• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Hawking - How does he stay Alive?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stephen Hawking is about 74 years old. He has early-onset ALS and I think it was diagnosed when he was 21 years old.

He should have been dead a long time ago.

I understand how he communicates, basically, with a single cheek muscle. But what keeps him alive? Do they put him in an oxygen chamber at night? Or do they use the Darth Vader method?

ldvader1.jpg

All responses are welcome.

He's learned to convert stupidity into life energy. His minions grab the average citizen once a month and bring them to a lab. Once there the victim is hooked up to a machine that feeds them their regular diet of top 40 music, reality tv, and celebrity news and the essence of their stupidity, now converted into an invigorating liquid, is transferred into Steven via his wheelchair. The withered husk of the victims is then sold to McDonalds to be processed as chicken McNuggets.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's learned to convert stupidity into life energy. His minions grab the average citizen once a month and bring them to a lab. Once there the victim is hooked up to a machine that feeds them their regular diet of top 40 music, reality tv, and celebrity news and the essence of their stupidity, now converted into an invigorating liquid, is transferred into Steven via his wheelchair.

That of course would be an average British citizen. But I'm just having a hard time believing you unless you state that aliens are abducting humans to keep Hawking alive.

That of course would be an average British citizen. But I'm just having a hard time believing you unless you state that aliens are abducting humans to keep Hawking alive.

If I admitted to alien involvement they'd sell me to McDonald's and I'd be Nuggetized. Duh. Oh shit!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
It does seem remarkable. Does anyone have the stats on the average life expectancy of someone with ALS? I'm guessing that he has a strong will to live.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes it does. Try reading it.

The author is speculating. And he says outright that he has not done an exam on Hawking. He speculates on the basis that some ALS victims are spared the entire effects of the disease on the respiratory system and swallowing. But he doesn't know if that's the case with Hawking.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The author is speculating. And he says outright that he has not done an exam on Hawking. He speculates on the basis that some ALS victims are spared the entire effects of the disease on the respiratory system and swallowing. But he doesn't know if that's the case with Hawking.

SH's doctors don't know either. How would they? Think about it. Think hard.

How would they find out exactly how he is still alive?

Even an autopsy wouldn't tell them.

But of course, if you don't get the exact answer to your questions, the natural next step is obviously to go on an anonymous message board for advice.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SH's doctors don't know either. How would they? Think about it. Think hard.

How would they find out exactly how he is still alive?

Even an autopsy wouldn't tell them.

But of course, if you don't get the exact answer to your questions, the natural next step is obviously to go on an anonymous message board for advice.

Who says that SH's doctors don't know? Who says they will need to autopsy him (preferably after death) to find the reason?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
He's learned to convert stupidity into life energy. His minions grab the average citizen once a month and bring them to a lab. Once there the victim is hooked up to a machine that feeds them their regular diet of top 40 music, reality tv, and celebrity news and the essence of their stupidity, now converted into an invigorating liquid, is transferred into Steven via his wheelchair. The withered husk of the victims is then sold to McDonalds to be processed as chicken McNuggets.

This is the most INFP thing I have read in ages, and my boyfriend is an INFP. Well done.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does Stephen Hawking eat? How does he eat it?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does Stephen Hawking wear Depends?

ian1989

He has awesome doctors, that's first thing. Second, he probably loves his life. I mean, yeah, he is paralyzed, but he is extrardinary scientists, and that is his passion. He is probably a happy man.
By the way, he talked at web summit in Lisbon about AI, and how will it affect on humanity.. will it help us, or destroy us.
Stephen Hawking speaking at web summit

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This reminds me of a really old Onion article from the late 90s (for some reason it wouldn't let me share the link) about Hawking building an exoskeleton suit. It talks about him being able to look at subatomic particles, fly into black holes, and battle enemy supervillains :laugh: