• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your MBTI type and your Socionics type

Your MBTI type and your Socionics type

• I'm an INTP in MBTI and an INTp in Socionics

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I'm an INTP in MBTI and an INTj in Socionics

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I'm an INTJ in MBTI and an INTp in Socionics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an INTJ in MBTI and an INTj in Socionics

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm an ENTJ in MBTI and an ENTj in Socionics

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm an ENTJ in MBTI and an ENTp in Socionics (less likely)

• I'm an ENTP in MBTI and an ENTj in Socionics

• I'm an ENTP in MBTI and an ENTP in Socionics (less likely)

• I don't know because these types started to get confusing (in which we could help you)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

deleted
I am INTP in MBTI and an INTp in Socionics. I don't really understand MBTI anymore. The type profiling on some sites make a bit of sense, but more like asdfadsfasdfdsfasdfdasffdsdfasdf......So I want to see how people came out in both Socionics is cooool man.

I kept the answers simple. No extravert to introvert or visa versa.

And just in case you have something awesome to say... I'm going to say it for you instead:

:redherring:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't understand the difference [I'm a bit new]. I thought Socionics and MBTI were one and the same. The type descriptions for INTP for me are spot on and describe me very well. What's the difference?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Socionics and MBTI are quite different. The greatest difference is probably that socionics gives a reason function (that is F or T) to all IJ types as first or like they call it, leading function.

Besides that it represents a more thought through model of all 8 functions within one type. It for example says, if you primary function is "introverted Thinking", then "extroverted Thinking" is your ignoring function. What means, you make fun out of extroverted thinkers, because you think they do things wrong. What implies that you are somewhat adept at extroverted thinking, because otherwise it would not be possible to make fun out of it.

And that makes perfect sense, to justify the concept that an introverted thinker has less knowledge than an extroverted thinker of thinking and vice versa, does make no sense.

I dont see the point to the OP though. Therefore I wont answer. (I already did answer, didnt I ? well, :cheers:)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I just think it's funny that because you have NiTe in your type field, 19/20 people here will assume you're INTJ. Such is life.

Josephine

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm an INTJ according to MBTI, but I haven't been able to find a good test online to determine my socionics type. The only test I found used like three questions, which is unreliable. Can anybody recommend a test?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm an INTJ according to MBTI, but I haven't been able to find a good test online to determine my socionics type. The only test I found used like three questions, which is unreliable. Can anybody recommend a test?
there are tests at ₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪, and they're the only soc tests i'm aware of.

i recommend intertype relations as the most reliable way to determine type.

Josephine

MBTI Type
INTJ
It gave me INFP or INFJ after the first mode (the "yes" mode), then gave me INFJ after I had completed the whole thing. I'm not too surprised - when I was first introduced to MBTI, I debated with myself extensively about whether I was INTJ or INFJ, but I decided INTJ. I think I'm right on the border with T/F - I do feel things to a great degree, but I always use logic when it comes to actually making decisions (because I don't want to do anything stupid).

Jack Flak - what made you think so? Probably the signature?

ETA: Well I don't ALWAYS use logic (who does?), but the most important decisions in my life have been made using logic.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The signature was involved. I can't fully explain it though, my Intuition is out of control. Looks like there was some merit to it though!

Josephine

MBTI Type
INTJ
In wonder how MBTI and socionics correlates with enneagram types - I got a 5 on this enneagram test: (Enneagram Personality Type Indicator).

It was one of the most accurate descriptions of my personality that I've ever read. My second highest score was for the type 8, which was not as descriptive of me as the type 5. I think I read somewhere that a 5 on the enneagram correlates with INTJ, but I'm not sure.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
In wonder how MBTI and socionics correlates with enneagram types - I got a 5 on this enneagram test: (Enneagram Personality Type Indicator).

It was one of the most accurate descriptions of my personality that I've ever read. My second highest score was for the type 8, which was not as descriptive of me as the type 5. I think I read somewhere that a 5 on the enneagram correlates with INTJ, but I'm not sure.
Many INTPs are also 5s. I'm 5w4, for example.

I know of some INFJs who are 4w5. I don't know how common it is.

Josephine

MBTI Type
INTJ
I looked really quickly online, and I can't figure out what the "w" stands for - I only see the 9 different types. So what's the "w" and the second number?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I looked really quickly online, and I can't figure out what the "w" stands for - I only see the 9 different types. So what's the "w" and the second number?
It stands for wing, and it's your secondary type, I guess you could say. Has to be "next to" your main type.

I don't know much about enneagram though!

deleted
You're right. I should change it to plain INTP even though I don't understand why I have Ti *shrug*

I'm definitely not an MBTI INTJ.

Does Socionics or MBTI actually correlate with enneagram? I could never see how because enneagram has too many variables.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI types and Socionics types seem to be exactly the same, the only difference is the way they explain the functions. INxJs have Fi in Socionics, but it's not the same Fi as in MBTI, so it actually fits. When someone types differently in the two systems, I am tempted to think that they have mistyped in one of them, probably in MBTI. Or they are close to the 50 percent mark in whatever letter has changed.

This profile is spot on for me Ethical-Intuitive Intratim - INFj (The Empath). And the other Introvert profiles fit the Introverts I know as well.

deleted
It gave me INFP or INFJ after the first mode (the "yes" mode), then gave me INFJ after I had completed the whole thing. I'm not too surprised - when I was first introduced to MBTI, I debated with myself extensively about whether I was INTJ or INFJ, but I decided INTJ. I think I'm right on the border with T/F - I do feel things to a great degree, but I always use logic when it comes to actually making decisions (because I don't want to do anything stupid).

ETA: Well I don't ALWAYS use logic (who does?), but the most important decisions in my life have been made using logic.

You ought to read Socionics profiles now, especially at wikisocion. That place is superb.

MBTI types and Socionics types seem to be exactly the same, the only difference is the way they explain the functions. INxJs have Fi in Socionics, but it's not the same Fi as in MBTI, so it actually fits. When someone comes out to be two different types in the two systems, I am tempted to think that they have mistyped themself in one of them, probably in MBTI.

This profile is spot on for me Ethical-Intuitive Intratim - INFj (The Empath). And the other Introvert profiles fit the Introverts I know as well.

Socionics descriptions are top quality in my opinion. Nothing MBTI has really come close. MBTI and Socionics types are quite similar, but Soncs has organization to it and explains relationships to all functions in depth, giving real logical analysis and accuracy to their assumptions. MBTI isn't less of a science because of this, given that Soncs derived from it. MBTI just clashes more by denying a lot of facts. I have respect for both yet one is quite more methodical.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics descriptions are top quality in my opinion. Nothing MBTI has really come close. MBTI and Socionics types are quite similar, but Socionics has organization to it and explains relationships to all functions in depth, giving real logical analysis and accuracy to their assumptions. MBTI isn't less of a science because of this, given that Soc derived from it. I have respect for both yet one is quite more methodical.

I agree. The eight function breakdown is cool and quite accurate. I also think subtypes are pretty grand. But MBTI is more popular :D