User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Socionics

deleted

Question Socionics

Has their goal been from day one trying to change the personality type descriptions there? I tested and was described as an INFJ there, but other sites presume I'm an INFP. My friends who don't know much about MBTI say I'm definitely not a J, because they see little organization. I say it could go either way. My other, INFJ, friends aren't so organized either. Socionics "J" description fits me very well.

So what is really the deal going on there? Are they trying to merge types to make descriptions more open and classifications more accurate and follow their "dualty" theory? How about those darn physical descriptions?

What's your take on Socionics?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I like it, for the most part. The intertype relations are ace. Check this site out: Wikisocion home - Wikisocion

I'm INTp (ILI), naturally, so my prescribed function order is Ni-Te-Si-Fe, I think. As described, this order makes just as much sense as the MBTT's Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, which was a major reason for my development of that hybrid system.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Wow, the LII female description on that site is spot on. I like how they differentiated between males and females of the same type, as some of the most popular MBTI descriptions focus too much on things attributable to one gender without saying so (females for INFP, for one).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Wow, the LII female description on that site is spot on.
    Welcome to your INTj-dom.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

I like Socionics and thus far have found it very useful, even with the J/P switch.

Now, when it comes to inter-type relations on there, I stick with my ENTj and the other person's type, mainly because it hit me that regardless the relations would be the same after you switched the type. I.e. - INTP + ENTJ = mirror relations. But on Socionics it would actually be INTj+ENTp... still mirror relations. Bah.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

deleted

Can't say it's INTj-dom. I would call it LII-ness.

But I can't either say for sure.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Can't say it's INTj-dom. I would call it LII-ness.

But I can't say for sure.
    INTj is the "MBTI-style" notation for LII. It's the same thing.

INTJ is the actual MBTI type, and it is possible that a person is INTj and not INTJ, theoretically.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    I like Socionics and thus far have found it very useful, even with the J/P switch.

Now, when it comes to inter-type relations on there, I stick with my ENTj and the other person's type, mainly because it hit me that regardless the relations would be the same after you switched the type. I.e. - INTP + ENTJ = mirror relations. But on Socionics it would actually be INTj+ENTp... still mirror relations. Bah.
    No, because if you're using MBTI function order, the extroverts don't switch.

Intertype relations is the most perfect way to determine your Socionics type, in fact. It's how I am certain I'm ILI and not LII, as the actual descriptions are vague enough to overlap--As they probably should be.

deleted

Ok! I'm definitely an ILI. Thanks for the website. I never knew these descriptions were here.

And I quite agree with the format. I do have Ni. I've always thought I had it. That being said, I've always thought I had Fi as well. According to this theory, I do.

This ILI description makes me sound like a calculator, and that I need to be inspired from without, such as given numbers. This is Te?

So Jack, Te no longer stands for structure? Where can I find the best description of the functions?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I thought you said you were F.