• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the purpose of human progress?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there an endgame?

Or is it merely a consequence, a byproduct of our <sentience, intelligence level, or insert trait or motivation here>?
Humans are conquerors, we strive to master as much of the world as we can. Humans have a special sort of greed, it's greed for not one particular item. It's a greed for love, wealth, respect, status ect. This human greed is never satisfied, so we will keep pushing the limits of our lives. Once we find out the limits of our lives, we then profit off of everything in between. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's a material profit too. It could be whatever the consequence is, desired or not. :drwho:

Lark

Humans are conquerors, we strive to master as much of the world as we can. Humans have a special sort of greed, it's greed for not one particular item. It's a greed for love, wealth, respect, status ect. This human greed is never satisfied, so we will keep pushing the limits of our lives. Once we find out the limits of our lives, we then profit off of everything in between. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's a material profit too. It could be whatever the consequence is, desired or not. :drwho:

I dont think that's so, I think that's the mode of existence which has arisen out of class struggle and scarity, we are on a trajectory for post-scarcity and I can but hope that class struggles will not obstruct that course for much longer than it has already.

The alternative to that mode of existence, that having mode, which is about power, dominance, enmity, envy, possessiveness, avarice etc. which is born of all that and the social character traits it requires, is another mode of existence, the being mode of existence, which I believe has been possible for a few but could be possible for all.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Survival instinct. Learn new dangers ahead of time, and circumvent them. It's easy to forget that we're still at war with nature. Progress is the act of surveying the enemy.