• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mixing human and animal DNA

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Sure. As far as I know, nothing that they're able to create can actually be born yet, anyway. Or ever come anywhere close to that stage.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sure. As far as I know, nothing that they're able to create can actually be born yet, anyway. Or ever come anywhere close to that stage.

No not now, as far as we know. If it were possible though.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Aren't there only five nucleotides anyway.

Human, tree, flamingo, fungus, bacteria, it's all good, we've all got different permutations of essentially the *exact same* DNA, no?

:huh:

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Like, genetically creating bear people and the like? I have no clue about that one.

Maybe bear people, if you want. I don't think creating an ewok is top of the list, but if they get G. Lucas backing maybe you're in luck. I was thinking more along the lines of super people. There are many things animals can do abilities, and strength, other senses etc. The obvious use might be for soldiers, but who knows.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Aren't there only five nucleotides anyway.

Human, tree, flamingo, fungus, bacteria, it's all good, we've all got different permutations of essentially the *exact same* DNA, no?

:huh:

MMM, I heard a lettuce has 47% the same DNA as humans.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mixing human with animal DNA sounds awesome! Imagine the possibilities!

What if humans had human heads on a dog's body? Mankind would be able to reach his ass with his tongue!

Or what about combining human DNA with venus flytrap DNA? That would be weirdly awesome!

I also think it'd be cool to mix my DNA with an octopus or a squid! I'd be the ultimate multitasker!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thoughts?

It would be an interesting experiment. I can see a lot of beneficial applications for it. Although I think we should research the dangers and possible implications for the being's quality of life carefully before actually trying to do it.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a mad scientist making abominations like a lion-scorpion-eagle-horse. I still daydream about it once in a while.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
Think of the X-men. They had the mutatnt gene, but they made that Jellyfish dude.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
actually... with viral gene implantation these days, we seem to be very close. Only thing is that we are focusing more on fixing things like genetic disorders by having a virus impregenated embryonic cells with a copy of a good gene that will produce viable enzymes and be well regulated.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Imagine the wider range of hair, eye, and skin pigmentations... If possible a retrovirus that reacts with hair roots to change a person's hair color. No more having to dye, just inject and let it grow in. Though, if you do it too often you may run the risk of losing your hair as opposed to just having it dry out and fray.