User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default My thoughts on the I phone

So the I phone came out today and everybody is so excited to get their hands on this 600 dollar piece of junk. I don't understand it what is so great about it?

First, it doesn't do anything that a pocket pc can do better, so therefore it doesn't address any needs that the consumer can't get elsewhere for a better price without being forced to have a certain provider.

Second, it barely functions according to most reviews, so why stand in line for something that isn't even going to work well when you do get it? At least the wii, xbox 360, and playstation 3 worked when they came out.

Third, the touch screen, how is this a good idea for the phone portion? The buttons on some cell phones are so small you can barely use them without accidentally hitting the wrong one, a touch screen is going to be worse due to the fact that the buttons will be even closer together, causing dialing nightmares the like of which haven't been seen ever.

The storage on it is only 8gb at most? What person in their right mind only needs 8gb of storage for their media? Most good Ipods have about 20-60gb and they cost hundreds less than the Iphone.

The Iphone is just another gadget that no one actually needs and is nothing more than a status symbol, the genius of Apple isn't in their technology of the phone but in the marketing of an absolute piece of shit, similar to what they did with the Imac (Icrap), produce a substandard gadget that doesn't do anything well, and then market it like it is the best thing since sliced bread.

The Iphone is something I expect to see at a store like The Sharper Image next to an electric nose hair trimmer and the Ionic hepa filters, not in a legitimate electronics store, next to Pocket PC's made by Toshiba, Hitachi and Audiovox.
    Question everything especially yourself.

Opivy1980

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Cell phones are really no more than a status symbol, even though most people, besides me, have them these days. Still, people still seem to have this thought that they're "important people" by showing off their cell phones.

Apple hasn't come up with a true innovation since their computer interface, which was greatly expanded upon by Microsoft.

And I'm going to tell you something about the Wii. The thing is retarded -- the only thing cool about it is the controller, but why can't the system technology itself be next-gen like Xbox 360 or PoS3? I'm telling you, Japan is taking over this country -- WWII never ended, we must exterminate these Japs.

Sony PoS3 is another Japanese "innovation" that is such an illogical waste. The graphics on the system are no better than Xbox 360, and the thing came out a year later to avoid competition with Microsoft. Sure, it's worth it for the Blu-Ray player, but why can't standalone Blu-Ray players be a couple hundred bucks less instead of a couple hundred bucks more?

But back on topic, I agree that iPhone is such a waste. All these new technologies are just stupid -- who wants to watch a DVD on a tiny 5" screen? And these new gadgets are an ergonomic nightmare. Big deal, they fit into your pocket, but they'll also give you carpotunnel.

And the idea of a car TV in the front seat is so disturbing -- like we don't have enough bad drivers anyway...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And the idea of a car TV in the front seat is so disturbing -- like we don't have enough bad drivers anyway...
    I've seen plenty of cars with TV's for the driver and passengers; What's even more interesting are some of the things that we've seen playing in the low-riders or tricked up SUV's with the extreme tinted windows. (They don't think of the video bleeding through so that people outside can see.) Not only is the driver distracted by the cell-phone in one hand (haven't they heard of headsets????) and the TV on the other, they're also distracted by the XXX rated content of the movie they're playing for themselves, their buddies, and probably the kiddies in the back.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Cell phones are really no more than a status symbol, even though most people, besides me, have them these days. Still, people still seem to have this thought that they're "important people" by showing off their cell phones.

Apple hasn't come up with a true innovation since their computer interface, which was greatly expanded upon by Microsoft.

And I'm going to tell you something about the Wii. The thing is retarded -- the only thing cool about it is the controller, but why can't the system technology itself be next-gen like Xbox 360 or PoS3? I'm telling you, Japan is taking over this country -- WWII never ended, we must exterminate these Japs.

Sony PoS3 is another Japanese "innovation" that is such an illogical waste. The graphics on the system are no better than Xbox 360, and the thing came out a year later to avoid competition with Microsoft. Sure, it's worth it for the Blu-Ray player, but why can't standalone Blu-Ray players be a couple hundred bucks less instead of a couple hundred bucks more?

But back on topic, I agree that iPhone is such a waste. All these new technologies are just stupid -- who wants to watch a DVD on a tiny 5" screen? And these new gadgets are an ergonomic nightmare. Big deal, they fit into your pocket, but they'll also give you carpotunnel.

At least the wii actually was something new, and it hasn't yet realized its potential yet I will agree with that. As far as the xbox 360 and ps3 get a computer they're better and cheaper than these supposed "next gen" systems that cost way too much. Can anybody say Neo Geo? As far as blue ray, its doa consider it the laser disc.

Cell phones in general are a good invention, even if they are extremely annoying most of the time, but the Iphone is just a piece of shit.

Apple has done some good things since their interface, particularly the new Macs the G5's and soon G6's these are real computers not marketed to the masses. However Apple seems intent on destroying their computer cred by continuing to cater to the lowest common denominator, the average american. Anyone who is stupid enough to pay for music at a dollar a song and thinks watching video on something 2" wide is a worthy endeavor, is somebody who will love the Iphone (which along with Icrap will now be referred to as Iphuk). However anyone who actually uses their phones for something important like I don't know making phone calls, should get a real cell phone made by real cell phone company. If they want good internet use with it too then get a pocket pc, from one of the many manufacturers that sell them for a couple hundred less than the Iphuk.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sdalek View Post
    I've seen plenty of cars with TV's for the driver and passengers; What's even more interesting are some of the things that we've seen playing in the low-riders or tricked up SUV's with the extreme tinted windows. (They don't think of the video bleeding through so that people outside can see.) Not only is the driver distracted by the cell-phone in one hand (haven't they heard of headsets????) and the TV on the other, they're also distracted by the XXX rated content of the movie they're playing for themselves, their buddies, and probably the kiddies in the back.
    When they die in car crashes that will be evolution in action.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

On the off chance that some unenlightened idiot gives one of you guys an iPhone as a crappy, insulting gift, I volunteer to take it off your hands. I'd like a chance to play with one. If nothing else, it's pretty, like any self-respecting Apple product.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    On the off chance that some unenlightened idiot gives one of you guys an iPhone as a crappy, insulting gift, I volunteer to take it off your hands. I'd like a chance to play with one. If nothing else, it's pretty, like any self-respecting Apple product.
    I would destroy it out of principle, I wouldn't want you to be contaminated by its Iphukiness.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Opivy1980 View Post
    I would destroy it out of principle, I wouldn't want you to be contaminated by its Iphukiness.
    Too late. *Looks lovingly at Mac Mini and happily anticipates listening to the next chapter of Seventh Son on Nano*
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISFJ

From what I've seen on the pictures and all, the touch-screen interface on the iPhone is kinda neat and I wouldn't mind seeing a phone-less version come out to compare its functionality to either a Compaq iPaq or Dell Axim. I would not want it as a phone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Opivy1980 View Post
    At least the wii actually was something new, and it hasn't yet realized its potential yet I will agree with that. As far as the xbox 360 and ps3 get a computer they're better and cheaper than these supposed "next gen" systems that cost way too much. Can anybody say Neo Geo? As far as blue ray, its doa consider it the laser disc.
    Yes, I agree that computers are better, and a decent video card to play next-gen games probably costs about $100 less than a 360. The problem is when console games are lazily ported to the PC -- and there are some reasonably good console games out there that haven't come out for the PC.

I prefer to play first-person shooters on the PC -- the numerous buttons to press on the keyboard give me more freedom. However, I prefer to play free-roaming games like Grand Theft Auto on the console, mainly because they come out on the console six months before they're ported to PC.

The main reason I bought an Xbox 360 was so that I'd be able to play Grand Theft Auto IV right when it comes out. And I bought some other free roaming games for it, such as Saints Row and Crackdown, both of which were great (though Crackdown could've used more storyline).