• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the universe dying?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel like they might as well say that the universe is a contradiction of itself then, and everything that "is" "isn't" just as equally, as if the universe works in perfect harmony that it doesn't.

Can't you find something better to worry about?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read today that in the Hawaiian mythos of creation the octopus is the only survivor of our last universe's iteration.

Which explains my relation with the number eight.

So octopuses existed in a previous universe?

Mole

Permabanned
We project our own death onto the universe. We lack the courage to contemplate our own death, so in our cowardice we do something completely crazy, we contemplate the death of the universe.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Humans are killing the universe through greed and the need to occupy every inch of space over the earth. Our forest is being replaced with buildings, this isn't only affecting humans it has a huge affect on our wildlife. This is what I love about Northern Countries, there is open space , LOTS OF IT outside of our Cities and Industries. I can hardly breathe when I can't see/smell earth, water, trees, places with only buildings and city lights is not a world I want to call home. The universe was designed to live simply and have a deep respect for the land, water and trees. Who knows perhaps we will eventually find out because we didn't take care of our land and our beautiful skies with with pollution it will have serious consequences.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Humans are killing the universe through greed and the need to occupy every inch of space over the earth. Our forest is being replaced with buildings, this isn't only affecting humans it has a huge affect on our wildlife. This is what I love about Northern Countries, there is open space , LOTS OF IT outside of our Cities and Industries. I can hardly breathe when I can't see/smell earth, water, trees, places with only buildings and city lights is not a world I want to call home. The universe was designed to live simply and have a deep respect for the land, water and trees. Who knows perhaps we will eventually find out because we didn't take care of our land and our beautiful skies with with pollution it will have serious consequences.

That's just earth. We haven't gotten around to destroying the rest of the universe.

Mole

Permabanned
The universe is not only expanding everywhere, the expansion is accelerating without cease, and without the limitation of the speed of light.

So we know that part of the universe is now moving away from us faster than the speed of light at an accelerating rate, so that part of the universe as gone forever.

In billions of years all of the universe except for our Milky Way galaxy, held together by gravity, will be gone forever, and for anyone here, there will be nothing beyond the Milky Way.

About as plausible as the universe being God's ejaculate or him sending his only son to deliver us of sin.

So fuck it, yeah.
God thought himself to death. The Big Bang was the result. It's clearly mentioned in When Dieties Explode: The Death of a Clever Bastard a book I haven't written yet.

Mole

Permabanned
Why don't any of our holy books mention the accelerating expansion of the universe in every direction?