• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

rs1800759 and agreeableness

bradly22

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello and welcome. I did not know if this was the right place to discuss personality genetics so here we go. According to my Promethease report there is a connection between rs1800759 and agreeableness. Here is the rundown: rs1800759 (A;A) - risk of alcohol dependence; increased agreeableness, rs1800759 (A;C) - normal; increased agreeableness, rs1800759 (C;C) - normal.

Mine is rs1800759 (C;C) - normal. This indicates that I have less agreeableness than the rest of the population. Any comments would be welcome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello and welcome. I did not know if this was the right place to discuss personality genetics so here we go. According to my Promethease report there is a connection between rs1800759 and agreeableness. Here is the rundown: rs1800759 (A;A) - risk of alcohol dependence; increased agreeableness, rs1800759 (A;C) - normal; increased agreeableness, rs1800759 (C;C) - normal.

Mine is rs1800759 (C;C) - normal. This indicates that I have less agreeableness than the rest of the population. Any comments would be welcome.

Not sure if you typed that correctly. What you said (with line breaks based on your punctuaion):

- rs1800759 (A;A) - risk of alcohol dependence;
- increased agreeableness, rs1800759 (A;C) - normal;
- increased agreeableness, rs1800759 (C;C) - normal

It looks like you have increased agreeableness and are normal, so why would you say you have less agreeableness? Or did you misgroup the adjectives?

Also, I would look at the studies they derived this from. (I think the Promethease page for each genetic marker will sometimes mentions the reports? It's been awhile since I looked at mine.) Sometimes the differences are slim/minor at best in the study, and you have so many genes that could impact a broad trait like "agreeableness" that you can't really say that you are noticeably more agreeable or less just because of one particular genetic combination. Also, "agreeableness" can be impacted based on environment and upbringing.

That again is the difficulty in using these kinds of reports to determine your health risks or traits. You can have a bunch of various genes that would nudge you one way and other genes that nudge you back towards the middle or to the other side. Gotta think big picture.