Banned
    MBTI
    type

You're an artist, Uber, shut up.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    A few marker drawings in my profile does not make me an artist.

I haven't touched Photoshop since Version 5.5, and that was only casual. I just didn't get how to use it. Too much of a learning curve that I was too impatient with.

If I were going to manipulate a photo, I'd much rather direct someone else to do it.
    Good point. But then I'd have to pay them, and I'd much rather do it myself - being a poor teacher 'n' all.

Hey, wow, ber, you have some really neat art work! Did you study art, or is it just a hobby?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

hmm... yes I think finding a moderately priced software( Photoshop Elements apparently) would be your best bet. There are routes you could take to download those softwares with code generators but it is quite complex at least to explain(I'd need to get my S on and just do it myself, hard to explain).

It seems like you want to sort of build up at your own pace till you gain proficiency or at least are able to express yourself as you see fit so I would think it wise to invest in or at least research more robust software than most of the Freeware offered.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Good point. But then I'd have to pay them, and I'd much rather do it myself - being a poor teacher 'n' all.
    Not necessarily.

You can always threaten them with something and then they'll do it for free!

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Photoshop Elements costs around $99 I think, and it has all the features you could ever want for amateur applications like the ones you describe.
    Hey, that's great!

Just out of curiosity, what does CS3/4 have that photoshop elements does not? If it is nothing that is all that great, then I think the elements would be good.

I did my research, but I honestly don't know if I need everything CS3/4 has to offer. I'm thinking no....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Not necessarily.

You can always threaten to nuke their dog in the microwave and then they'll do it for free!

(But don't actually act upon that, because it's not nice to hurt dogs.)
    Hahaha - I guess you think it's important to put that little caveat in there because I'm an ENFP, right?

MBTI
    xNFP

So with elements I could change the background (i.e. perform layering techniques)? Right? Or correct subtle errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    So with elements I could change the background (i.e. perform layering techniques)? Right? Or correct subtle errors?
    Absolutely. Elements is basically Photoshop for "normal people". It supports layers, although the pro features of Photoshop are not included in Elements. Honestly, I have Photoshop CS2, and while I enjoy many of the features, there are a good deal of them that I have not explored and I still can do anything I have wanted to do. Elements is a very good value.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I have Paint Shop Pro 9, couple years old, and I'm no pro so it does everything I'd ever want with photos. I think you can get that for Mac (Though a newer version, and I don't know how different). Would probably be cheaper than $100.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I have Paint Shop Pro 9, couple years old, and I'm no pro so it does everything I'd ever want with photos. I think you can get that for Mac (Though a newer version, and I don't know how different). Would probably be cheaper than $100.
    Hey, cool, thanks I'll have a peak at it!