User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

There are some common characteristics, but they're more vague than that. VI does work after you have experience, but you need to integrate mannerism and facial expressions into the general picture too. Just looking at the descriptions at socionics.com won't cut it, especially because what are considered to be characteristic traits of a given type are actually shared by many others, so what you are looking for would be the combination of them. This description is true of me:

ENTjs often have full lips and a characteristic salesman like smile. Their bone structures normally give them their square shape figures. Their faces too are often square in shape and the facial structure itself often has many small details. Their eyes are constantly darting about rarely remaining on one object for any period of time. ENTjs typically tend to have a bouncing gait. The more hyperactive they are the more noticeable this becomes.
    and I can see it to be valid for the ENTjs I know, too. But I don't think that if I didn't know that they were ENTjs, I would have noticed the similarity. Because for example this would easily apply too:

ESTps generally have either slim figures or firm and solid figures. Solid ESTps have free and flexible movements. When standing in one place they tend to wriggle rhythmically as if they have a slight electric current running through them.
    Although I know plenty of people that are not ESTps and wriggle and have free and flexible movements. In short: if somebody matches the description perfectly, then it's quite likely that his type is the one of the description. However, isolating single statements will not be effective.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm not thin. My movements aren't sharp, tense or jerky (but I wouldn't call myself the picture of grace, either). More importantly, I don't have severely upright posture.

However, I DO have a really hard time sitting still. I often find myself shifting positions, crossing and uncrossing my legs when I sit, fidgeting with objects in my hands (e.g. closing and opening a wallet rhythmically). I don't know if all ESTJs are like this, though.

With regard to the other type descriptions, I have zero faith in the facial structure descriptions. For example, my INFJ mom fits almost all the physical descriptions, while my INFJ friend fits none of them. (I also look a lot like my mom, which doesn't fit my type... but she's heavier than me, which fits hers.) Same with the INTP description. HOWEVER, unrelated to facial characteristics, the thing about INTPs speaking in a monotone is COMPLETELY TRUE! It's weird!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Hmm, (and Hmm!) I don't look at all like the INTJ description there. I don't have a single severe feature, and I'm certainly not thin or scrawny. I will concede that my normal expression is rather bloodless though. People often think I'm upset when my face is at rest.
    People at school used to ask me if I was angry even though I wasn't feeling angry at all, lol. And although people didn't particularly like talking to me (barring my few friends, of course), I never got made fun of or picked on...and I think that it may have been because I looked fairly intimidating.

Anyway, I think I translate over to the socionics INTj, and while I do have high cheekbones and a fairly angular (or wide-set) jaw, I don't know if I would characterize that as severe. And I'm not particularly scrawny. I do have stiff movements, though.

My friend, who is almost 100% INFJ, seems to fit the vague criteria for the type. But I see the descriptions as being almost so vague as to be useless.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Hmm, (and Hmm!) I don't look at all like the INTJ description there. I don't have a single severe feature, and I'm certainly not thin or scrawny. I will concede that my normal expression is rather bloodless though. People often think I'm upset when my face is at rest.
    Are you INTj or INTp though?

I think that the physical traits are irrelevant for one's type. I think that what gives more input about someone's type is their facial expressions, the look on their face, their gestures, etc.
    Seriusly, how did they came up with the fact the ENTJs have square shape figures?

They may be right about things like " ENFps often have a crafty look in their eyes. Sometimes, when they are inactive, their faces can have an astonished look about them.", but why is this only for slim ENFPs???? That's stupid.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

besides the fact that socionics tends to make horrible points like those, there is a link, though its not as obvious (yet not true) as those. there is a direct link between the human cognition and the body. like i always post when it comes to neuro/physiological links, read The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman. He links the 4 main neurotransmitters in the brain with the 4 keirsey temperaments.

Enjoy this quick overview. It should answer your question.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INxJ

I will concede that my normal expression is rather bloodless though. People often think I'm upset when my face is at rest.
    This happens to me too. I'm not mad or upset. It wastes my time when people ask me irrelevant questions. I fit INTJ physically. I have an oblong face shape. Most would consider that severe. Yet, I test as INTP in Socionics.

I don't think physical typing is all that accurate. Perhaps, expressions and mannerisms though.

MBTI
    ENTP

But, our physical characteristics are genetical. Which means if you're born in a family with long noses, you'll probably have a long nose. But if you're born in a family of SJ, you don't have to be a SJ. There are exceptions, but I think there will be more exceptions in inheriting type (for starters, I doubt you can 'inherit' type) than inheriting physical characteristics.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ENFJ

What's the type that paces like a caged animal whenever they're able to move freely?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    But, our physical characteristics are genetical.
    So is type, in theory.

And it's less about their literal appearance and more about the feel you get when you look at someone. And there really seems to be a connection.