123 Last

Default Tor, DarkWeb, Hacking, Anonymity, Security & other resources

Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. -Stephen Hawking

Meet Richard P. Feynman

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I use a VM to get into the dark webs and nothing else, it's a full Linux system will all kinds of tools on it for diving into scary places:
    Whonix - Anonymous Operating System

For general and non critical anonymity, like browsing from a coffee shop, and torrents I use TorGuard, which doesn't really have anything to do with Tor, it's just a VPN:
    Anonymous VPN, Proxy & Anonymous Proxy Services | TorGuard

Currently migrating all of my passwords to random strings kept in a password vault:
    KeePass Password Safe

I haven't found a satisfactory way of buying/laundering BitCoin. I keep trying different things, it all tends to be awkward and risky or incredibly inconvenient. I haven't looked in a while, alternative crypto currency may help.
    Likes Starry, SpankyMcFly, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Currently migrating all of my passwords to random strings kept in a password vault:
    KeePass Password Safe
    Do you use this with linux? What is your impression of it so far, and how does it compare in your experience with other password managers?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you use this with linux? What is your impression of it so far, and how does it compare in your experience with other password managers?
    My home computer is Linux (Mint), but I also needed a solution that included work (Mac) and mobile (Android). I have never used any other password managers, besides password protected text and my own insufficient password scheme, this has been a long time coming. I can't really say much as I just started using it, but one really great plus is that it is multi-platform. I am keeping the encrypted database on a usb drive on my keychain, it has a micro-usb connector as well as standard so I can plug it into my phone. Also, I put keepass binaries on the drive for Mac and Windows just in case I have to use it on a strange computer without a connection. The program itself seems pretty straightforward, store a username/notes/url, generate a password in an encrypted database, I have yet to explore its other features, which from what I understand includes ways to expedite cutting and pasting passwords into websites. I intend to let Chrome remember website passwords, unless I feel like it's an unnecessary risk.

Are you using anything right now for password management?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Excellent thread @Listening. I plan to go over those links carefully.

I have a question for anyone skilled at technology @Coriolis @Totenkindly and @highlander come to mind.

To what extent can people hack into mobile phones? I had a friend who was assaulted by someone who was impersonating a friend through text messaging. What I don't know is if he physically had the phone. He works for a security company, so has some tech background, and I was looking online and found you can get set up to text message from a landline on sites like this:
    Text-enable Your Business Phone Number with TextBox

I'm wondering if a person could set up other phone lines to text from their computer, and if they can, would they also be able to read texts from remote phones? My friend and I do text message, so I just got a nervous feeling about whether or not those conversations could be hacked into and viewed remotely.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Scary things happen in the dark web. I used to have Tor but yeah I stopped using it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Mobile phone tech isn't my thing, sorry....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    Excellent thread @Listening. I plan to go over those links carefully.

I have a question for anyone skilled at technology @Coriolis @Totenkindly and @highlander come to mind.

To what extent can people hack into mobile phones? I had a friend who was assaulted by someone who was impersonating a friend through text messaging. What I don't know is if he physically had the phone. He works for a security company, so has some tech background, and I was looking online and found you can get set up to text message from a landline on sites like this:
    Text-enable Your Business Phone Number with TextBox

I'm wondering if a person could set up other phone lines to text from their computer, and if they can, would they also be able to read texts from remote phones? My friend and I do text message, so I just got a nervous feeling about whether or not those conversations could be hacked into and viewed remotely.
    You can send SMS from a computer, but it wouldn't look like it was from your friend unless somebody had cloned his sim card or something, in which case either of you would be screwed. The big problem with SMS is that when it gets transmitted from your phone to the tower that it's effectively in the clear and interceptable using the right equipment. If you want to chat with reasonable security/privacy I'd use an app if I were you, I know WhatsApp is popular for this.
    Likes highlander, labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You can send SMS from a computer, but it wouldn't look like it was from your friend unless somebody had cloned his sim card or something, in which case either of you would be screwed. The big problem with SMS is that when it gets transmitted from your phone to the tower that it's effectively in the clear and interceptable using the right equipment. If you want to chat with reasonable security/privacy I'd use an app if I were you, I know WhatsApp is popular for this.
    Yes I agree with all that. It's why SMS isn't that great for two factor authenticationot and an app on your phone like Google authenticator is better.
    On phones I would say an android is a lot more likely to get hacked than an iPhone but malware attacks on phones have not reached critical mass yet. I predict it will at some point in the next six years.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Qlip, labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Use password manager and auto-generate different passwords on every system you access. Use multifactor authentication on every system remotely important to you. If you use the same passwords on multiple systems go in and change that now.
    Likes Qlip liked this post