First 12345 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    A nickel could buy you five rashers of bacon and about a hogshead of cider!
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Any recommendations, or personal experiences with these SW?
    Not yet, but I am buying a new phone this week and I plan on buying one that cryptophone companies strip down and put their own proprietary software on (usually they use android because it is easy to build with). I may share about it, but I don't like to release my phone model info on the net so I may be vague. There is definitely a tradeoff for the security though. You won't be able to run some apps and it may block functionality on some to prevent personally identifiable data collection so be prepared for that if you're interested.
    Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.

Meet Richard P. Feynman

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.

Meet Richard P. Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    This may be a naive question, but is there safety in something simple like having a second tracfone with a number you don't share with many people? Even though it could be easily hacked, at least someone with a specific intention towards a specific person may not find the number? I'm assuming the phone and minutes could be purchased with cash at Walmart or something?
    Actually, that is not a bad idea, but if you do do that I would not recommend downloading any apps on it or internet browsing. Also your number would likely be compromised by those who keep your number in their contact list. Basically you're talking about a burner phone, but remember the more you use it the more your identity gets tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I use a VM to get into the dark webs and nothing else, it's a full Linux system will all kinds of tools on it for diving into scary places:
    Whonix - Anonymous Operating System

For general and non critical anonymity, like browsing from a coffee shop, and torrents I use TorGuard, which doesn't really have anything to do with Tor, it's just a VPN:
    Anonymous VPN, Proxy & Anonymous Proxy Services | TorGuard

Currently migrating all of my passwords to random strings kept in a password vault:
    KeePass Password Safe

I haven't found a satisfactory way of buying/laundering BitCoin. I keep trying different things, it all tends to be awkward and risky or incredibly inconvenient. I haven't looked in a while, alternative crypto currency may help.
    How would you compare your experience with whonix to tails if you have tried it? I am thinking of switching to Kali and using Tails for interactions that require more security.

Meet Richard P. Feynman

All those scary stories about the nasty things on the deep web are fabricated, right? I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable going there from the things I've heard so far, haha.

I think the dark web is the bi-polar part of the internet. It attracts the darkest sickest shit you can buy in a black market along with a lot of smart skilled white hats that are in cybersecurity, work for three letter agencies, researchers at major institutions of learning, etc.

Meet Richard P. Feynman

MBTI
    ISTJ

So what is the dark web exactly? The only thing I know about it comes from videogames on YouTube let's plays.

Quote Originally Posted by awbro View Post
    So what is the dark web exactly? The only thing I know about it comes from videogames on YouTube let's plays.
    Dark web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

visiting the dark web - YouTube
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Thank you. I avoid Googling it for the precise reasons this thread exists. So I suppose I'll read up on those now.

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    All those scary stories about the nasty things on the deep web are fabricated, right? I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable going there from the things I've heard so far, haha.
    I don't mean to start an argument but...look at 10:28-11:22.
    Likes Nørrsken liked this post