. You can get very close to a person by looking at their eyes, and some people don't want you to get that close, lol.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Phototyping is real, although it depends on something a lot more amorphous than plain physical characteristics that you can isolate. Which basically means that it's unfalsifiable. There are some generalizations and some people who /do/ fit the archetype. And there are many who don't.
    What he said. *eats various photos to gain innate understanding*