• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mbti and CRISPR

Mole

Permabanned
We can now accurately and cheaply alter the traits of animals, and plants by altering the genome.

The way we alter the genome so accurately is called CHRISPR, and we are starting to alter the genome of humans for medical therapy, and to increase athletic ability, or memory, or concentration, or any other trait.

But ask a geneticist if we can alter the traits mentioned in mbti, and they will laugh at us. And they laugh at us for the same reason astronomers laugh at us, if we ask them about astrology.

And geneticist will laugh at us because mbti doesn't measure traits, mbti is fantasy, quite like astrology. And CHRISPR can't alter fantasy, in fact the idea is silly.

á´…eparted

passages
Of all the criticism's of MBTI that you've had over the years (and some do hold a bit of weight) this has to the the laziest, most obtuse reaching comparison I have seen you make :laugh:. You're essentially trying to compare the east India current to a brick; there is no relation or conclusions to be had. If you're going to fire and brimstone all of us, at least put some weight behind it?

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What would you want to alter about MBTI? Would you like to eliminate all SJs from existence or something like that? MBTI is all about preferences. It would be like asking a genetic engineer if it was possible to remove people's liking for strawberry ice cream. Be more realistic.

Mole

Permabanned
Mbti and Ressentiment

What would you want to alter about MBTI? Would you like to eliminate all SJs from existence or something like that? MBTI is all about preferences. It would be like asking a genetic engineer if it was possible to remove people's liking for strawberry ice cream. Be more realistic.

Mbti purports to be a measure of psychological types, but it is not. It is a cult, not based on evidence and reason, but based on faith.

And it is an American cult because America is based on ideology, where by contrast, my country is based on history, allowing me an objective view of America.

America is full of cults, none based on evidence and reason, but based on faith. And so Americans will not elect their President, unless he is man of faith.

And the telltale sign of a cult is ressentiment. And ressentiment us stirred here on any sign of critical or original thinking.

We have known about ressentiment for a long time and ressentiment forms part of Western philosophy, click on http://www.mercaba.org/SANLUIS/Filosofia/autores/Contemporánea/Scheller/Ressentiment.pdf

And mbti is a cult informed by ressentiment.

Mole

Permabanned
Of all the criticism's of MBTI that you've had over the years (and some do hold a bit of weight) this has to the the laziest, most obtuse reaching comparison I have seen you make :laugh:. You're essentially trying to compare the east India current to a brick; there is no relation or conclusions to be had. If you're going to fire and brimstone all of us, at least put some weight behind it?

CHRISPR is a truely major advance in biology, so we can expect it to throw light in unexpected ways and unexpected places.

And as CHRISPR allows us to change our traits easily and cheaply, we would expect it to throw light on mbti, which is ostensibly about traits.

And it is true, if we ask any geneticist if we can use CHRISPR to change mbti traits, they will laugh at us, because mbti only fantasises about traits, and CHRISPR cannot change fantasy traits, only real traits.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mbti purports to be a measure of psychological types, but it is not. It is a cult, not based on evidence and reason, but based on faith.

And it is an American cult because America is based on ideology, where by contrast, my country is based on history, allowing me an objective view of America.

America is full of cults, none based on evidence and reason, but based on faith. And so Americans will not elect their President, unless he is man of faith.

And the telltale sign of a cult is ressentiment. And ressentiment us stirred here on any sign of critical or original thinking.

We have known about ressentiment for a long time and ressentiment forms part of Western philosophy, click on http://www.mercaba.org/SANLUIS/Filosofia/autores/Contemporánea/Scheller/Ressentiment.pdf

And mbti is a cult informed by ressentiment.

Lol you know nothing about the US. I'm not American but I can tell you you're wrong. The US is the best country in the world and I dream of being American one day.

Mole

Permabanned
Lol you know nothing about the US. I'm not American but I can tell you you're wrong. The US is the best country in the world and I dream of being American one day.

America is the best country in the world, and they tell us they have the best sense of humour in the world, without a trace of irony.

á´…eparted

passages
You do not understand what you're talking about, and are making wildly inappropriate extensions of the science. By the way, it's CRISPR, not "CHRISPR".

Mole

Permabanned
You do not understand what you're talking about, and are making wildly inappropriate extensions of the science. By the way, it's CRISPR, not "CHRISPR".

Thank you for the correction: yes it is CRISPR.

I do notice though you have been attacking me personally for a long time, such as above where you say You do not understand what you're talking about.

It is plain you have an irrational animus towards me. And I don't expect this to change.

á´…eparted

passages
Thank you for the correction: yes it is CRISPR.

I do notice though you have been attacking me personally for a long time, such as above where you say You do not understand what you're talking about.

It is plain you have an irrational animus towards me. And I don't expect this to change.

Yes, I hate you guts, and you know this and you know why. Doesn't change the fact that you don't understand what CRISPR is or does. If you want to know more watch this, and stop trying to extrapolate off it's capabilities. Unless you highly educated in the scientific areas around it, then you can't properly do that. I'm highly educated in science and I don't extrapolate much off CRISPR because my education in that exact area is not at a high enough level.

Leave things to the experts.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, I hate you guts.

Yes, it is important for you to say you hate my guts. It brings things into perspective. I would like to response emotionally in kind, but I don't share your feelings. I would suggest you keep on hating my guts, and even elaborate your hatred further, see how far it can take you, see what insights it can confer, and see how many friends you can gather around you to hate my guts.