• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Binaural Waves

Mole

Permabanned
I listened to, kL3z, to entrain delta binaural waves in my brain.

I used stereo headphones and I gave it my full attention.

And I was rewarded with a long lasting hypnotic trance.

It is as though I am completely focused on one spot but I can see everything - I found it relaxing and enjoyable.

I have also downloaded a plug-in for Audacity which will enable me to make binaural recordings of my own.

I am also thinking of buying a pair of binaural microphones to record music, particularly live concerts, on my Aiwa F 80 digital recorder.

I like trance whether it is hypnotic trance or meditative trance.

And I was surprised to discover that trance is a normal part of everyone's daily life, but it is invisible and taken for granted.

It is as though the everyday is infused with magic we can neither see nor feel.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm going to look into this. I need to learn how to still my mind.

I understand you can't still your mind directly but you can easily still your mind indirectly.

One indirect method is muscle relaxation.

You can consciously relax your muscles one by one from your forehead to your toes.

And as you consciously relax your muscles one by one, your mind will follow suit.

I need to fully relax my muscles one by one about three times to reach the fullness of the mind relaxation.

And I need to do it every second day to maintain my relaxed mind.

I learnt how to do this in a book called, "Relief Without Drugs", by Anslie Mears.

And it works.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried that a few years ago. It's really neat. Never kept up with it though. I once played ping-pong after doing this and definitely had a temporary boost in focus; for about 10 minutes or so I was scoring above-my-normal until the effects wore off. My playing partner was impressed (though he didn't know I was listening to the binaural beats beforehand)

MBTI Type
INxJ
I learnt how to do this in a book called, "Relief Without Drugs", by Anslie Mears.

And it works.

Interesting. I will pick it up soon. Thank you for the info.

I tried that a few years ago. It's really neat. Never kept up with it though. I once played ping-pong after doing this and definitely had a temporary boost in focus; for about 10 minutes or so I was scoring above-my-normal until the effects wore off. My playing partner was impressed (though he didn't know I was listening to the binaural beats beforehand)

Awesome!

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I listened to, kL3z, to entrain delta binaural waves in my brain.

I used stereo headphones and I gave it my full attention.

I clicked it and attempted to do the same. It seemed suitably lulling input to accomplish this at first, and then came the buffering interruptions. :steam:

Mole

Permabanned
I clicked it and attempted to do the same. It seemed suitably lulling input to accomplish this at first, and then came the buffering interruptions. :steam:

Perhaps you could wait until it is fully loaded before you press 'play'.

In that way you avoid the buffering interruptions.

Then you just copy it to your hard disk and you can play it whenever you want.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I tried one and it didn't do a thing. I'm one that would claim hypnosis, trances or a deep meditative state won't work on myself though. Maybe my mind isn't "open" enough.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried one and it didn't do a thing. I'm one that would claim hypnosis, trances or a deep meditative state won't work on myself though. Maybe my mind isn't "open" enough.

I think a lot of those descriptions are exaggerated, or maybe they do apply but only to folks who already have plenty of experience doing that kind of stuff. Another thing to keep in mind is that your computer's sound setup needs PERFECT stereo separation--from the software all the way down to the headphones. If the computer's got some 3D sound effects stuff or stereo-imaging enhancer enabled that could mix the left/right channels a tad as part of its operation, or if you have your PC hooked into a stereo system and then your headphones hooked into that, a similar effect may happen (at least that's been my experience). The only way I've guaranteed 100% stereo separation is hooking my headphones directly into the sound card's port and disabling any of the fancy "stereo imaging" crap in the sound card settings.

If perfect stereo separation is not accomplished, then the beats do nothing since your ears won't hear perfect frequency variance between the two sides.

Mole

Permabanned

What I've noticed with those who say hypnosis, trance or meditation won't work for them, it that they are just unaware of the effects.

An external observer can plainly see they are affected.

For instance you go into trances all during the day - but just take them for granted.

For instance every morning, just after you wake up, you are in the hypnogogic trance. And every evening, just before you fall asleep, you pass though the hypnogogic trance. That's twice every day.

And all during the day you are moving in and out of trances.

So it is just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the feel of moving in and out of trance.

You might be surprised to find this is what you and everyone else does every day.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
It didn't work last night, but this is something I haven't been able to do for a long time.

I used to do it on a nightly basis, listening to music:

Turn the monitor off, and turn the bass on the subwoofer up and just drift away in the repetitive drone and float on the melody.

I blame a lack of social interaction, or being out of love. Nevertheless, I'll try this daily to see if it kicks in again.

Gauche

well, i tried I-doser 2-3 years ago with no effect. Its really neat program, i recommend it - you have "doses" each with different effect, like Marijuana, Cocaine, 5HTP, Peyote, Atom Bomb (or something like that) even Orgasm... really every sort of thing.. but you know, it didnt work for me, maybe ill try it once again