• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RSS and Wiki in plain language

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
If anyone has ever wondered what RSS and Wiki are, Common Craft has a couple of short videos explaining these two technologies.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm still looking for a good RSS addin for WordPress. That simple RSS is okay but I'd like more formatting options.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Is this an RSS aggregator you're looking for? Or RSS generator? (I can't recall.) What kind of formatting? Have you asked at the WordPress forum?

You may have to learn PHP and CSS yourself to do what you want. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Aggregator and no I'm not touching CSS nor any internet based programming for fear of going postal on the nearest centre of programmers. It's not their fault but the language and philosophy with which they deal can send me murderous in a very short space of time. No frickin logic and so self referential as to make the most arrogant of people seem a benevolent and wise master.

Oh and no I didn't ask on the WordPress forums. I'm trying to cut down ;)

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Your supposed to be the refreshing pool of geekyness!! You keep subcontracting!! Get back to work!

;)

There's a saying about "can't step into the same stream twice." I think it's appropriate here, too. :)