• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics

deleted
Has their goal been from day one trying to change the personality type descriptions there? I tested and was described as an INFJ there, but other sites presume I'm an INFP. My friends who don't know much about MBTI say I'm definitely not a J, because they see little organization. I say it could go either way. My other, INFJ, friends aren't so organized either. Socionics "J" description fits me very well.

So what is really the deal going on there? Are they trying to merge types to make descriptions more open and classifications more accurate and follow their "dualty" theory? How about those darn physical descriptions?

What's your take on Socionics?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I like it, for the most part. The intertype relations are ace. Check this site out: Wikisocion home - Wikisocion

I'm INTp (ILI), naturally, so my prescribed function order is Ni-Te-Si-Fe, I think. As described, this order makes just as much sense as the MBTT's Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, which was a major reason for my development of that hybrid system.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow, the LII female description on that site is spot on. I like how they differentiated between males and females of the same type, as some of the most popular MBTI descriptions focus too much on things attributable to one gender without saying so (females for INFP, for one).

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
I like Socionics and thus far have found it very useful, even with the J/P switch.

Now, when it comes to inter-type relations on there, I stick with my ENTj and the other person's type, mainly because it hit me that regardless the relations would be the same after you switched the type. I.e. - INTP + ENTJ = mirror relations. But on Socionics it would actually be INTj+ENTp... still mirror relations. Bah.

deleted
Can't say it's INTj-dom. I would call it LII-ness.

But I can't either say for sure.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Can't say it's INTj-dom. I would call it LII-ness.

But I can't say for sure.
INTj is the "MBTI-style" notation for LII. It's the same thing.

INTJ is the actual MBTI type, and it is possible that a person is INTj and not INTJ, theoretically.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I like Socionics and thus far have found it very useful, even with the J/P switch.

Now, when it comes to inter-type relations on there, I stick with my ENTj and the other person's type, mainly because it hit me that regardless the relations would be the same after you switched the type. I.e. - INTP + ENTJ = mirror relations. But on Socionics it would actually be INTj+ENTp... still mirror relations. Bah.
No, because if you're using MBTI function order, the extroverts don't switch.

Intertype relations is the most perfect way to determine your Socionics type, in fact. It's how I am certain I'm ILI and not LII, as the actual descriptions are vague enough to overlap--As they probably should be.

deleted
Ok! I'm definitely an ILI. Thanks for the website. I never knew these descriptions were here.

And I quite agree with the format. I do have Ni. I've always thought I had it. That being said, I've always thought I had Fi as well. According to this theory, I do.

This ILI description makes me sound like a calculator, and that I need to be inspired from without, such as given numbers. This is Te?

So Jack, Te no longer stands for structure? Where can I find the best description of the functions?

deleted
Apparently not according to these socionics profiles. MBTI feeler, socionics "logic." Quite rare accordance I presume.

Any links for socionics functions?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Apparently not according to these socionics profiles. MBTI feeler, socionics "logic." Quite rare accordance I presume.
I'll go out on a limb and say that's not the case. You're probably INFj, EII I think.

Any links for socionics functions?
They use the Jungian functions just as MBTI does, but as I've said many times, the function descriptions are tied to the types, and distorted.

deleted
EII is the first thing I read, and it wasn't working out for me. I could go into fine excruciating detail why each personality profile besides ILI is not working out for me.

ILI is yes the closest. In every aspect of physical appearance, beliefs, functions and tendencies the author revealed.

I found tons of links from there. Thanks for the initial.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
EII is the first thing I read, and it wasn't working out for me.

ILI is yes the closest.
There's basically no way you're both INFx under MBTI and ILI under socionics. And the fact that you don't realize this makes me think you're either very young, or are in fact not ILI.

deleted
There's basically no way you're both INFx under MBTI and ILI under socionics. And the fact that you don't realize this makes me think you're either very young, or are in fact not ILI.

Ok! I'm not an F. I lied. I've always been an INTP. :devil:

I'm not "old" though. I generally discuss INFP and INFJ because I know that would be a profile nobody cared about.

You still don't believe me...?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ok! I'm not an F. I lied. I've always been an INTP. :devil:

I'm not "old" though. I generally discussed INFP and INFJ because I knew that would be a profile nobody cared about.
I'm skeptical of your supposed ruse, surely. And do you have any idea how many INFPs and INFJs are on this site? A few, I'll tell ya.

deleted
Directionless. Are these new functions you made or do they refer to the original functions? Iow, what page are the definitions located?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Directionless. Are these new functions you made or do they refer to the original functions? Iow, what page are the definitions located?
They're short definitions, but they're in the first post. They're basically Jungian functions, with the e and i components combined because the difference was always too muddy in my book, and stripped down to the bare essentials. Jung was a wordy mothertrucker.