User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    You mean hand written or that you type it in and store it on a computer somewhere?
    Mine is handwritten, and goes everywhere with me. My old boss uses a password-protected excel spreadsheet file.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Mine is handwritten, and goes everywhere with me. My old boss uses a password-protected excel spreadsheet file.
    But when you change them, you cross the old ones off then?

I could never do this. I think I'm on over 80 sites. Everything from professional membership sites to social networking sites etc. etc.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

But when you change them, you cross the old ones off then?

I could never do this. I think I'm on over 80 sites. Everything from professional membership sites to social networking sites etc. etc.
    I tend to change them in batches. I remember, or am reminded to change one, and then change a bunch that are around the same age. I probably have only 25 or 30. There are some passwords I use only at work, which are on a separate list.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I tend to change them in batches. I remember, or am reminded to change one, and then change a bunch that are around the same age. I probably have only 25 or 30. There are some passwords I use only at work, which are on a separate list.
    I wonder how many people do this.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I wonder how many people do this.
    No idea. Anything that involves pencil and paper is considered too old school by most computer literate folks. I have been tempted to try the password-protected file method. That just turns your file into a password manager, but at least someone would have to know what to look for on your system to even get started with it. Still, paper in my wallet seems more secure, and I always have it, regardless of which computer I am using.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No idea. Anything that involves pencil and paper is considered too old school by most computer literate folks. I have been tempted to try the password-protected file method. That just turns your file into a password manager, but at least someone would have to know what to look for on your system to even get started with it. Still, paper in my wallet seems more secure, and I always have it, regardless of which computer I am using.
    One way to hack into systems is to crack those password protected Microsoft Excel files so I'm not a fan. The paper is more secure I guess unless you lose your wallet or bag or something.

Edit: In which case could be bad because they might also have your credit cards, drivers license, etc. Unless of course you keep it in a money belt or your shoe. I have left belts in airline security scanners though...

Tri-type 639

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I used to have a external hard drive that I would store information on like that in a notepad file.

I would only connect it for the brief time needed to enter more information (with internet off because dumb and paranoid) then every month I would print out the file onto a4 with the site names all mixed up as @Totenkindly mentioned.

Then I clear the text out and start again.

I stopped doing it because A) There are less management intense ways of doing this and B) No one gives a shit about my stuff.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    I stopped doing it because A) There are less management intense ways of doing this and B) No one gives a shit about my stuff.
    Yeah, I think procedure might change if I was actually anyone of importance.

There's probably more chance of me getting my computer hard-hacked via the Internet than someone mugging me for a slip of paper in my purse with coded passwords that they might not even find let alone recognize (hence sticking to tangibles). No one is gonna Watergate my apartment looking for my passwords.

TBH, my internet activity has slowed tremendously anyway. I'm not active on very many sites that need accounts, and I only have a few banking and/or credit card sites.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

This is a pretty nice demo and explanation.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/rules.php
    Code of Conduct

2. Advertising
    No advertising is allowed on the forum, whether for profit or not for profit. This includes advertising or soliciting participants for other internet forums or online communities.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/rules.php
    Code of Conduct

2. Advertising
    No advertising is allowed on the forum, whether for profit or not for profit. This includes advertising or soliciting participants for other internet forums or online communities.
    That's not advertising. I'm not soliciting anything. It's an independent review of the software. I'm recommending something that I know and use that I think is good. The purpose for posting it is to educate the members on how this kind of software works. @PeaceBaby recommended another product. It doesn't matter which one you use. Just use one of them.

If I had two recommendations that I could make, I would suggest that you
    - Implement password management software and pick different passwords for every site you go to
    - Don't run as a local administrator on your computer (by default). Set up two accounts - one which is a regular user and one which is an administrator. Only run as administrator when you need to install software or something similar.

The first thing reduces the potential that your compromised passwords on one system will lead to compromised passwords on another one. The second recommendation is important because it reduces the chance that you will get malware on your computer.

Tri-type 639