• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mole

Permabanned
OK Barb, I have rung your number successfully. And I have received the message, "User not online".

So you need to go online or allow me to see you online.

But so far, so good.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I could too. But nothing else when I answered it.

My machine is pretty jammed up with a lot of windows which I'll need to close.

But when I ran the sound check the computer told me my voice wan't coming through.

Speakers are on.

Mole

Permabanned
Chat is working between us on Skype. All we need to do is turn on sound.

The only thing I can think of is that I have the latest Skype. But it should be backwards compatible.

I have used Skype to talk to a friend in Australia. So my sound is working.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I see I don't have any little green and white thingy under my avatar.

Do I need to do somethng at my MBTI control panel?

Mole

Permabanned
I see I don't have any little green and white thingy under my avatar.

Do I need to do somethng at my MBTI control panel?

Sure, you need to turn Skype on in your MBTI control panel.

Mole

Permabanned
You are ringing but not answering. You may need to give permission on Skype for me, shortus, to ring you.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Okay. I've got my Skype enabled and everything's cranked so I don't know what elee to do. Bummer.

Mole

Permabanned
I've just seen myself on video and I look a dork. I know it is hard to believe but I come across better in text on MBTI.

You know how hard I find it to communicate here so you can just imagine what I look like on video.

I think I need an image consultant and a fashion consultant and yes, even a therapist.

I thought video would be easy but it is very unforgiving.

I am so used to being forgiven here that I don't know if I can handle video.

I could just scream.

Mole

Permabanned
Scream and then nestle among us.

Actually I am finding this video thing a bit scary 'cause I am starting to realise for it to work, I will have to act - I will have to become an actor.

I don't know why this puts me off as I am mildly exhibitionist and I thought acting would be a cinch.

I don't know why but perhaps when you start acting, it is hard to know the difference between acting and being yourself.

I mean that after a while I forget that the people on TV are acting. So perhaps I would as well.

But this seems to be the way the world rolls. Do I want to roll with it or do I want to continue as a critic?

This is an unresolved problem for me as I spend quite a bit of time on the internet and now it's turning video.

And I find it an uncomfortable problem.

But thank you for your reply. It is as understanding and deep as you usually are.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
One of my favourite things about you is that I see both sides of your hand. And rather than standing back to back in defiance - each side works together.

And even if I wanted to read just the palm, you will show me your hand. And in time, I will not only thank you for it, but it will help me grow.

They say acting is like pretending. And you love pretending. But a good actor doesn't pretend, they become. I wouldn't take the part when I can experience the whole.

Maybe I'm being selfish. Someone tried to get into our house today, and they have left a mist of paranoia. I'm never quite certain of who is climbing our stairs. To nestle with Ted would help me feel safe, but all the while, Ted could be planting courage and compassion. This would help me feel happy.

Mole

Permabanned
Skype 4

If you have a PC, do download Skype 4 for free and make free phone calls, free video calls, free text messages and free fax, anywhere in the world.

Skype 4 is a superb version.

Type in my Skype name, shortus, and have a chat.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've just seen myself on video and I look a dork. I know it is hard to believe but I come across better in text on MBTI.

You know how hard I find it to communicate here so you can just imagine what I look like on video.

I think I need an image consultant and a fashion consultant and yes, even a therapist.

I thought video would be easy but it is very unforgiving.

I am so used to being forgiven here that I don't know if I can handle video.

I could just scream.

haha!! i know the feeling! video is hard to watch!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't use skype yet...maybe i'll look into it.

wolfy

awsm
Skype is great. I use it to talk to my family back in NZ. I have to reinstall it on this PC I just got it fixed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you know if it works on mac? probably yeah?