• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Kardashev Scale – Type I, II, III, IV & V Civilization

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Kardashev Scale - Type I, II, III, IV & V Civilization

The Kardashev Scale – Type I, II, III, IV & V Civilization

Posted By: Joe Garlandon: July 19, 2014In: Physics

Theorists assert that, as a civilization grows larger and becomes more advanced, its energy demands will increase rapidly due to its population growth and the energy requirements of its various machines. With this in mind, the Kardashev scale was developed as a way of measuring a civilization’s technological advancement based upon how much usable energy it has at its disposal.

Apparently, we're not even Type I.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't seem like this rating scale will be useful for the next few centuries at least.... we're kind of lost in the granular fold before Type I and I'm not sure how long it would take us to get there, if ever.

I hope this was an NTP. It's exactly the sort of impractical theoretical posturing that has become the stuff of human legend.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't seem like this rating scale will be useful for the next few centuries at least.... we're kind of lost in the granular fold before Type I and I'm not sure how long it would take us to get there, if ever.

I hope this was an NTP. It's exactly the sort of impractical theoretical posturing that has become the stuff of human legend.

But it's fun.