User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Best Laptop

MBTI
    ISTJ

Default Best Laptop

Which is better: Dell or HP?

I really want a coloured Dell, but not if it's no good.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    istp

apples and oranges... what are you looking to get out of a laptop, exactly?

MBTI
    ISTJ

I'm horribly technologically challenged. I don't really want it for something specific, just tired of using a work pc or someone else's laptop. Even if it's for basic stuff only, I do NOT want to buy junk. I'm willing to pay extra for something that won't give in after six months.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Then don't buy dell. HP or Acer. Dell is useless shit, and they have crappy support.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISTJ

Oh rly! Ahhh, I'm dissapointed, I don't think you get nice coloured HP or Acer's like Dell have. I have't checked though, might be wrong.

Thank you.

MBTI
    istp

okay, so correct me if im wrong, youre looking for something that reliable and meets your needs. those purposes are very similar to what a lot of large businesses need for their employees... and what they have chosen have been vested through a lot of research.

this was my thinking, so i looked at what a lot of enterprises favor and went with an IBM lenova, it has been exactly what i expected. they have a reputation for being tough (they do also have magnesium frame bodies available) and reliable, even if they arent particularly flashy or "fun". the performance certainly isnt lacking either.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Goodness...I've never even heard of that, but thanks.

MBTI
    ISTJ

er...I'm not a large bussiness though...I'm just a girl who wants a pink laptop.

MBTI
    istp

i know, but what i am saying is... why not take a hint from "the people who know better"?

businesses put a lot of thought into cost effectiveness, when it comes to technology a huge part of this is reliability and longevity. these decisions, at least with something like which laptop brand to use for employee laptops, are then vetted through hundreds if not thousands of trials. let's say 6% of HP laptops have a hard drive crash after 2 years, while only 4% of IBMs, that would be a difference of hundreds of units across a large business, something that the support department would definitely notice.

edit: sorry if im pounding your "just wanna pink laptop" into a pulp, but a few years from now id rather you be a girl with a pink laptop, rather than a girl with a pink laptop and 200 Gb of lost storage, or girl sending her pink laptop in for repair every few months. there is nothing cute about having your crap break after the warranty expires

edit2: i take my technology a bit too seriously

edit3: all of this is in reference vs. consumer targeted models, by the way.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have an HP laptop. I've had it for about 10 months and it's working amazingly. Even when it stopped working last week, it repaired itself! (Only error it's ever had.) I was surprised. I was so scared that I would have to go to get it fixed, like with another one of my laptops which I couldn't fix myself. But I didn't.

I have the HP Pavillion dv6000. They probably have better models out now, but I love this laptop! It even has a remote control and now their laptops come in an environmentally friendly laptop carrier instead of cardboard and styrofoam packaging

I'm not sure about Dells, but we had those at school and they weren't anything special. They had errors a few time too.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.