• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Solar Eclipse - August 21, 2017

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha, I just snagged a pair of NASA glasses. A friend here had two that he got from a NASA employee.

The lenses are some kind of reflective foil material and when you put them on, you can't see anything.. they feel completely opaque. But I guess the sun is the only thing that is visible through them.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live under the totality path :D

So awesome. I live in the South Puget Sound area so I'll get about 93-95% with clear skies! :D

It'll be starting in about 15 minutes.

Oh! And doing the selfie-mode thingy, too. Thanks for that! My SO and I tried to get some yesterday at a library. Even thought we were early, the line was wrapped around the block.

Somebody was selling them in the parking lot last night for $50!!! :shock:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So jealous of you guys. The one time I was anywhere near a solar eclipse many years ago (and my city was in the path of totality too!!!) it was completely overcast all day. I wish all of you better luck. Enjoy your thing.

Starry

So awesome. I live in the South Puget Sound area so I'll get about 93-95% with clear skies! :D

It'll be starting in about 15 minutes.

Oh! And doing the selfie-mode thingy, too. Thanks for that! My SO and I tried to get some yesterday at a library. Even thought we were early, the line was wrapped around the block.

Somebody was selling them in the parking lot last night for $50!!! :shock:

Is it clear where you are Redbone? I'm at Kalaloch on the coast...and while you can tell that it's sunny...it's super misty and you can't see past 10ft maybe...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it clear where you are Redbone? I'm at Kalaloch on the coast...and while you can tell that it's sunny...it's super misty and you can't see past 10ft maybe...

Yes, it's completely clear. I live in Gig Harbor on the Kitsap Peninsula. We got a good view from my balcony. Do you think it'll clear up? I hope so!

I want to go to Canada for the 2024 one!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's going to hit here in a couple of hours. I shouldn't look.
Is it safe to view it through the windows or nah?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you are looking directly at it and not through the approved screening devices, you could burn your retina in short order.

Read some story today about a guy who stared for 20 seconds out of one eye, 55 years ago -- he still has a blind area in his vision, and he's in his 70's now.

Starry

Yes, it's completely clear. I live in Gig Harbor on the Kitsap Peninsula. We got a good view from my balcony. Do you think it'll clear up? I hope so!

I want to go to Canada for the 2024 one!

Oh awesome! So happy to hear this and that you will be able to see it! I don't think the fog will get a chance to burn off here before it goes dark but it will still be so cool to me...just having nighttime during the day! Road trip Canada 2024!

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
One side of the island is totally storming and one is completely clear we will begin to be able to see it in 1 hr. TooK day off as I felt celebratory

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live in a redwood forest, It's underway here, the crows are freaking out. I don't know if that's related.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Heh

“Eclipses… do not signifie much.” —Benjamin Franklin

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why are they calling it the "great American eclipse"? You don't own the sun, assholes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are they calling it the "great American eclipse"? You don't own the sun, assholes.

Can't you see the "Trump" logo emblazoned across the sun?

Look harder, maybe you'll see it!

.... side note, is this eclipse visible in any other country?

I'm gonna have to assume at least parts of Mexico and Canada can see some part of it as well. And parts of Central America.