User Tag List

First 123 Last

My vanilla flavored vape tastes like chocolatey and yummy biscotti but every chocolate flavored vape I've tried tastes like stale tootsie rolls.

Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by There View Post
    Why does everything taste like chicken except for chicken nuggets?
    Perhaps we are in the Matrix and the robots messed up. The only thing that really is chicken are those scary little nuggets. The chicken taste in everything else is the amalgamation of every food flavor but chicken.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.
    Likes There, Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Why does almond extract smell and taste like cherries more than cherries smell and taste like cherries?

WELL, SCIENCE???
    I can't seem to find any information on the oderant constituents of almond oil, but I can speculate some.

By and large, most oil extracts of nuts, fruits, flowers, etc. contain a consistent group of molecules called terpenes (limonene, pinene, linalool, and many others) in varying levels. In many cases these varying levels plays a minor but significant part of the overall oder. It's possible that these are rather close between almonds and cherries,

Just don't go eating or smelling bitter almonds as they contain hydrogen cyanide (which incidentally smells like almonds).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Cat Brainz, Peter Deadpan, JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Perhaps we are in the Matrix and the robots messed up. The only thing that really is chicken are those scary little nuggets. The chicken taste in everything else is the amalgamation of every food flavor but chicken.
    *dies*

MBTI
    I_FP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I can't seem to find any information on the oderant constituents of almond oil, but I can speculate some.

By and large, most oil extracts of nuts, fruits, flowers, etc. contain a consistent group of molecules called terpenes (limonene, pinene, linalool, and many others) in varying levels. In many cases these varying levels plays a minor but significant part of the overall oder. It's possible that these are rather close between almonds and cherries,

Just don't go eating or smelling bitter almonds as they contain hydrogen cyanide (which incidentally smells like almonds).
    I knew you wouldn't let me down.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by There View Post
    Why does everything taste like chicken except for chicken nuggets?
    Chicken nuggets don't exist. They're made of some kind of other animal. Srsly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken View Post
    Chicken nuggets don't exist. They're made of some kind of other animal. Srsly.
    Actually I'm not even sure that they're made of any kind of animal.
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes Nørrsken liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Why does almond extract smell and taste like cherries more than cherries smell and taste like cherries?

WELL, SCIENCE???
    You are so right. There is so much science doesn't know, and every day science discovered more things they don't know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    You are so right. There is so much science doesn't know, and every day science discovered more things they don't know.
    That's the most awesome thing about science imo. Knowing everything is boring. But puzzles to solve, new ways to discover, wonders that seem impossible... gimme.